Zone1 There's NO Such Thing As A Christian Witch!!

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I keep hearing there is so that's why I'm coming here to say that it's untrue!! Does anybody know anything about this? It's one thing to talk about witches in history and or the movies but I'm pretty sure that there's no such thing as a good witch for real otherwise the Bible wouldn't condemn it.

I mean I could be wrong if there's some kind of new witchcraft that doesn't worship the devil, but sounds like "family friendly" drag shows to me and just slapping Christian in front of witches (and wizards I guess) just to get away with it. 🙄

There are white itches. I don't know if they're Christian or not, but they use magic for altruistic reasons, not evil.

I THINK there are witches but no christian witches. they may SAY they are christian but they are not. just my opinion. Wonder if there is a witches' union.

I THINK there are witches but no christian witches. they may SAY they are christian but they are not. just my opinion. Wonder if there is a witches' union.
images.jpeg

51oqyDb0kEL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

Okay, so maybe there are some good witches for real. (JK lol but even though they're not real at least I can still have all of their candy. :p)

SWSL5882_web.jpg

well with moonglow i cant imagine WHY anybody would NOT have him on ignore.I am shocked to hear you dont.the troll cant debate facts worth a shit,he just insults when he cant refute them.

I've never put anyone on ignore and never will.

As to Moonglow- there are a few around here like that. Myself included, lol! I don't take any of this too seriously- I'm mostly just here for the lolz...

I keep hearing there is so that's why I'm coming here to say that it's untrue!! Does anybody know anything about this? It's one thing to talk about witches in history and or the movies but I'm pretty sure that there's no such thing as a good witch for real otherwise the Bible wouldn't condemn it.

I mean I could be wrong if there's some kind of new witchcraft that doesn't worship the devil, but sounds like "family friendly" drag shows to me and just slapping Christian in front of witches (and wizards I guess) just to get away with it. 🙄
Lol, there is no such thing as a real witch. Hilarious

so true, if its a christian witch - its not good.

- what heavenly witch that may exist might not be sought for if looking for a pleasant relationship ... just a guess.

I am not Christian and I am not a witch. However, yes, there are Christian “witches”. There have always been those that are Christian that do spell craft. In fact, Hoodoo (which is a closed practice) is based in Christianity. However, Appalachian and early American folk magic are very, very similar in practice. The words for “spells” come primarily from the bible and are found in Psalms and other places like Deuteronomy, and are for hex breaking and protection, legal issues, love, etc. For example, Psalm 91

There are conjurers and root workers that do spells that are for or on other people. All of the ones that I have encountered take what they do seriously and check and double check what they are doing. There are a lot that don’t even go there. Now they divide up into different camps again. I have not met just a regular straight up Christian witch (no Hoodoo) that didn’t believe in Satan. This is going to be divided again. I have encountered some who practice Hoodoo that do not believe in Satan or the version of hell that you believe in because that information was incorporated some 400 years after the alleged death of the big JC. That very same information is documented for you to read in history books that are often written by Christians and are text books used in theology courses. It’s not a secret and it’s not hidden. You have the capacity to research that any time you’re ready. I’m not trying to be demeaning. I just want you to know that the only thing holding you back from obtaining that information is yourself.

There are still others that have a mixture of African/Latin/Native/Catholic practices that are “closed” and these came about due to colonization and the slave trade. Since we know that the parts of the bible were used to justify slavery then there should be no problem accepting that portions of the bible are used. Even if you do disagree, it doesn’t matter. Yet, there is nothing holding you back from learning. The only thing obstructing educating yourself is you.

Here are books that will help you understand colonization:

The Negro Bible - The Slave Bible: Select Parts of the Holy Bible, Selected for the use of the Negro Slaves, in the British West-India Islands: New (2019) | GreatBookPrices

Noah's Curse: The Biblical Justification of American Slavery / Edition 1 by Stephen R. Haynes | 9780195142792 | Hardcover | Barnes & Noble®

I really dislike using Wikipedia but here is the quick and dirty version that doesn’t quite do the topic justice but it does include the LDS information.

Curse of Ham - Wikipedia.

One way to obtain books to read is to get them via your libraries as well as through colleges in your state. A minimal amount of effort for a very big gain. You can research who has what by using worldcat.org. You can read about this website here:

WorldCat - Wikipedia

Back to the topic, what may looks like Christian witches but is not are those that would have been considered “mystics” and although they may engage in rituals none of those would fall into the “witch” category. Sometimes they are Christian but many times they are not. What is agreed upon are certain “intelligences”. This is a term that has been in use since late antiquity. Let me give you an example,

Mary is similar to Isis. They are not identical. This is what happened. The Isis cult flourished in Rome. The Romans were not happy about it but because she was so well loved they could not get rid of her. Rome was also not happy with the behavior of women (Get off my lawn) and created 3 goddesses that exhibited the behavior they wanted to see. By the time St. Jerome rolls around you can see his intentional and willful misrepresentation here: CHURCH FATHERS: The Perpetual Virginity of Mary (Jerome)

Please keep in mind that it took over 8 centuries to develop a Christology. Mariology became a separate endeavor. The Mary and/or Isis of one century may not look identical to the Mary/or Isis of another century. I hope that makes sense. This wasn’t a new thing. The Neo-Platonists focused on identifying similarities between deities until they were shut down by the Christians in the 5th century. Much of that, as well as, other Greek texts had been lost until the European renaissance when it was translated from Arabic into English. Additionally, the concept of a witch during antiquity and late antiquity is not the same as during the 15th century, the 18th century, the late 1800s or even the 1920s.

I apologize for the length but I thought perhaps you were looking for a deeper conversation.

Forum List

Back