Marco Rubio: Being Gay Is Not A Choice

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said on Sunday that he didn't think being gay was a choice but rather the way some people were born.

"I also don't believe that your sexual preferences are a choice for the vast and enormous majority of people," he said. "In fact, the bottom line is I believe sexual preference is something that people are born with."

Last week, Rubio also said that he would attend a gay wedding of a loved one, even if he disagreed with the "choice" that loved one had made.

“I’m not going to hurt them simply because I disagree with a choice they’ve made or because I disagree with a decision they’ve made, or whatever it may be,” Rubio said. “Ultimately, if someone that you care for and is part of your family has decided to move in one direction or another or feels that way because of who they love, you respect that because you love them.”

Does Rubio ever take a definitive position on anything? Unless I'm misreading the above - it sounds like he's waffling on whether being gay is a choice. He can't have it both ways.

Lost my vote. I don't want a wetback President anyway.

So, no one cares to address whether Rubio is equivocating? Fine, just let me think I'm going senile.

You almost gotta laugh. Hillary is immune from leading questions by the media so republicans have to take up the slack. If Rubio said sodomy was a choice the radical left would have gone crazy. It was a pointed question designed to elicit a negative response that the sissies could jump on but Rubio's tolerant answer apparently annoys lefties anyway. It's a non issue but it's an example of media bias and the anger on the left that never gives republicans a break.

You almost gotta laugh. Hillary is immune from leading questions by the media so republicans have to take up the slack. If Rubio said sodomy was a choice the radical left would have gone crazy. It was a pointed question designed to elicit a negative response that the sissies could jump on but Rubio's tolerant answer apparently annoys lefties anyway. It's a non issue but it's an example of media bias and the anger on the left that never gives republicans a break.
Has Clinton addressed the issue? If so, how is it a mass conspiracy? Your victimization is pathetic. You give true conservatives a bad name with all of the teaper whining.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said on Sunday that he didn't think being gay was a choice but rather the way some people were born.

"I also don't believe that your sexual preferences are a choice for the vast and enormous majority of people," he said. "In fact, the bottom line is I believe sexual preference is something that people are born with."

Last week, Rubio also said that he would attend a gay wedding of a loved one, even if he disagreed with the "choice" that loved one had made.

“I’m not going to hurt them simply because I disagree with a choice they’ve made or because I disagree with a decision they’ve made, or whatever it may be,” Rubio said. “Ultimately, if someone that you care for and is part of your family has decided to move in one direction or another or feels that way because of who they love, you respect that because you love them.”

Does Rubio ever take a definitive position on anything? Unless I'm misreading the above - it sounds like he's waffling on whether being gay is a choice. He can't have it both ways.

Not waffling at all. Clearly he's positioning to team up with Lindsey Graham.

Good, hope to see you all in line to vote for him

whoopee homosexual homosexual

that is the NUMBER one priority on the majority of the people minds. hell with jobs, the economy, Illegal immigrants FLOODING over our borders sucking up our resources that is for the CITIZEN of this country

and if he had said it was a CHOICE

they would be blowing this board up with their self righteousness and bullying

they are so two faced transparent people

I believe it's a choice. if people were born that way, why is only 5% of the population in this country

anyway a lot of them are BI-sexual so you're going to tell us they were born to like them some putang and peckers both?

anyway WHO GIVES shit

I'm otta here:ack-1:

I believe it's a choice. if people were born that way, why is only 5% of the population in this country

anyway a lot of them are BI-sexual so your going to tell us they were born to like them some putang and peckers?

anyway WHO GIVES shit

I'm otta here:ack-1:
I don't choose to find myself sexually attracted to men, as a man.

Forum List

Back