These Blue States Have Tried the Elizabeth Warren Model. Their Residents Are Fleeing.

What Moore ALSO fails to state, is that the states with the increase in population, are almost exactly the same states that had incurred a huge amount of immigrants from South and central American.....

Further, Moore fails to state that the same "phenomenon" as outsourcing to foreign countries where there is cheaper (and slum) labor, is happening in those blue states where basically "tax avoidance" businesses relocate to states where labor is cheap...where there are less environmental enforcement, and where right wing governors are "giving away the store" in tax breaks and depreciation schedules.
Yeah, the economic boon that was supposed to happen in Alabama when Honda put a plant there never happened. I watched it all unfold first-hand. Most of their "employees" work through a temp agency and get no benefits and shit wages, the company pays practically nothing in state taxes and the inflow of revenue and the rise in general economic prosperity never materialized.
You lying mother fucker, my company makes a bunch of plastic parts for honda and so dofus what jobs would be there if honda Didn't build the plant ?

What Moore ALSO fails to state, is that the states with the increase in population, are almost exactly the same states that had incurred a huge amount of immigrants from South and central American.....

Further, Moore fails to state that the same "phenomenon" as outsourcing to foreign countries where there is cheaper (and slum) labor, is happening in those blue states where basically "tax avoidance" businesses relocate to states where labor is cheap...where there are less environmental enforcement, and where right wing governors are "giving away the store" in tax breaks and depreciation schedules.
Yeah, the economic boon that was supposed to happen in Alabama when Honda put a plant there never happened. I watched it all unfold first-hand. Most of their "employees" work through a temp agency and get no benefits and shit wages, the company pays practically nothing in state taxes and the inflow of revenue and the rise in general economic prosperity never materialized.
You lying mother fucker, my company makes a bunch of plastic parts for honda and so dofus what jobs would be there if honda Didn't build the plant ?
Lord knows what would be there but it would be there for the same reason plants go to China, cheap, desperate workers who will tolerate an amazing amount of bullshit to keep food on the table. I was born there but left for greener pastures. BTW, Lincoln Alabama, the home of the Honda plant, looks run down and neglected as I speed through there going to places where people actually make decent wages and work for nice people.

Last edited:
It's amazing how many liberals think that if they ignore the statements of fact in an article, everyone else will ignore them too, and believe the liberals. After years of liberal lies flooding the airwaves, these strange people remain steadfastly convinced that anybody still believes them any more.
OK since you do not get it I will offer a counter-example:
TRANSLATION: I'm still trying as hard as I can to ignore the facts in the OP.

All of Rockefeller's savings benefited the consumer, as his low prices made kerosene readily available to Americans. Indeed, in the 1870s kerosene replaced whale oil as the primary source of fuel for light in America. It might seem trivial today, but this revolutionized the American way of life; as Burton Folsom writes, "Working and reading became after-dark activities new to most Americans in the 1870s."[30] In addition, by stimulating the demand for kerosene and other products, Rockefeller also created thousands upon thousands of new jobs in the oil and related industries.
Rockefeller was extremely generous with his employees, usually paying them significantly more than the competition did. Consequently, he was rarely slowed down by strikes or labor disputes. He also believed in rewarding his most innovative managers with bonuses and paid time off if they came up with good ideas for productivity improvements, a simple lesson that many modern corporations seem never to have learned.
John D Rockefeller, hero of the working class, you people are sick.
TRANSLATION: I can't refute any of that. But I hate it so much, I'm going to completely ignore it, and call you names instead.

The median household income in NY state is 58,000. The median household income in Mississippi, the most conservative state in the Union,

is 39,000.

Look at the cost of living in NY vs Mississippi. You need twice as much in NY just to rent a tiny apartment.
The cost of living in NYC is because it's a popular place for successful people to live and work .. Mississippi, not so much.

Lol. Yes we have a $9+ minimum wage, and Bill Gates. So your point is proven... :rolleyes:

Economic plans rooted in envy fail.
Hogwash, the sort of trickle up economics conservatives hate has done more to raise the basic standard of living than any of their favored supply-side bullshit.
How has the standard of living faired over the last 8 years, Bozo?
8 years? My what short memories you people have. You probably think the economy was perfect before Obama.
Deflection.
Is the standard of living higher or lower since Obama took power 8 years ago?

If the writer of this article wanted to show a cause and effect dynamic he failed miserably.
TRANSLATION: I can't refute any of it.
There's nothing concrete in that article to refute.
Ah, that publick skool eddicashun comes through again.

It's amazing how many liberals think that if they ignore the statements of fact in an article, everyone else will ignore them too, and believe the liberals.

After years of liberal lies flooding the airwaves, these strange people remain steadfastly convinced that anybody still believes them any more.
OK since you do not get it I will offer a counter-example:

Alabama and Mississippi are shitholes of poverty and ignorance, see, proof that conservative economics does not work.

Now if I had made an attempt to illustrate exactly how those policies result in such misery there would be some substance there to argue against, otherwise it is just the baseless opinion of a person with a partisan agenda.
Alabama's rate of growth last quarter was greater than New York's, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.
Blew that out of the water.

More failed liberal policies. They just can't look ahead and understand what the final result will be. They try the same shit over and over and it never works. If there is ever to be a liberal utopia, it will require mind-number sheeple doing exactly as they are told.

"Ohio University economist Richard Vedder and I compared the income gap in states with higher tax rates, higher minimum wages and more welfare benefits with states on the other side of the policy spectrum. There was no evidence that states with these liberal policies had helped the poor much and, in many cases, these states recorded more income inequality than other states as measured by the left’s favorite statistic called the Gini Coefficient.

The 19 states with minimum wages above the $7.25 per hour federal minimum do not have lower income inequality. States with a super minimum wage—such as Connecticut ($9.15), California ($9.00), New York ($8.75), and Vermont ($9.15)—have significantly wider gaps between rich and poor than states without a super minimum wage.

States are supposed to be laboratories of democracy, right? These laboratories are providing us with concrete evidence that Robin Hood policies don’t help make the poor richer, they make most people poorer. In other words, the blue states have tried the Elizabeth Warren "progressive" agenda and people are voting with their feet by fleeing in droves. The kinds of income redistribution policies that Warren and others endorse can only work by building a Berlin Wall so no one can leave—though I hope I’m not giving them any ideas."

http://dailysignal.com/2015/04/19/these-blue-states-have-tried-the-elizabeth-warren-model-their-residents-are-fleeing/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=thffacebook

The median household income in NY state is 58,000. The median household income in Mississippi, the most conservative state in the Union,

is 39,000.
Typical low information shithead picking one factoid as a stand in for any rational argument.
Hey, so what?

So states that lost population really had South Americans going back home? Or was it Canada?
Libs are so easy to refute.

Thats why no one wanted to work there, right?
Libs are so stupid.

Lord knows what would be there but it would be there for the same reason plants go to China, cheap, desperate workers who will tolerate an amazing amount of bullshit to keep food on the table. I was born there but left for greener pastures. BTW, Lincoln Alabama, the home of the Honda plant, looks run down and neglected as I speed through there going to places where people actually make decent wages and work for nice people.
Like Detroit and Memphis.

More failed liberal policies. They just can't look ahead and understand what the final result will be. They try the same shit over and over and it never works. If there is ever to be a liberal utopia, it will require mind-number sheeple doing exactly as they are told.

"Ohio University economist Richard Vedder and I compared the income gap in states with higher tax rates, higher minimum wages and more welfare benefits with states on the other side of the policy spectrum. There was no evidence that states with these liberal policies had helped the poor much and, in many cases, these states recorded more income inequality than other states as measured by the left’s favorite statistic called the Gini Coefficient.

The 19 states with minimum wages above the $7.25 per hour federal minimum do not have lower income inequality. States with a super minimum wage—such as Connecticut ($9.15), California ($9.00), New York ($8.75), and Vermont ($9.15)—have significantly wider gaps between rich and poor than states without a super minimum wage.

States are supposed to be laboratories of democracy, right? These laboratories are providing us with concrete evidence that Robin Hood policies don’t help make the poor richer, they make most people poorer. In other words, the blue states have tried the Elizabeth Warren "progressive" agenda and people are voting with their feet by fleeing in droves. The kinds of income redistribution policies that Warren and others endorse can only work by building a Berlin Wall so no one can leave—though I hope I’m not giving them any ideas."

http://dailysignal.com/2015/04/19/these-blue-states-have-tried-the-elizabeth-warren-model-their-residents-are-fleeing/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=thffacebook

is 39,000.
Typical low information shithead picking one factoid as a stand in for any rational argument.
Hey, so what?

Where's the rational argument in the OP?

You do realize that Standard Oil elevated the lives of poor people in this country by making energy available to them...right?Lights at night were no longer just a rich man's pleasure......

You do realize that Standard Oil gave us Ethyl leaded gasoline. Do you know what lead does to a human mind?
You should. I think you ate lead paint when you were a kid. Or maybe even now you eat lead paint. Something has made you a crazy person. I say that because Standard Oil was an OIL company. Not an electric company.
See what I mean about eating lead?

is 39,000.

Do we want to compare the median housing cost, rent cost, food cost and all other costs between the states?

I make $110k a year in NYC and I am basically in the middle of the income spectrum. In Mississippi I would have a house the size of a small park in Manhattan.

Ohno, you think kerosene was the light of the world eh? That's the "light" Standard Oil gave Americans eh?
Who gave those poor people candles before kerosene?

I make $110k a year in NYC and I am basically in the middle of the income spectrum. In Mississippi I would have a house the size of a small park in Manhattan.

You think someone in Mississippi will pay you 110K? If so, why haven't you moved there. I would be thinking that the uneducated red necks in Mississippi would be more your style of people. Why haven;t you moved from that terrible liberal state of NY? Just curious.

You think someone in Mississippi will pay you 110K? If so, why haven't you moved there. I would be thinking that the uneducated red necks in Mississippi would be more your style of people. Why haven;t you moved from that terrible liberal state of NY? Just curious.

I haven't moved because I have family here, and my fiance has family here, and said family doesn't want to move.

My point was people in NY make more not because of any affluence, but because it costs more to live here, be it rent/mortgage/food/transportation, etc. So pointing out people in NY make more than people in Mississippi is just as pointless as me saying I could live like a king down there, although I probably could, because Engineers get paid well wherever they live.

I haven't moved because I have family here, and my fiance has family here, and said family doesn't want to move.

My point was people in NY make more not because of any affluence, but because it costs more to live here, be it rent/mortgage/food/transportation, etc. So pointing out people in NY make more than people in Mississippi is just as pointless as me saying I could live like a king down there, although I probably could, because Engineers get paid well wherever they live.
You do not want to live in Mississippi under any circumstances.

Forum List

Back