There is something seriously warped about this Duggar statement

I had an aunt who was born again in the Church of Christ, when she was in the 8th grade. She spent the rest of her life making judgments about everyone else's morality. She did charity work, for people she never met, sewing clothes, and things like that, but she could not get along with anyone she knew. When she died, only her son and two friends came to her funeral. Her son, my cousin, tells me that the damage that she did to his life in irreparable. Even her own sister refused to have anything to do with her. She wrote off our entire branch of the family 30 years before she died, and never spoke to us again. To the very end, she believed that she was one of the few who would spend eternity in heaven.

It was quite sad, really.
I am generally tolerant, initially, if someone says they are religious, Christian, etc. I give them the benefit of the doubt because I know there are good Christians, that is they are just as good as any good person and, as Christians, do their best to adhere to the true tenets of their religion.

In the job I'm in now, in my first year, I worked with two women who said they were Christians, who spoke of being religious and of going to church. I believed they were good people as that is the way they presented themselves. I was very friendly with them because I believed they were good people. Both of them totally fucked me over during that year, worse than most people in my entire life have, one of them after I had spent a couple of hours the day before on my computer doing research for her to help her in her job: she was new that year too. The other one was downright cruel to me for no reason and completely betrayed what I thought was a friendship. Sad to say, far more often than not, so called Christians are the most self centered, dishonest, vicious people going. That was the last time I have given any religious person the benefit of the doubt. From now on, they need to prove without doubt they are good people or I don't believe them.

This forum shows over and over again that many of those who claim to be Christians or godly people are nothing of the kind.
Have you ever though it was you? Your contempt for Christians was obvious from the first post you sent to me writing things that I did not post and questioning my intelligence with insults.

I know this was directed at Esmeralda, but it could just have just as well been addressed to me, so I will answer, too. In view of the fact that her feud was with my mother and my older brother, and that I was only 12 years old, and we lived in separate states, and I had been seeing her only 3 weeks per year, no, I don't think it was because of me. And BTW. My mother never said an unkind word to my aunt. My aunt just came to the conclusion that my alcoholic father killed himself, and that , somehow, my mother who was to blame.

It is a shame that you blamed that on Christianity and not on your Aunt's weakness. Everyone is less than perfect and some worship Christ on Sunday morning and forget to live a Christian life the rest of the week. Perhaps if your dad had gone to Church he would have been able to conquer his alcoholism.

You tell stories about yourself, so allow me to tell one about me.

I smoked cigarettes starting at age 16 for 20 years. I tried every known method to quit with no success. The patch, hypnotism, anti smoking pills etc., etc. The patch worked until I would take it off, smoke, and put it back on. Then one day I asked the Lord to take away my desire to smoke and I haven't even wanted to smoke since. And I never will.

hat man is married and has three children. He has lived an exemplary life under a microscope for 12 years. The answer is still yes, and I would feel a lot more comfortable with him than some others I know.

Kind of like Bill Cosby was......

Is Bill Cosby a Christian? I know he had a son that was murdered but had no idea he had three daughters. You are being a bit absurd since the age difference is substantial and Cosby is very wealthy.

I had an aunt who was born again in the Church of Christ, when she was in the 8th grade. She spent the rest of her life making judgments about everyone else's morality. She did charity work, for people she never met, sewing clothes, and things like that, but she could not get along with anyone she knew. When she died, only her son and two friends came to her funeral. Her son, my cousin, tells me that the damage that she did to his life in irreparable. Even her own sister refused to have anything to do with her. She wrote off our entire branch of the family 30 years before she died, and never spoke to us again. To the very end, she believed that she was one of the few who would spend eternity in heaven.

I am generally tolerant, initially, if someone says they are religious, Christian, etc. I give them the benefit of the doubt because I know there are good Christians, that is they are just as good as any good person and, as Christians, do their best to adhere to the true tenets of their religion.

In the job I'm in now, in my first year, I worked with two women who said they were Christians, who spoke of being religious and of going to church. I believed they were good people as that is the way they presented themselves. I was very friendly with them because I believed they were good people. Both of them totally fucked me over during that year, worse than most people in my entire life have, one of them after I had spent a couple of hours the day before on my computer doing research for her to help her in her job: she was new that year too. The other one was downright cruel to me for no reason and completely betrayed what I thought was a friendship. Sad to say, far more often than not, so called Christians are the most self centered, dishonest, vicious people going. That was the last time I have given any religious person the benefit of the doubt. From now on, they need to prove without doubt they are good people or I don't believe them.

This forum shows over and over again that many of those who claim to be Christians or godly people are nothing of the kind.
Have you ever though it was you? Your contempt for Christians was obvious from the first post you sent to me writing things that I did not post and questioning my intelligence with insults.

I know this was directed at Esmeralda, but it could just have just as well been addressed to me, so I will answer, too. In view of the fact that her feud was with my mother and my older brother, and that I was only 12 years old, and we lived in separate states, and I had been seeing her only 3 weeks per year, no, I don't think it was because of me. And BTW. My mother never said an unkind word to my aunt. My aunt just came to the conclusion that my alcoholic father killed himself, and that , somehow, my mother who was to blame.

It is a shame that you blamed that on Christianity and not on your Aunt's weakness. Everyone is less than perfect and some worship Christ on Sunday morning and forget to live a Christian life the rest of the week. Perhaps if your dad had gone to Church he would have been able to conquer his alcoholism.

I smoked cigarettes starting at age 16 for 20 years. I tried every known method to quit with no success. The patch, hypnotism, anti smoking pills etc., etc. The patch worked until I would take it off, smoke, and put it back on. Then one day I asked the Lord to take away my desire to smoke and I haven't even wanted to smoke since. And I never will.

And I smoked 2 1/2 packs a day for 37 years. One day, I woke up, and asked myself, "Who is the master of my fate?". I decided that I was. I quit smoking that night in 1993, and never smoked again.

While I have shared some personal history about my family with you, I would sincerely appreciate your not posting any speculations about my family.

And I smoked 2 1/2 packs a day for 37 years. One day, I woke up, and asked myself, "Who is the master of my fate?". I decided that I was. I quit smoking that night in 1993, and never smoked again.

While I have shared some personal history about my family with you, I would sincerely appreciate your not posting any speculations about my family.

You got it! That was out of line on my part. I lost my older sister to alcoholism when she was 51 years old. I was heart broken and that was the reason your story came close to home.

Last edited:
Save your pity for someone that needs it. You Christian haters are rather disgusting to me.
I pity you because you feel the need to lie so much. Are you born again? Cause if you are Catholic lying is a sin.

I never lie. And, lying is more than a Catholic thing. Isn't it somewhere in the Ten Commandments?
You keep lying and claiming people are Christian haters when clearly they aren't.

You should ask God to take away your desire to defend pedos.

You should ask God to take away your desire to defend pedos.

When you learn the difference between defend and forgive we can talk.

What you said is what a pussy would do. He is married, has three children and no one has accused him of any sexual abuse in 12 years. I suspect you would also want him to say he is in favor of same-sex marriage.
Would you want him living next to you if you have small daughters? Would you let your daughters go to sleepovers at his house?

I raised three daughters and two sons and I would certainly let them go to a sleepover at the Duggar house. He isn't a sexually curios teenager anymore.

Yikes!
Yes, scary....kind of like those parents who let their kids have sleepovers at Michael Jackson's place.

How many daughters did Jackson have?
Wow! Right over your head.

I could be wrong, but I think that contempt is directed specifically at you.

You are probably correct, although my experience with Christians is the polar opposite of hers and yours. I pity both of you rather than hold you in contempt.

There are a helluva lot more hypocrites sitting at home watching the Sunday morning TV shows than there are in Church. There are a few hypocrites in Church on Sunday, but most of them know they are sinners and are looking for repentance and a way to overcome their sins through Christ.
Some succeed, some don't. It is that simple.

Well that's pretty fucking arrogant that you would pity us, and that's why people are starting to dislike Christians that have the same attitude.

And the reason I pity you is because you are not only a close minded, but a simple minded twit.

Save your pity for someone that needs it. You Christian haters are rather disgusting to me.
I don't think anyone here is a "Christian hater". But I do notice you want to label anyone who doesn't agree with you as a "christian hater".

Would you want him living next to you if you have small daughters? Would you let your daughters go to sleepovers at his house?

I raised three daughters and two sons and I would certainly let them go to a sleepover at the Duggar house. He isn't a sexually curios teenager anymore.

Yikes!
Yes, scary....kind of like those parents who let their kids have sleepovers at Michael Jackson's place.

The people that let their kids sleepover at Michael Jackson's house were celebrity worshipers. That sure did go right over your head.

You are probably correct, although my experience with Christians is the polar opposite of hers and yours. I pity both of you rather than hold you in contempt.

There are a helluva lot more hypocrites sitting at home watching the Sunday morning TV shows than there are in Church. There are a few hypocrites in Church on Sunday, but most of them know they are sinners and are looking for repentance and a way to overcome their sins through Christ.

Well that's pretty fucking arrogant that you would pity us, and that's why people are starting to dislike Christians that have the same attitude.

And the reason I pity you is because you are not only a close minded, but a simple minded twit.

I don't think anyone here is a "Christian hater". But I do notice you want to label anyone who doesn't agree with you as a "christian hater".

You can think all you want too, but all of these assholes that want to subject Duggars' sisters to humiliation and ridicule now that they are teenagers by publicizing and sensationalizing this twelve years later may have a different reason. I don't see anything but contempt, disdain and even hatred of the Christian family from many of the posters at USMB.

I don't really mind if Fox does pick them up. Anyone who would hire Huckabee and Palin is already beyond the pale. I have not watched the Learning Channel in years, but, I am hoping that this is the beginning of their road back from garbage TV.

Yikes!

The people that let their kids sleepover at Michael Jackson's house were celebrity worshipers. That sure did go right over your head.
And that makes them any different than anyone that would let their daughters sleep at the Dugger house?

You can think all you want too, but all of these assholes that want to subject Duggars' sisters to humiliation and ridicule now that they are teenagers by publicizing and sensationalizing this twelve years later may have a different reason. I don't see anything but contempt, disdain and even hatred of the Christian family from many of the posters at USMB.
Interesting how NOW you want to pretend you care about the girls.

And that makes them any different than anyone that would let their daughters sleep at the Dugger house?

Yes it did.

Interesting how NOW you want to pretend you care about the girls.

That has been my concern since this BS began.

Forum List

Back