These Americans need AR-15s...as do any Americans who want them...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
American Ranchers on the border are often a long way away from police help....and they often run into drug and human smugglers...who do not play nice and tend to rape and chop off the heads of people they disagree with....

An AR-15 is a weapon they may need to survive the encounter...especially since the cartels often have actual millitary grade weapons....stolen or provided by the Mexican government and it's agents...

Arizona ranchers given police radios to protect against drug smugglers

American Ranchers on the border are often a long way away from police help....and they often run into drug and human smugglers...who do not play nice and tend to rape and chop off the heads of people they disagree with....

An AR-15 is a weapon they may need to survive the encounter...especially since the cartels often have actual millitary grade weapons....stolen or provided by the Mexican government and it's agents...

....and the U.S. with Fast and Furious....

agree with the title , any American that wants an AR has the RIGHT to have one . And I add that every American has the RIGHT to the standard weapons of an American combat soldier .

You gonna send ranchers out to fight real bad asses with a puny ass little rabbit shooting AR 15? Don't you know those ARs are kids guns. Real men wouldn't be caught dead with an AR.

Send those ranchers out with a real military grade weapon; AK 47. In any configuration.

I find the AR-15 to be a clumsy little gun, not something I would want in that kind of situation. An M1 Garrand would be my choice.

I'd say the M1A is far superior to the AR in the situation described in the OP. The only real advantage an AR has is that it is light and you can carry more ammo. Neither would seem to be a big issue for a rancher.

AK-47........shoot both an AR and AK. I agree with Rocks........feels flimsy to me. And with an AK, you can cycle a ham and cheese sandwich so what more do you want. Not as accurate but the 7.62 39 is a badass round.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

You gonna send ranchers out to fight real bad asses with a puny ass little rabbit shooting AR 15? Don't you know those ARs are kids guns. Real men wouldn't be caught dead with an AR.

Send those ranchers out with a real military grade weapon; AK 47. In any configuration.
Do you know what makes for a "real military grade weapon"? Most likely not. Dumbass
Lol

I have three AR platforms now, each of which serves a different purpose:
  • A short barrel tactical set up in .223 for home defense (no scope, flashlight attached, etc);
  • A precision, long range .223 with a nice glass for varmints up to 200 yards or so (beyond that, I go to a 22-250);
  • A crude but effective set up in .308 for hogs.

Any would do the trick on invaders!

It was called "Operation Wide Receiver" and started under George W. Bush.

No...ranchers will not be going out to fight drug cartels...but if they are attacked on their own property, their ranch, and the police are an hour away, they will need more than a revolver to survive....

They AR-15 has advantages...it is lighter and easier to shoot and can be customized very easily...

It was called "Operation Wide Receiver" and started under George W. Bush.

Wrong..you are either lying or ignorant...Wide Reciever was stopped because they couldn't keep track of the guns...it also had the cooperation of the Mexican government...

Fast and furious was a secret program that did not have any coordination with Mexican law enforcement and there was absolutely no attempt to keep track of any of the weapons...the whole point being to get American guns showing up in Mexican crime scenes so they could restart the gun control push...and then they were caught doing it...

i don't argue your OPINION on the AR but it is your OPINION. Myself , i like the .308 in different rifles but the usual semi auto AR being a standard USA military caliber is fine , in my OPINION Wilbur . [except for burst capability]

Forum List

Back