What does the bible say against pedophilia?

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
This is a strange question, I know...
I'm having trouble finding any passages in the bible that outright condemn pedophilia, yet we all know that it is abhorrent behavior and wish for it to be stopped. If you believe the bible to be the source of mankind's morals, then how did we develop morals against pedophilia?

Just because the bible doesn't condem something, doesn't mean its ok. You were created in Gods likeness, therefore you have the ability to reason.
Would murder be ok if it wasn't in the bible? No.
Insider trading is immoral and illegal, but doesn't show up in the bible.
Homosexual ties are the same stuff...

This is a strange question, I know...
I'm having trouble finding any passages in the bible that outright condemn pedophilia, yet we all know that it is abhorrent behavior and wish for it to be stopped. If you believe the bible to be the source of mankind's morals, then how did we develop morals against pedophilia?
Hmmmmmm..... that's funny in a way. Christians are commanded to hate teh ghey's, but I guess they're allowed to take whatever stance they want regarding pedophilia? :dunno:

That's weird :cuckoo:

Pedophilia is a modern concept, there is no reason for it to be there. In those days it was so ubiquitous as to go unnoticed. Just like infant abandonment, which was very common, and only mentioned in a positive light in the story of Moses.

Forum List

Back