~They Call This Art~

Awesome work, Robert. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you freedom, most kind and love this section, and I didn't know it was here until day before yesterday........duh....some of the girls here wrote me and told me about this. Thank you maidens, very cool.

Here is a movie still image from ID4 (a one second movie still is one 35mm film frame shot of a scene within said movie), and 17 of us digital artist guys worked this and some other beauty passes. The names are in the credits. It was fun and loved this movie and it was my second work I got for FXFX.

284806_222818394420149_100000759716724_562784_3060987_n.jpg

Thank you again and my hat is tipped,

Robert

Robert Stephens is not listed in ANY of the online lists of credits for Independence Day. You're a liar and a fraud, as has already been pointed out numerous times. I can't wait until Huber catches up with your lying ass. That is gonna be priceless! :rofl:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116629/fullcredits

Here's the entire ART department credits...
Art Department
Alesia Abatie .... art department researcher
Wally Adee .... property master: New York
Matthew R. Altman .... on-set dresser
Salvador Anaya .... plaster foreman
Billy Baker .... set dresser
Rob Bennett .... lead man: Utah
Oana Bogdan .... art department coordinator
Bonnie J. Brinkley .... art director: New York (as Bonnie Brinkley)
Bruce Bullock .... production assistant: set decorating
Richard K. Buoen .... illustrator (as Richard Buoen)
Marco A. Campos .... general foreman
Frank Capello .... construction foreman (as Frank A. Capello)
Melanie S. Chretin .... set dresser (as Melanie Chretin)
Scott Edward Collins .... set dresser
Mick Cukurs .... set designer
Robert E. Denne .... paint foreman (as Robert Dante Denne)
Tony J. DiPanni .... labor foreman
J. Gregory Evans .... set dresser (as Greg Evans)
Sandra Ferguson .... art department researcher
Scott Getzinger .... assistant props
Joseph Frank Giorgianni .... construction foreman (as Joseph Giorgianni)
Dale Gordon .... sculptor (as Dale B. Gordon)
Trevor Goring .... storyboard artist
Joe Griffith .... illustrator (as Joseph F. Griffith Jr.)
Kirsten Hammel .... art department staff assistant
Doug Harlocker .... property master (as Douglas Harlocker)
Sean Haworth .... set designer
Robyn B. Holmes .... set dresser
Jack Johnson .... storyboard artist
Stephen Katz .... art department staff assistant
Pamela Klamer .... set designer
Gary A. Krakoff .... construction coordinator
Tim R. Lafferty .... construction foreman (as Tim Lafferty)
Jack Laspada .... labor foreman (as Jack La Spada)
Thomas W. Lay Jr. .... illustrator (as Tom Lay)
Julia K. Levine .... set designer (as Julia Levine)
Scott Maginnis .... assistant props
Jon Marsala .... construction foreman
John A. Mileski .... stand-by painter (as John 'Jam' Mileski)
Wendy Murray .... buyer
Christopher Neely .... set dresser
Rick Newsome .... storyboard artist
Richard Nieman .... set dresser
H. Bruce Norrbom .... construction foreman
Robert Papegaay .... assistant paint foreman
Mark Perry .... gang boss
Ron Pipes .... creature shop art department
Lauren E. Polizzi .... assistant art director
Lauren E. Polizzi .... set designer
Peter A. Ramsey .... storyboard artist (as Peter 'Taco' Ramsey)
Jacques Rey .... storyboard artist (as Jacques Reisdorfer Rey)
Peter Mitchell Rubin .... pre-visualization
Charles S. Serrano .... construction foreman (as Charles Serrano)
Grant Sparks .... gang boss
Angela Stauffer .... art department staff assistant
Mary Kate Vincent-Ronchetti .... draper
Len Wiseman .... assistant props
Victor J. Zolfo .... lead man
Gregory P. Alcus .... set dresser (uncredited)
Tommy Ardolino .... archivist (uncredited)
Brent W. Bell .... propmaker (uncredited)
Lilly Frank .... props (uncredited)
Brian Hanish .... set electronics (uncredited)
J. Bryan Holloway .... sculptor (uncredited)
Curt La Furney .... set electronics: Neotek (uncredited)
Thierry Labbe .... set dresser (uncredited)
Allen Lafferty .... propmaker (uncredited)
Scott Lafferty .... carpenter (uncredited)
Michelle Millay .... sculptor (uncredited)
Jon P. Mooers .... set dresser (uncredited)
Jacques Rey .... illustrator (uncredited)
Richard Reynolds .... set designer (uncredited)
Francis J. Roix .... carpenter (uncredited)
Jeffrey Rollins .... property assistant: New York (uncredited)
Sean Skelding .... set dressing (uncredited)
Lansing L. Smith .... key set dresser (uncredited)
Kurt Verbaarschott .... leadman (uncredited)
Kathleen Walker .... construction estimator (uncredited)
Craig Zumbroegel .... propmaker (uncredited)

You're not listed.

EDIT:

NY Times FULL PRODUCTION CREDITS FOR INDEPENDENCE DAY:
http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/136197/Independence-Day/credits

You're not listed.

FRAUD

Last edited:
yeah, don't mind the detractors, internet is what it is Rob

you know, i realy don't know jack about art

seems to me it's sort of a living thing one can jive with or not

my personal view is often 'Gee, how'd s/he DO that' , which is more a nod to the technical aspect

~S~

Excellent retort and strangley I could have written your post. You are correct. I am the same way. When I started to get good at it, it was because I did what you posted--I started looking at the technical points in the real world and then started practicing to see if I could make it look that way in oils. (digital was in its infancy then and this was digital and oil combined on seriograph card.).

I started to understand what you eloquently pointed out in your post here quoted, with this one:

249329_225232584178730_100000759716724_570446_1658338_n.jpg

At this point, I began to get it and understand how to make us see what is real. It was the technical side of it whereby I started making breakthroughs.

Look close and you can see the tiny brush strokes and cheats and tricks to make it look this way when reduced in size, then shot again in digital on my Mac at the time.

Thank you for your words,

Robert

my personal view is often 'Gee, how'd s/he DO that' , which is more a nod to the technical aspect

~S~

Sparky, do you not get it? This guy is posting a picture taken by a photographer from the Orlando Sentinel and claiming it as a painting he did. He's a liar and a fraud. Don't fall for it.

~S~

Sparky, do you not get it? This guy is posting a picture taken by a photographer from the Orlando Sentinel and claiming it as a painting he did. He's a liar and a fraud. Don't fall for it.

You had better prove that statement. You are a pathological liar, it still resides on my latest mac's HD. Careful fucker. You are on the ignore list asshole like Conservative but wanted to see what you and the other fixated liars and gay freaks had posted. And you have lied pathologically.

Do you understand how this is a felony?

This is a digital painting I did for the first movie and it was just a piece of part, no purpose, but fun to do in photo real.

283192_222578341110821_100000759716724_562249_6106946_n.jpg

"Alien", in the collection of Twentieth Century Fox, 1993-1999, All Rights Reserved.

Robert

284785_224464637588858_100000759716724_568628_2127093_n.jpg

"Marooned", oil on panel, 14"x28", in the collection of Fairchild Republic, by Robert A.M. Stephens, Copyright 1994, All Rights Reserved.

A painting of a common scene during the marauder and pirate days of the 15,16,1700s. A man left behind....

Robert

262873_225231564178832_100000759716724_570440_594682_n.jpg

"Parallax", oil on panel, 23"x40", in the collection of NASA, JPL-Jet Propulsion Lab, All rights Reserved, Copyright 1999.

I'm not certain why, but this was a very fun painting to do and one of my favorites among this genere' of works I've done on this topic.

Robert

34316_128371367198186_100000759716724_135682_3462048_n.jpg

"Transitions", oil on panel, 36"x62", In the Collection of the National Geographic Society, All Rights Reserved. Robert A.M. Stephens is a registered trademark.

One of my most iconic paintings I've done, in the Bitterroot Valley, Montana, my home place, once upon a time.........

Robert

What's worse is that our tax money is probably funding that shit through that colossal waste of tax payer dollars called the National Endowment for the Arts

Yeah, because most artists get NEA grants, so we can just assume it.

In fact - everything we see that we don't like - we should just assume its the liberals fault.

Last edited:
I find it slightly annoying that people support the idea that government encourage science but NOT art.

OTOH, much of what governments buy as art is, in my opinionnothing more than PORK by another name, too.

Some of you know that I develop educational websites professionally.

My largest competitor was funded by the National Science Foundation to the tune of $4.4 million.

Basically they paid $4.4 million to build a site to compete with my site (well compete is really the wrong word, but it's the only word I can think of) that was originally built for about $50,000.

Mine is a far better site (in my biased opinion) .

So where did all that money really go?

PORK.

Last edited:

~S~

You had better prove that statement. You are a pathological liar, it still resides on my latest mac's HD. Careful fucker. You are on the ignore list asshole like Conservative but wanted to see what you and the other fixated liars and gay freaks had posted. And you have lied pathologically.

Scroll up a few posts, dick-breath. He and I BOTH proved it (posts 53 & 57 respectively), with a side by side of the Huber photo and 'your' painting. They are 100% identical, as anyone can see. You've been reported to the site, and to the Sentinel.

Fraud.

Every time you know you've been caught, you start cursing and claiming we are on ignore... yet you continually respond. What a fucking loon you are :rofl:

Oh, it's a felony to point out that you're a proven liar, fraud and copyright thief? :rofl:

Last edited:

~S~

Prove it? Are you a moron? Never mind, we know the answer to that already. Scroll up to post 52. You sir.....and I use the term loosly......are the pathological liar. That is NOT a painting you did. It is a copyrighted photgraph taken by Red Huber of the Orlando Sentinel that you copied from the internet and then posted here claiming you painted it. You need serious help, because you've been lying like this on the internet for at least a decade. You've been reported.

Prove it? Are you a moron? Never mind, we know the answer to that already. Scroll up to post 52. You sir.....and I use the term loosly......are the pathological liar. That is NOT a painting you did. It is a copyrighted photgraph taken by Red Huber of the Orlando Sentinel that you copied from the internet and then posted here claiming you painted it. You need serious help, because you've been lying like this on the internet for at least a decade. You've been reported.

Check out his whine in the Obama lied to NASA thread in POLITICS... His big answer to being proven a fraud? He calls me gay! :rofl:

Oh, and apparently all the girls on this site have told him I'm gay, or some such nonsense :rofl:

284785_224464637588858_100000759716724_568628_2127093_n.jpg

"Marooned", oil on panel, 14"x28", in the collection of Fairchild Republic, by Robert A.M. Stephens, Copyright 1994, All Rights Reserved.

A painting of a common scene during the marauder and pirate days of the 15,16,1700s. A man left behind....

Robert

There is no Fairchild Republic collection. There IS a Fairchild Republic A-10 Warthog aircraft. You're pathological.

You know....I'm starting to get a little pissed.
I make a thread regarding "silly art".......and it was just plain crazy off the wall not real elaborate art....and people managed to get into fussing matches and shit over other art.
I swear, some fuckers will always find a way to fuss with another......*sigh*

Oh well........who am I to complain....people like to fucking fight it seems!.....carry on~

Artists have always relied on patrons. Popes, Kings, and governments. I hope that art is always accessible to the many, not just those with means.

Those who do not appreciate great art are living a shadow existence. There's more to life than what we, ourselves can produce.

And, to quote Beverly Sills, art is the signature of a civilization.

Artists who produce "great art" don't need government money because "great art" sells.

Usually not until after the artist is long dead. Almost by definition art cannot be considered "great art" until the artist is dead.

And if you want proof that sales does not imply "great art" just listen to the billboard top 10.

And anyone can see all the art they want in a museum and museums can be privately run.

Everything can be privately run, that doesn't mean it will or should.

There are a small handful of nations that do not fund science or the arts, I would suggest looking into them as a place of permanent residence, because here that's just not going to change.

Last edited:
50533268.jpg

pretty good....

1st impression is, how does one 'paint' fire....?

~S~

Good question and it was the hardest for me to learn. So, I went back to the old school color of Flake white. Not titanium or the other "weak" whites but good 'ol Flake. So much lead, but, it does tint hot, glaring, opaque white.

Then, you trick the eye away from the light source, in this case the SRB exhaust, then darken down from there outward or away from the subject light source. In this painting it worked well and was able to pull it it off as intended.

Thank you for your compliment.

Robert

Robert are you as pissed as most of my fine art buddies about the environmental laws how governing oil paint?

One my chums (this would be about 15 years ago or so) damned near went broke stocking up on lead based oil paint (white of course) precisely because the GREENIAC's nontoxic oil paint wasn't worth a shit far as he was concerned.

Forum List

Back