There is NO need for a Federal Minimum wage...

People just want to work for 8 bucks an hour because it's good for the country. Lol lol. It's all about self.

If the economy is doing so well 15 dollars per hour will have zero affect. 15 a n hour is chump change. this we all agree on. If you can't pay it then do is all a favor and don't expand bad business.

So you propose no jobs and more people on welfare, after all like 50% of Americans make $15 or less.

People just want to work for 8 bucks an hour because it's good for the country. Lol lol. It's all about self.

Some people would rather work legit, build a resume/move up then sell drugs or collect welfare

One doesn't have to humiliate themselves and start off at 8 or even 10 bucks an hour working for some lousy owner. Get an education and use it against emp loyers.

Republicans are against increasing minimum wag, and are also against universal health care and yet the dumbest of thos nation still vote for them.

Since when, raise the blue States minimum wage to $50 bucks an hour see what we care.

California is moving toward a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage.

Well good for us we get their jobs.

higher paid labor pays more in taxes and create more in demand.

Republicans are against increasing minimum wag, and are also against universal health care and yet the dumbest of thos nation still vote for them.
They really deserve what they get

Republicans blame the Mexicans for their woes while they slash taxes on the wealthy

Republicans blame the Mexicans for their woes while they slash taxes on the wealthy

What does slashing the taxes on the wealthy has to do with Illegals competing for jobs and lowering wages?

Since when, raise the blue States minimum wage to $50 bucks an hour see what we care.

And I have NO problem with that! More power to them!
Unfortunately though their state and some cities income taxes will work to nullify their gains!

If the economy is doing so well 15 dollars per hour will have zero affect. 15 a n hour is chump change. this we all agree on. If you can't pay it then do is all a favor and don't expand bad business.
there was no pay raise for federal workers.

That is not correct. Trump said no raises for them but the Repubs in the House that control the purse strings told Trump to fuck off and are pushing one through.

House Republicans say they're on track to give federal employees a pay raise next year

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Minimum wage hasn’t been raised in ten years. It needs to be raised to $15 just to catch up. That equates to 75 cents a year for the last ten years

Congress has shown themselves incapable of responsibly setting minimum wage. It needs to be automatically linked to inflation

What does slashing the taxes on the wealthy has to do with Illegals competing for jobs and lowering wages?
lousy infrastructure. and, a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage provides an upward pressure on wages.

And I have NO problem with that! More power to them!
Unfortunately though their state and some cities income taxes will work to nullify their gains!
they can afford it, then.

Minimum wage hasn’t been raised in ten years. It needs to be raised to $15 just to catch up. That equates to 75 cents a year for the last ten years

Congress has shown themselves incapable of responsibly setting minimum wage. It needs to be automatically linked to inflation
they should move forward on it, next year along with federal pay raises.

The minimum wage itself is an economic abomination. If I want some work done for $5 and I can find people who are willing to do it (glad to have the work) for that amount, what gives government the right to say that we cannot enter into that transaction?

Literally...what gives government that right?

The answer is NOTHING. Nowhere in the Constitution does the Federal Government have the power to interfere in this private transaction.

A $15 minimum wage would DEVASTATE the population that is supposedly helped by the raise. At $15/hr, retired people, housewives, and many who have simply given up on work will come back into the workplace, leaving NOTHING for, for example, HS dropouts, those with a criminal record, adults with no work history.

For $15/hr, I could hire people with MFA degrees all day long.

In addition to being unconstitutional, the Minimum Wage itself is stupid, stupid, stupid.

The minimum wage itself is an economic abomination. If I want some work done for $5 and I can find people who are willing to do it (glad to have the work) for that amount, what gives government the right to say that we cannot enter into that transaction?

The answer is NOTHING. Nowhere in the Constitution does the Federal Government have the power to interfere in this private transaction.

A $15 minimum wage would DEVASTATE the population that is supposedly helped by the raise. At $15/hr, retired people, housewives, and many who have simply given up on work will come back into the workplace, leaving NOTHING for, for example, HS dropouts, those with a criminal record, adults with no work history.

In addition to being unconstitutional, the Minimum Wage itself is stupid, stupid, stupid.

Low skilled workers are exploited.
Take it or leave it with workers who have little bargaining position means they are left with nothing

As a result, taxpayers have to make up the difference with food stamps, housing assistance and Medicaid

a simple cost of living adjustment.

Low skilled workers are exploited.
Take it or leave it with workers who have little bargaining position means they are left with nothing

As a result, taxpayers have to make up the difference with food stamps, housing assistance and Medicaid
the rich were too rich to fail.

they should have to,

dig ditches in front of car washers one summer,

for their bailout.

Forum List

Back