They Don't Care Who Has A Gun

That's just funny. You think you're going to just print your own gun. I guess you might be able to produce something, you know, something like the zip guns shown in old prison movies made out of a toothbrush, a ball point pen and a couple of rubber bands, but home printing of a usable gun is nowhere near possible. You planning on making your barrel out of plastic?

You do not know a damn thing about 3D printing, do you. (That's not a question.)

Of course...modern CAD-CAM machining means you can disassemble a gun, scan the parts, and MAKE a new one from metal stock! (It's not unusual...there are at least six places that can do this in the county where I live.)
The downside to metal printing is that it is expensive though. The thing about plastic printing, it can be had for 500 bucks. And you can still print working firearms from it.

That is today. Every year it gets more assessable and more advanced.

Not sure what you mean when you say metal printing. I guess you could extrude metal shavings with some kind of epoxy binder, but that's not metal printing. Keep hoping. Like I say, I'm still waiting on those flying cars, or personal jetpacks

That's just funny. You think you're going to just print your own gun. I guess you might be able to produce something, you know, something like the zip guns shown in old prison movies made out of a toothbrush, a ball point pen and a couple of rubber bands, but home printing of a usable gun is nowhere near possible. You planning on making your barrel out of plastic?

You do not know a damn thing about 3D printing, do you. (That's not a question.)

Of course...modern CAD-CAM machining means you can disassemble a gun, scan the parts, and MAKE a new one from metal stock! (It's not unusual...there are at least six places that can do this in the county where I live.)
The downside to metal printing is that it is expensive though. The thing about plastic printing, it can be had for 500 bucks. And you can still print working firearms from it.

This issue with 3D printing isn't really the capabilities it affords us. We've always been able to make our on weapons. The real challenge of 3D printing is that it takes the same issues we're struggling with regarding copyrights and electronic data, and injects them (literally ;)) into patents and manufacturing.

Exactly. Anyone with a small machine shop has been able to make their own gun for a long time. Do you really think that people will abandon the manufacturers who have produced such dependable weapons for so long and start doing it themselves? Hardly.

Howey said:

Here we see another warmed-over lie from the usual leftist fanatics.

They can't refute the NRA's stance that the government should have no say in which law-abiding citizen should or shouldn't own a gun.

So they lie about the NRA instead, and try to pretend they "don't care who has a gun".

The futility and dishonesty of these people knows no bounds.

The NRA had nothign to do with the decision. It was the Court of Appeals.
And they're right. The system sucks. I have a customer who committed armed robbery and couldn't buy a gun. Terrible, no? Oh, did I mention he committed armed robbery when he was 21 years old and now he's 60 and has had an exemplary clean life ever since and is a small business owner worried about being robbed because he carries cash to the bank? Yeah.
Another customer did over a year for rape and couldn't buy a gun. Terrible, right? Did I mention it was statutory rape, he was 19 and his girlfriend was 17 and dad caught them. And now he's 70. Where is the justice in that? What purpose is served by denying basic rights to people who have a long demonstrated history of being law abiding people?

No, I don't know a thing about 3D printing, but I suppose I could remove the spindle from my mill and mount an extruder and start learning. My scanning and cad programs would work for that to. If you think there are only six places in the country that can do 3D printing, obviously, you don't know a thing about it.

Dude...reading is fundamental. I said there were at least six places in the COUNTY, not the country! (There are six I know of, I suspect there are more.) And I mentioned nothing about 3D printing...I was referring to a machine shop with a CAD-CAM system! (Which, today, is most of them.)

Then one should be easy to come by.

Otherwise you are blowing smoke. I see all over the place that they do not advocate for it, do not want it as a required technology and do not suggest anyone use it. Where have they advocated for a ban?

Actively working to prevent it's sale is advocating a ban.
"Ban" is a legal blocking of the sales - unacceptable to those that believe in rights and freedom. Advocating you not buy something because it is garbage is not 'trying to ban.' That is perfectly fine.

So I guess you were just blowing smoke then. I am not surprised.

Not sure what you mean when you say metal printing. I guess you could extrude metal shavings with some kind of epoxy binder, but that's not metal printing. Keep hoping. Like I say, I'm still waiting on those flying cars, or personal jetpacks
Additive Metals
DirectedMFG Services Selective Metal Laser Melting
Metal printing does NOT use a 'binding' material. You do understand that metal melts right??

Sigh.

This is not hoping - it is FACT and here right now. You keep dreaming that this technology is not present when, in fact, it is going strong and making giant strides every year. It is in its early infancy and we are still seeing effective printing of highly complex and durable results.

Metal guns are being printed right now:
The World Just Got a New Entirely 3D-Printed Metal Gun

And they work like a charm (as well as look cool as hell). The sad part is you keep telling me to 'keep on dreaming' or laughing at the idea of a plastic barrel when it is blatantly obvious you have zero clue about additive manufacturing and its capabilities. Rather than demand that such things simply are not possible you should try and actually look at what we are already doing with this technology. Right now you are grossly misinformed about the possibilities and current technology in 3d printing techniques.

Wait... you think its hard to make a barrel and breech block out of metal?

Watch me discombobulate the libs...ALARM communist China is selling thousands of hobby metal lathes and mills in the U.S. that could be easily used to build a gun and you don't even have to register them or pass a background check O...M...G!!

With the proper equipment, you can, and always have been able to make anything you want. I thought you were discussing how you think that very soon everybody will be able to just whip out a usable gun on their personal 3D printer. What is possible is far from what is common place, or even will be common place in the near future. You don't understand that?

Watch me discombobulate the libs...ALARM communist China is selling thousands of hobby metal lathes and mills in the U.S. that could be easily used to build a gun and you don't even have to register them or pass a background check O...M...G!!

Actually, a lathe won't do it, but you can get a mill just as easily. Get back with me when those hobby lathes, or mills, become so prevalent till it's no longer extremely unusual for the average gun enthusiast to build his own. I don't expect that to be any time soon. I promise to try getting worked up then, but it's not really that big of a deal for now. For now, that's mostly just something for people to wish for, like the toys in the old Sears catalog was just before Christmas. The catalog was better back then though, because you had to go through women's underwear before you got to the toys.

Actually, mills,. lathes, and the like are more and more common in home shops. Heck, you can get them-new-for under $700. People aren't machining their own receivers because it's just easier to buy one.

Of course...you can buy an "80% lower" for under $50 and finish it yourself.

Howey said:

This is the NRA mentality. They don't care who has guns.

Here we see another warmed-over lie from the usual leftist fanatics.

They can't refute the NRA's stance that the government should have no say in which law-abiding citizen should or shouldn't own a gun.

So they lie about the NRA instead, and try to pretend they "don't care who has a gun".

The futility and dishonesty of these people knows no bounds.

We're not discussing CC. We're discussing what the NRA stands for.

We're not discussing anything.

You're lying in hopes of smearing your enemy, and I'm calling you on your lies; which is not a discussion.

They would prefer to do away with CC and allow open carry across the board.
Texas considers allowing open carry of handguns

I guess open Communist Kamala Harris must be part of the NRA then?

Attorney General Kamala D. Harris Appeals Ninth Circuit Concealed Weapons Permit Ruling State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General

Oh wait, you're just lying, because that's what leftists do.

Open Carry is a Constitutional right. You of the anti-liberty left seek to crush all rights and repeal the Constitution. The move in Texas has nothing to do with CC.

Actually, mills,. lathes, and the like are more and more common in home shops. Heck, you can get them-new-for under $700. People aren't machining their own receivers because it's just easier to buy one.

Communists seek to crush civil rights. But democrats are stupid, what they do fails every time it's tried.

Metal-Gun-640x353.jpg

1200 The price of legally 3D printing your own metal AR-15 rifle at home ExtremeTech

Bulldog dreams of the old USSR, but it will never happen. The technology that the authoritarians praise for tracking and monitoring the subjects, also makes it impossible to keep arms from the enslaved populace.

A few questions for you.

A man walks into a convenience store carrying a 38. He picks up a loaf of bread, and a gallon of milk and walks to the counter. Next, he shoots the clerk and takes the money from the cash register and runs.

1. The NRA spends millions fighting for him to be able to carry that gun into the store, so do they have any responsibility for the shooting when they know some of the people they are fighting for will shoot the clerk?

2. At exactly what point does the NRA stop calling him a good guy with a gun?

Really? You can't figure it out?

He stops being a good guy the second he shoots the clerk.

3. If he gets away, will the NRA continue calling him a good guy with a gun the next time he walks into a store?

What special kind of retard do you have to be to think the NRA would consider a someone who shoots a clerk a good guy?

This is the NRA mentality. They don't care who has guns.

US appeals court deems gun law unconstitutional Fox News US appeals court deems gun law unconstitutional

A federal appeals court in Cincinnati deemed a law unconstitutional that kept a Michigan man who was committed to a mental institution from owning a gun.

The three-judge panel of the Sixth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals unanimously ruled that a federal ban on gun ownership for those who have been committed to a mental institution violated the Second Amendment rights of 73-year-old Clifford Charles Tyler.

Tyler attempted to buy a gun and was denied on the grounds that he had been committed to a mental institution in 1986 after suffering emotional problems stemming from a divorce. He was only in there for a month.

Tyler’s lawyer, Lucas McCarthy, hopes that the ruling would have a “significant impact on the jurisprudence in the area of gun rights.”

the one thing bush the baby will be remembered for is destroying our courts with winger appointments.

Actually, a lathe won't do it, but you can get a mill just as easily. Get back with me when those hobby lathes, or mills, become so prevalent till it's no longer extremely unusual for the average gun enthusiast to build his own.
Get back to me when 3D printers become so prevalent that it is no longer extremely unusual for the average gun enthusiast to 3D print his own gun.

Communists seek to crush civil rights. But democrats are stupid, what they do fails every time it's tried.

Bulldog dreams of the old USSR, but it will never happen. The technology that the authoritarians praise for tracking and monitoring the subjects, also makes it impossible to keep arms from the enslaved populace.

you don't have any right to unfettered ownership of weapons.

but thanks.

I do however have the right to reproductive choice.

you wingers really need to get your law straight.

Forum List

Back