They won't build it! Hardhats vow not to work on groundzero Mosque

A growing number of New York construction workers are vowing not to work on the mosque planned near Ground Zero.
"It's a very touchy thing because they want to do this on sacred ground," said Dave Kaiser, 38, a blaster who is working to rebuild the World Trade Center site.

"I wouldn't work there, especially after I found out about what the imam said about U.S. policy being responsible for 9/11," Kaiser said.
The grass-roots movement is gaining momentum on the Internet. One construction worker created the "Hard Hat Pledge" on his blog and asked others to vow not to work on the project if it stays on Park Place.
"Thousands of people are signing up from all over the country," said creator Andy Sullivan, a construction worker from Brooklyn. "People who sell glass, steel, lumber, insurance. They are all refusing to do work if they build there."

They won't build it! Hardhats vow not to work on controversial mosque near Ground Zero

When politicians won't listen to the people, sometimes the people just take it into their own hands.

The hard hat pledge is a great start!

;)

amazing!

TPS now supporting unions :D

I think what they need to do is put a barbecue place in right next to the Mosque that serves barbecue pork, pork rinds, bacon. I mean ALL the best parts of the pig.

If liberals want freedom, then we will give 'em freedom!

I think what they need to do is put a barbecue place in right next to the Mosque that serves barbecue pork, pork rinds, bacon. I mean ALL the best parts of the pig.

Might need a cardiac clinic next to that place ;)

people will really flip if they have to bus in illegals to help build it

"Have to"? How on earth will they "have to"?

People will have a valid reason to flip if they "bus in illegals".... because they are ILLEGAL. I know it's hard but many of us have this strange thing we call 'respect for the law'. It's above your paygrade so don't trouble yourself with it.

You don't think that there are any construction workers among the 50% of NYers who either support the mosque or don't care?

they'll just import some iranian workers to do the job.

Import? Like goods? How very racist of you. Just because they are foreign doesn't make them less human. Jeeeeez.

And, you do realize what a 'work permit' is, don't you?

One sentence and you can't even think that through logically.

Conclusion: You're a fucking idiot.

"Have to"? How on earth will they "have to"?

People will have a valid reason to flip if they "bus in illegals".... because they are ILLEGAL. I know it's hard but many of us have this strange thing we call 'respect for the law'. It's above your paygrade so don't trouble yourself with it.

you are by far my new favorite idiot. your baseless ad-hominem just make it that much better

I doubt you'd make any money, there's already a BBQ place on the corner, and I don't think any of the real estate on that block is up for sale anyway.

But good luck on your BBQ spot!

New Topics

Forum List

Back