They won't build it! Hardhats vow not to work on groundzero Mosque

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
A growing number of New York construction workers are vowing not to work on the mosque planned near Ground Zero.
"It's a very touchy thing because they want to do this on sacred ground," said Dave Kaiser, 38, a blaster who is working to rebuild the World Trade Center site.

"I wouldn't work there, especially after I found out about what the imam said about U.S. policy being responsible for 9/11," Kaiser said.
The grass-roots movement is gaining momentum on the Internet. One construction worker created the "Hard Hat Pledge" on his blog and asked others to vow not to work on the project if it stays on Park Place.
"Thousands of people are signing up from all over the country," said creator Andy Sullivan, a construction worker from Brooklyn. "People who sell glass, steel, lumber, insurance. They are all refusing to do work if they build there."

They won't build it! Hardhats vow not to work on controversial mosque near Ground Zero

When politicians won't listen to the people, sometimes the people just take it into their own hands.

The hard hat pledge is a great start!

;)

It was headed towards this anyway I think, and you're right. When the MUTHA FUCKIN' POLITICIANS DON'T LISTEN, it's time for the people to take matters into their own hands. That's the way it's supposed to work anyway. These sons a bitchin' politicians work FOR the people, and when they forget that, they need to be REMINDED!

Un-America hardhats won't build it, is what the title should read. Luckily there are still enough REAL Americans who understand this is a lot of bull and will work for people who have a different religion.

xotoxi
Thanks for your video clip of a shoe being thrown at War Criminal Bush, I never get tired of it!

I'll go work on it, and have a BLT for lunch everyday.

:evil:

Why do you think they'd care what you ate for lunch?

I'll allow you to think about that for a while.

Do you really think that American Muslims, particularly New Yorkers are that dogmatic?
I guess you've never really spent much time in NY, but every day, thousands of Muslim men make thousands of Bacon-Egg-and-Cheese sandwiches at corner stores everywhere. There's already a supermarket that sells bacon next door, and a bar on the other side.

Do you even know any Muslims?

I would be willing to bet that the unions will give in to bureaucratic pressure and build it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Well, I've spoken to the Political Director for the Building Trade Unions in NY, he's very liberal, and not opposed to the Park51 Center at all.

I am willing to bet that the unions give in to bureaucratic pressure and build it. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my guess.

Why do you think they'd care what you ate for lunch?

Do you really think that American Muslims, particularly New Yorkers are that dogmatic?
I guess you've never really spent much time in NY, but every day, thousands of Muslim men make thousands of Bacon-Egg-and-Cheese sandwiches at corner stores everywhere. There's already a supermarket that sells bacon next door, and a bar on the other side.

I have had dealings with Muslims, I do not have any close Muslim friends. I even worked on a Mosque.

I have had dealings with Muslims, I do not have any close Muslim friends. I even worked on a Mosque.

Well, let me teach you something then.

There are many different types of Muslims, just like there are many different types of Christians.

Also, Muslims - just like Christians and Jews - vary in the extent that they follow dogma.

They're not as thin-skinned as you seem to assume.

I am willing to bet that the unions give in to bureaucratic pressure and build it. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my guess.

The Unions were always on board. They're not "giving in".

You guys all VASTLY underestimate New Yorkers. A majority of residents of Manhattan (where the Center will be) support the center. New Yorkers in general are split 50-50. The unions would never be against this.

Forum List

Back