They can start drilling today, last week, last month, etc. etc etc...

Only morons like you believe we're only talking about exports of unrefined crude oil.

Moron, you were originally replying to me talking about making up Russian CRUDE shortfall with our CRUDE reserves.

You made a bullshit, irrelvant point about America's total use of oil that you've now abandoned and switched to conflating different types of petrolium.

And now you are going to tell me about what we were talking about?

Last edited:
We don't know the meaning of any of these terms. What does it mean to "approve a permit?" does it mean someone actually purchased it? Does it mean there are any known deposits on it? What the fuck does it mean?

Permits are part of every step in the process. Land use permits. They have to have a permit to do seismic surveys. Then they'd need a exploratory well permit. Then if they strike oil I think they'll need some more permits to develop the oil field and production wells need permits....Permits out the whazo!

None of that is justification for canceling the pipeline.
ESPECIALLY from environmentalists like Biden!
The alternative delivery system are 1 million barrel oil tankers and I ask environmentalists this simple question:
Which would damage the environment more:
1 million barrels traveling in an oil tanker on one mile of open ocean OR
700 barrels traveling one mile in a pipeline buried on dry land?
To a non-expert like me the realities of oil spills by pipelines vs oil tankers over last 10 years seems relevant.
Pipeline spills
the existing Keystone pipeline experienced 14 spills since June 2010. The key here is the volume:
Seven were 10 gallons or less, (70 gallons, OK?_ two were between 300 and 500 gallons.( 1,000 gallons)

The worst pipeline spill, of 21,000 gallons, was in May 2011 following a valve failure at a pumping station in Sargent County, N.D. A second leak, of 430 gallons, occurred later that same month in Doniphan County, Kan. TransCanda responded to both leaks by shutting down the entire pipeline system for two weeks to give the company time to replace fittings.

Now what about oil tankers?
Many of you maybe too young to know about the Exxon Valdez in 1989...
The Exxon Valdez oil spill occurred when an oil tanker crashed onto the shore of Prince William Sound in Alaska on March 24, 1989. It contaminated 1,300 miles of coastline with 250,000 barrels or 11 million gallons of oil.
Now as far as from that spill the record of oil tanker spills is as follows:
Tanker spills
The total volume of oil lost to the environment from tanker spills in 2020 was approximately 1,000 tonnes.
Now there are 2,204 lbs in one tonne... or 2,204,000 lbs at 300 lbs /barrel at 55 gallons or 404,066 gallons...
Hmmm... the WORST pipeline spill of 21,000 gallons vs all tanker spills in 2020 of 404,066 gallons...Hmmm?
Which spill had the most oil?

Moron, you were originally replying to me talking about making up Russian CRUDE shortfall with our CRUDE reserves.

You made a bullshit, irrelvant point about America's total use of oil that you've now abandoned and switched to conflating different types of petrolium.

And now you are going to tell me about what we were talking about?
Your argument is getting too contorted for anyone to understand.

This is a trivial point that doesn't really matter. It's just a means for you to weasel and pretend that we didn't achieve net negative imports.

The alternative delivery system are 1 million barrel oil tankers and I ask environmentalists this simple question:
To a non-expert like me the realities of oil spills by pipelines vs oil tankers over last 10 years seems relevant.
Pipeline spills
the existing Keystone pipeline experienced 14 spills since June 2010. The key here is the volume:
Seven were 10 gallons or less, (70 gallons, OK?_ two were between 300 and 500 gallons.( 1,000 gallons)

The worst pipeline spill, of 21,000 gallons, was in May 2011 following a valve failure at a pumping station in Sargent County, N.D. A second leak, of 430 gallons, occurred later that same month in Doniphan County, Kan. TransCanda responded to both leaks by shutting down the entire pipeline system for two weeks to give the company time to replace fittings.

The Exxon Valdez oil spill occurred when an oil tanker crashed onto the shore of Prince William Sound in Alaska on March 24, 1989. It contaminated 1,300 miles of coastline with 250,000 barrels or 11 million gallons of oil.
Tanker spills
The total volume of oil lost to the environment from tanker spills in 2020 was approximately 1,000 tonnes.
Now there are 2,204 lbs in one tonne... or 2,204,000 lbs at 300 lbs /barrel at 55 gallons or 404,066 gallons...
Hmmm... the WORST pipeline spill of 21,000 gallons vs all tanker spills in 2020 of 404,066 gallons...Hmmm?

Are we talking about English tons or metric tons? There are 2000 lbs in an English ton.

Are we talking about English tons or metric tons? There are 2000 lbs in an English ton.
I used the term "tonne" because that was what the article used..
And to be sure I knew the distinction between "ton" and "tonne", I looked up on the internet BEFORE I did
the calculations and found the following:
Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 10.13.43 AM.png

After Biden was sued and forced to issue the permits. Then rendered useless by all sorts of EPA regulations and ridiculous jacked up royalties. We fully understand how the lying Biden admin works.
punish americans. we know it.

The 700,000 figure is used in many news articles:

According to monthly totals released by the Energy Information Administration, the U.S. imported nearly 700,000 barrels per day of oil on average from Russia last year.

I used the term "tonne" because that was what the article used..
And to be sure I knew the distinction between "ton" and "tonne", I looked up on the internet BEFORE I did
the calculations and found the following:
View attachment 613538
Right, that's a metric ton. An English ton is 2000 lbs. I believe U.S. firms use English tons, not metric tons. Gallons and barrels are English units.

Pipeline spills

Tanker spills
I'll summarize, Dems LIE for votes.

So if biden sez they can start drilling today, etc etc etc is that an executive order that they can bypass 10 years of requirements
I'd love to see someone just go drag a rig out on a site and start drilling and see what happens

They must organize and safely manage their reservoir and satisfy several regulatory requirements, such as an onsite inspection, environmental review and permit approval. This process can actually take up to 10 years.

Experts say even if these companies start drilling more oil wells today, it could take anywhere from six months to years for that oil to start flowing.

Most people on the left have no clue about the process…they just parrot what Rachel Maddow says.

Forum List

Back