~They Call This Art~

...And this, the very last painting portraying the Shuttle program, and so many memories over the last 35 years, as I toss paint around on it. I'm working on this one and its almost done.

223770_225231970845458_100000759716724_570445_3399977_n.jpg

"Hail, Atlantis", ---36"x78", oil on panel, Atlantis at T+35 sec. Go For Throttle Up!!. In the collection of NASA-Smithsonian, by: Robert A. M Stephens All Rights Reserved, Copyright, 2012.

As I am painting on this work this evening while I was listening to these guys-- what a band. Wonderful music, fabulous song so am burning the album on the mac here for a CD to hear in VEX tomorrow:

BLACK STONE CHERRY - In My Blood - YouTube

In my blood, indeed.....its all been so good......A Grand and Disturbing Adventure....

Robert

How could it already be in their collection, if you are still working on it?

Fraud.

Compared to the emerging stye of hyper-realisim, I do not see that your paintings are too realistic.

Here are some examples of hyper-realistic pencil drawings.

Paul Cadden: The hyperrealist artist recreating photographs with pencil | Mail Online

My latest is at the framers. I'll post it when I get it back. It has been sold already but I have permission for it to go on exhibition in October. Delivery will be when it's out of exhibition.

50533268.jpg

pretty good....

1st impression is, how does one 'paint' fire....?

~S~

Good question and it was the hardest for me to learn. So, I went back to the old school color of Flake white. Not titanium or the other "weak" whites but good 'ol Flake. So much lead, but, it does tint hot, glaring, opaque white.

Then, you trick the eye away from the light source, in this case the SRB exhaust, then darken down from there outward or away from the subject light source. In this painting it worked well and was able to pull it it off as intended.

Thank you for your compliment.

Robert

Compared to the emerging stye of hyper-realisim, I do not see that your paintings are too realistic.

Here are some examples of hyper-realistic pencil drawings.

Paul Cadden: The hyperrealist artist recreating photographs with pencil | Mail Online

My latest is at the framers. I'll post it when I get it back. It has been sold already but I have permission for it to go on exhibition in October. Delivery will be when it's out of exhibition.

This is going to be super--can't wait to see your works. Do you have any other samples you could load up here for the rest of us?

Thanks,

Robert

...And this, the very last painting portraying the Shuttle program, and so many memories over the last 35 years, as I toss paint around on it. I'm working on this one and its almost done.

223770_225231970845458_100000759716724_570445_3399977_n.jpg

"Hail, Atlantis", ---36"x78", oil on panel, Atlantis at T+35 sec. Go For Throttle Up!!. In the collection of NASA-Smithsonian, by: Robert A. M Stephens All Rights Reserved, Copyright, 2012.

Robert

Yes, to PM, the painting is done, but here in the studio/apartment where I am working. I still have to do on it is to give it its pre-varnish, and then final varnish coat and ready it for shipping plus a few more touch ups here and there on it. It's far enough along I can photo it and .jpeg it for here on the site and thus the salutation on the painting itself. A normal procedure because in the past, sometimes my paintings show up in places I had no clue about. Oh well....So, I put all the legal stuff on it and where it goes for deposit in collection.

From there, it goes on to destination. The gallery here, New Mexico Art, handles my work here and takes care of shipping.

Thank you for the compliments and hope I answered your question.

Robert

Last edited:
Here's one of the movie posters I did for this movie. All digital. I did this in Renderman and Maya. They then made them into serographs for the hard copy poster at movie marquees and for online advertising. These are fun to do.

267780_222578357777486_3882191_n.jpg

Robert

Here's one of the movie posters I did for this movie. All digital. I did this in Renderman and Maya. They then made them into serographs for the hard copy poster at movie marquees and for online advertising. These are fun to do.

Robert

Bullshit.. that is a crappy copy of this poster, reversed...
Alien Vs. Predator movie posters at MovieGoods.com
240513.1020.A.jpg

Consider yourself reported to 20th Century Fox, you utter fraud

Last edited:

Robert

240513.1020.A.jpg

Such a joke. Too funny. Yes, indeed, report it.....hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha you are one sick fucker. You are sooo stupid. The art has nothing to do with the poster for the movie, they would never, ever put the artist on the poster at the theater. Jesus. so stupid. That salutation is mine, the poster you posted is what shows at the theater. Report it indeed. So lame, so psycho... Awesome. Yea, right, movie posters always have the artist who drew the poster on there too.........fuck me......God help us.

Robert

Last edited:

Robert

240513.1020.A.jpg

Such a joke. Too funny. Yes, indeed, report it.....hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha you are one sick fucker.
Already did.

You DO know they frown on copyright infringement here... right?

Robert

240513.1020.A.jpg

Such a joke. Too funny. Yes, indeed, report it.....hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha you are one sick fucker. You are sooo stupid. The art has nothing to do with the poster for the movie, they would never, ever put the artist on the poster at the theater. Jesus. so stupid. That salutation is mine, the poster you posted is what shows at the theater. Report it indeed. So lame, so psycho... Awesome. Yea, right, movie posters always have the artist who drew the poster on there too.........fuck me......God help us.

Robert

How fucking stupid are you?

Seriously. Are you moderately stupid, or completely fucking stupid?

Did I MENTION the salutation, you moron>? No. I said it was a crappy copy, reversed (left to right).

You stated...
They then made them into serographs for the hard copy poster at movie marquees and for online advertising.

and THEN you stated...
The art has nothing to do with the poster for the movie

Contradicting yourself, yet again.

Again, just to drill it into that phoney, fraud filled head of yours.. NO ONE mentioned the salutation on what you claim is YOUR poster. I said it was a crappy copy, reversed. That's all The salutation is immaterial, and what we call a straw-man argument on your part.

FAIL

50533268.jpg

pretty good....

1st impression is, how does one 'paint' fire....?

~S~

Good question and it was the hardest for me to learn. So, I went back to the old school color of Flake white. Not titanium or the other "weak" whites but good 'ol Flake. So much lead, but, it does tint hot, glaring, opaque white.

Then, you trick the eye away from the light source, in this case the SRB exhaust, then darken down from there outward or away from the subject light source. In this painting it worked well and was able to pull it it off as intended.

Thank you for your compliment.

Robert

You lying sack of shit! You stole a 2009 photo by Red Huber of the Orlando Sentinel off of the internet and you're trying to pass it off as a painting you did for NASA and in the NASA Smithsonian collection. You've been exposed.

Pictures: STS-129 Space Shuttle Atlantis - OrlandoSentinel.com

View attachment 18229

Red Huber's best space shuttle photos - OrlandoSentinel.com

By the way, you've been reported.

Last edited:
yeah, don't mind the detractors, internet is what it is Rob

you know, i realy don't know jack about art

seems to me it's sort of a living thing one can jive with or not

my personal view is often 'Gee, how'd s/he DO that' , which is more a nod to the technical aspect

~S~

:tongue:

How many women knew they could use their old maxi pads to make skippers?? ~Lmao~

Who the hell wants to display maxi pad slippers or whatever the hell that is supposed to be?

Art? Not. Raphael,Monet,Van Goeh, Dali, now that's art.

True. That was art, and incredible painters.

Here is my latest, one of two paintings for NASA, commerating the end of the STS program, STS, Shuttle.

50533268.jpg

"The Last Triumph", Atlantis, at T+44 seconds into launch. 39"x60", oil on panel. In the collection of NASA-Smithsonian. All Rights Reserved, Copyright, Robert A.M. Stephens, LLC, 2012

Fun thread here.

Robert

You are so completely full of shit it's unreal!

KWC proved you stole the picture and claimed it as your own!

Here's your post #33...
Here is my latest, one of two paintings for NASA, commerating the end of the STS program, STS, Shuttle.

50533268.jpg

"The Last Triumph", Atlantis, at T+44 seconds into launch. 39"x60", oil on panel. In the collection of NASA-Smithsonian. All Rights Reserved, Copyright, Robert A.M. Stephens, LLC, 2012

Fun thread here.

Robert

and here is photo #3 from this link...
Pictures: STS-129 Space Shuttle Atlantis - OrlandoSentinel.com
50533268.jpg

STS-129 Space shuttle Atlantis
( RED HUBER, ORLANDO SENTINEL / November 16, 2009 )
Space shuttle Atlantis and a 6-member crew blasts off Monday, Nov. 16, 2009 from launch pad 39A and at 2:28 p.m. on a crucial supply mission to the International Space Station.

You STOLE a copyrighted work, and claimed it as your own.

FRAUD.

I don't know who KWC reported your lying ass to, but I'm reporting it to the Orlando Sentinel and Red Huber.

You're toast.

Awesome work, Robert. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you freedom, most kind and love this section, and I didn't know it was here until day before yesterday........duh....some of the girls here wrote me and told me about this. Thank you maidens, very cool.

Here is a movie still image from ID4 (a one second movie still is one 35mm film frame shot of a scene within said movie), and 17 of us digital artist guys worked this and some other beauty passes. The names are in the credits. It was fun and loved this movie and it was my second work I got for FXFX.

284806_222818394420149_100000759716724_562784_3060987_n.jpg

Thank you again and my hat is tipped,

Robert

Yeah and they called the guy formerly known as Prince an artist???

Yea, too funny........wow. I just don't understand modern art at all. Oh well....and a singer I never got it either....

Maybe in certain circles you are real cool if you like it or have it or both. Same with music.

Weird.

Robert

Last edited:

Forum List

Back