There's that secession crap again

Next if czars are Constitutional where are the checks and balances? They answer to no one but obama. They can do as they wish with no oversight. So where is the Constitutionality?

Ummm... the "Czars" you speak of are just civilian advisors maintained by the President... They're neither elected nor appointed in an official capacity (the way a judge is, e.g.)... They have no real authority. They're not actual "Czars" in the literal sense. They're more like research experts.

The only reason the right has started this shit-fit about the "Czars" is because the word "Czar" sounds, well, kinda Commie to a lot of Americans, and throwing you guys into a fervor has more or less been their whole playbook as of late.

Incorrect, but a nice attempt to spin. The so called czars are far more than advisers, they are placed over entire sections of the government, and in fact private industries in some cases and given HUGE staffs and budgets to work with.

Next if czars are Constitutional where are the checks and balances? They answer to no one but obama. They can do as they wish with no oversight. So where is the Constitutionality?

Ummm... the "Czars" you speak of are just civilian advisors maintained by the President... They're neither elected nor appointed in an official capacity (the way a judge is, e.g.)... They have no real authority. They're not actual "Czars" in the literal sense. They're more like research experts.

The only reason the right has started this shit-fit about the "Czars" is because the word "Czar" sounds, well, kinda Commie to a lot of Americans, and throwing you guys into a fervor has more or less been their whole playbook as of late.

Incorrect, but a nice attempt to spin. The so called czars are far more than advisers, they are placed over entire sections of the government, and in fact private industries in some cases and given HUGE staffs and budgets to work with.

This is provably incorrect. Please cite a current "czar" that is anything other than a cabinet member or an advisor. Specifically, I'd love to know which "entire sections of the government" are being controlled by a single "czar".

This is provably incorrect. Please cite a current "czar" that is anything other than a cabinet member or an advisor. Specifically, I'd love to know which "entire sections of the government" are being controlled by a single "czar".

That is an ease one

Obama's choice of Blair as intelligence czar covers bases - USATODAY.com

Oh and PS - Cabinet members aren't "czars"

And what does Nazi stand for? Not one damn thing has obama done which is Constitutional.
Are 36 czar's Constitutional?
Is dropping the ball on immigration Constitutional?
Not sure as to the percentage but takeover of a large portion of the private sectors not Constitutional.
Forcing someone to buy something they do not want nor need is not constitutional.
Not closing the borders when the swine flu came from Mexico is not protecting the people which was also un-Constitutional.
You are dumber then dirt, if you disagree.

Bigreb

I understand you are a lightweight on this board so I will take it easy on you. You spout rightwing talking points without having a clue what their background or implications are.

Yes 36 czars are Constitutional. The President has the right to hire whatever advisors he wants. Czars have been inplace since Nixon. Since I know you are a little slow, They are not REAL CZARS, czar is a ceremonial title...it does not have Constitutional powers

Immigration is a Federal Power. It is up to the federal government to protect our borders against attack. Problem is we are not being attacked, we are being infiltrated. It has been going on for 150 years and has been ignored by Dems and Republicans alike. Want to know why everyone talks about it and nobody does anything? We make too much fucking money off of illegal labor

We have not taken over a large sector of private industry. It is a miniscule percentage of the total private workforce. These companies were not taken over, they came to the taxpayer for help and we demanded concessions for that help

If you think the healthcare plan is unconstitutional, the courts will decide. The bill went through bipartisan congressional review and passed muster. You are being forced to have coverage because the alternative is the taxpayer has to cover you if you show up in an emergency room. And I think protecting the taxpayer is Constitutional

Swine flu? Grow up

lol Light weight you aren't even in thew same league with me busher, as in the bush league of baseball.

Let's start with the last one.
Swine flu
obama was quoted saying
“It would be akin to closing the barn door after the horses are out, because we already have cases here, in the United States.”
Sure let people come here and spread it a little more.

Next Immigration
We aren't being attacked? Tell that to the LEO'S at the border who have been killed by Mexican cartels, tell that to the residents of border towns that has lost a family member to the drug lords of Mexico. I am sure it will go a long way with them.

Next take over of private sector
Banking
Auto
Healthcare
These three the government controls
What else is left that will directly affect the American public
Energy.
This one obama and the democrats are pushing for.

Next Healthcare
"The bill went through bipartisan congressional review and passed muster." WHAT? omg ONE REPUBLICAN VOTES TO SENND THE BILL TO CONGRESS TO VOTE NON IT AND IT'S BIPARTISAN S peechless.

Reb

I am glad you participate on this board, because over time you will learn things. In the interim, you are floundering. Your understanding of government, history and politics is minimal and unfortunately you show in post after post

Closing the border to fight swine flu, no matter how stupid and innefective that would be is not a Constitutional violation

Czars are advisors and have powers within the Executive Branch but no legislative powers.As a member of the Executive Pranch, their power comed through the president. The checks and balances are still in effect with Congress and the Judicial Branch

The Government has not taken over a single sector of industry. Certain banks who accepted TARP money had controls placed on them, GM and Chrysler had to accept Government oversight as a condition of accepting taxpayer money. Let me explain something about nationilization. Governments that nationalize industries take over industries that are making money not industries that are failing

Once again you demonstrate your ignorance of the Congressional process. If you were on the board at the time, you would have known it. Before the Healthcare Bill was signed it had to pass Constitutional review by a bipartisan committee. The Committee sent it back for a minor issue but did not deem mandatory coverage to be unconstitutional

They have no real autority? You are full of shit. The pay Czar Feinberg is just for starters.
What is his expertize.

Reb

I am glad you participate on this board, because over time you will learn things. In the interim, you are floundering. Your understanding of government, history and politics is minimal and unfortunately you show in post after post
I am saying the same about you, and have proven you wrong all you have done is make comments like this saying I don't know what I am talking about and proving I don't know what I am talking about are two different things all together, you have yet to prove I don't know what I am talking about.

Closing the border to fight swine flu, no matter how stupid and innefective that would be is not a Constitutional violation
So you say it would be stupid to close the borders? Well tell why does the government shut things down within America when an outbreak happens but fails to shut down the border to keep more sickness coming in?

Czars are advisors and have powers within the Executive Branch but no legislative powers.As a member of the Executive Pranch, their power comed through the president. The checks and balances are still in effect with Congress and the Judicial Branch
The pay czar has the authority to regulat how much a CEO makes and it doesn't matter if that company or bank took any funds from the government or not. There are no checks and balances with congress. oibama has told them they do not answer to congress
Senior Democrat Says Obama’s Czars Unconstitutional

The Government has not taken over a single sector of industry. Certain banks who accepted TARP money had controls placed on them, GM and Chrysler had to accept Government oversight as a condition of accepting taxpayer money. Let me explain something about nationilization. Governments that nationalize industries take over industries that are making money not industries that are failing
If there is a czar in any industry then the government has taken control of said industry.

Once again you demonstrate your ignorance of the Congressional process. If you were on the board at the time, you would have known it. Before the Healthcare Bill was signed it had to pass Constitutional review by a bipartisan committee. The Committee sent it back for a minor issue but did not deem mandatory coverage to be unconstitutional
Explian how one vote from a New England Republican Snow is BIPARTISAN talking about someone streching the truth a little to much. I guess you are next going to say bribery isn't illegal.

Almost forgot you failed to defend your point about we are not being attacked in the border areas. are you back tracking now?.

Last edited:

The Director of National Intelligence is a position created by Congress and Blair was confirmed by the Senate.

They have no real autority? You are full of shit. The pay Czar Feinberg is just for starters.

That authority was granted to the bureaucracy by Congress in Section 111 of the TARP legislation:

(1) In general.--Where the Secretary determines that the purposes of this Act are best met through direct purchases of troubled assets from an individual financial institution where no bidding process or market prices are available, and the Secretary receives a meaningful equity or debt position in the financial institution as a result of the transaction, the Secretary shall require that the financial institution meet appropriate standards for executive compensation and corporate governance. The standards required under this subsection shall be effective for the duration of the period that the Secretary holds an equity or debt position in the financial institution.​

The Secretary--in this case, Geithner--was given broad authority to administer the executive compensation provisions of the law. Geithner delegated that authority by appointing Feinberg Special Master for TARP Executive Compensation. All of this in accordance with Article II Section 2.

Reb

I am saying the same about you, and have proven you wrong all you have done is make comments like this saying I don't know what I am talking about and proving I don't know what I am talking about are two different things all together, you have yet to prove I don't know what I am talking about.

So you say it would be stupid to close the borders? Well tell why does the government shut things down within America when an outbreak happens but fails to shut down the border to keep more sickness coming in?

The pay czar has the authority to regulat how much a CEO makes and it doesn't matter if that company or bank took any funds from the government or not. There are no checks and balances with congress. oibama has told them they do not answer to congress

If there is a czar in any industry then the government has taken control of said industry.

Explian how one vote from a New England Republican Snow is BIPARTISAN talking about someone streching the truth a little to much. I guess you are next going to say bribery isn't illegal.

Almost forgot you failed to defend your point about we are not being attacked in the border areas. are you back tracking now?.

Reb

The problem with the extremist conservative element is that you embrace the Constitution as your Bible yet have no concept of what it means. Constitutional law is a complex issue requiring an understanding of the nuances of the Constitution along with legal precidence of subsequent court findings

Your interpretation that because Obama did not seal the borders in response to a potential Swine flu epidemic demonstrates your simplistic view that any policy you disagree with must be un-constitutional. That is a reason your perception of the Republican Party is viewed as a lunatic fringe element.

Czars is a title used since Nixon to describe Department heads who have been given a specific national issue to resolve. They can be named Associate Deputy Undersecretary for Fixing Stuff and they would still be completely Constitutional. They are part of the Executive Branch and report to the President. The President has the Constitutional Power to accept or reject their recommendation

Putting text in large font does not make your point any more relevant. It does, once again, demonstrate that you lack an understanding of the issue and substitute SHOUTING for substance. What I posted had nothing to do with the ultimate vote on the bill and everything to do with Bipartisan Constitutional review the bill went through before it was passed

My post
If you think the healthcare plan is unconstitutional, the courts will decide. The bill went through bipartisan congressional review and passed muster. You are being forced to have coverage because the alternative is the taxpayer has to cover you if you show up in an emergency room. And I think protecting the taxpayer is Constitutional

Last edited:
The problem with the extremist conservative element is that you embrace the Constitution as your Bible yet have no concept of what it means.

ROFLMAO!!! Funniest damn thing you've said in weeks because the sheer egotism of it goes unnoticed by your kind. You call someone who wishes to maintain the rules of governance of this nation to what was originally intended as extreme? My God! You've fallen so far away from rationality or moderate thought you don't even recognize it when you see it. How you must hate the freedom the founding fathers guaranteed us in that document. Just wow.

Your interpretation that because Obama did not seal the borders in response to a potential Swine flu epidemic demonstrates your simplistic view that any policy you disagree with must be un-constitutional. That is a reason your perception of the Republican Party is viewed as a lunatic fringe element.

Rules for Radicals strikes again. Smear the opponent in an attempt to make them look extreme and unreasonable. Then by comparison your suggestions appear moderate and rational when they are not.

Czars is a title used since Nixon to describe Department heads who have been given a specific national issue to resolve.

And a great spot of plausible deniability for the president if they fuck up carrying out their orders. Czars should be banned or confirmed by the senate regardless of their name. Checks and balances. Too many radical nutjobs gain too much political power this way.

Conhog wants blacks who would like their own national anthem to go back to Africa. If you are friends with a racist like that then I can give two fucks what you think.

I would like to see that proof too. Particularly anything that shows that today's czar's are any more powerful than the first government czars appointed under Reagan.

The Director of National Intelligence is a position created by Congress and Blair was confirmed by the Senate.

That authority was granted to the bureaucracy by Congress in Section 111 of the TARP legislation:

(1) In general.--Where the Secretary determines that the purposes of this Act are best met through direct purchases of troubled assets from an individual financial institution where no bidding process or market prices are available, and the Secretary receives a meaningful equity or debt position in the financial institution as a result of the transaction, the Secretary shall require that the financial institution meet appropriate standards for executive compensation and corporate governance. The standards required under this subsection shall be effective for the duration of the period that the Secretary holds an equity or debt position in the financial institution.​

The Secretary--in this case, Geithner--was given broad authority to administer the executive compensation provisions of the law. Geithner delegated that authority by appointing Feinberg Special Master for TARP Executive Compensation. All of this in accordance with Article II Section 2.

So who does he answer to it isn't the congress. He has no checks and balences. He has no authority over any busniess that did not recieve the tarp but for some resaon he does. The arguement was that the government was or was not controling the private sector thanks for supporting my arguement that the government in fact does control a large portion of Americas private sector.

So who does he answer to it isn't the congress. He has no checks and balences. He has no authority over any busniess that did not recieve the tarp but for some resaon he does. The arguement was that the government was or was not controling the private sector thanks for supporting my arguement that the government in fact does control a large portion of Americas private sector.

He answers to the President who answers to Congress and the Courts

Check and balance

Reb

Reb

The problem with the extremist conservative element is that you embrace the Constitution as your Bible yet have no concept of what it means. Constitutional law is a complex issue requiring an understanding of the nuances of the Constitution along with legal precidence of subsequent court findings
I would rather embrace the Constitution and be able to understand it, then embrace Saul Alinsky rules for radicals as you do. As a former Law Enforcement officer I have had to take required courses in Constitutional law to obtain my BLET certification which I will say is far more then you will ever achieve.

If he did not close the bordes he is not protecting the ciztens of this country which he took an oath to do.

Czars is a title used since Nixon to describe Department heads who have been given a specific national issue to resolve. They can be named Associate Deputy Undersecretary for Fixing Stuff and they would still be completely Constitutional. They are part of the Executive Branch and report to the President. The President has the Constitutional Power to accept or reject their recommendation

The problem is that you are part of the problem. So is nixon stuill in charge? we aren't talking about how they started we are talking about the increased number of of no checks and balanced czars. Why is the need of having that many?

Forum List

Back