There is no Morality

aren't we silly ? As if it makes a difference.

Now neither you nor I know the answer to that, do we?

I know we're all gonna die. I don't think being good or evil changes that. I guess you are referring to a persons soul maybe ? Something that transcends mortality ?

Absolutely, but one has to believe in such things. My view is that I am on this planet to learn how to live so that I may live. It is not a matter of the term morality but a matter of truth and aligning oneself with truth.

Now doesn't it defy logic that we would spend a lifetime learning just to become wormfood?

I know we're all gonna die. I don't think being good or evil changes that. I guess you are referring to a persons soul maybe ? Something that transcends mortality ?

Absolutely, but one has to believe in such things. My view is that I am on this planet to learn how to live so that I may live. It is not a matter of the term morality but a matter of truth and aligning oneself with truth.

Now doesn't it defy logic that we would spend a lifetime learning just to become wormfood?

Oh I'm all for making up little games while we're here. I mean we got stuck with these brains. What the hell else are we going with them ? Let's just not try to take ourselves too seriously.

"Right"..........that which gives us pleasure.

"Wrong"............that which causes pain.

You can use good and evil in place of right and wrong by the way. And.......remember........before you go too far in one direction of the moral absolute, what would you think of living in a Mayan civilization? How's about an Egyptian one?

Samurai perhaps?

All have different values of "right" and "wrong". What is wrong in one society, is very much right in another.

Good example is the beaches of the Mediterranean during the summer, and compared to those of the US.

Right.... That which brings resolution, Growth, Understanding, Learning, Healing, Reconciliation, Redemption, Life, Ethical Treatment, Value for Value, An Honest Scale, to name a few thoughts here.

Wrong........ Brings Violence, Harm, Hurt, Damage, Theft, Loss of Liberty, Undeserved Compensation, Injustice, Extortion, Bribery, Libel, Fraud.

The Societies that Serve Justice seem to fare better.

All relative. Just to use one example - violence can be good. We recognise that by substituting other words and phrases in order to disguise its nature. Try this one, "reasonable force". It's controlled violence and it is legally acceptable so it must be put on the "good" side of the ledger.

There are no moral absolutes.

You are substituting Violence as a Tool, for Violence as a Motivation.
If Your Philosophy is that Violence is a means Achieve or attain what You will, it may be in Question.
If You apply Reason to Your Violence, Reasonable Force, Necessary Force, Defensive Force, the Principle which Justifies the Action brings understanding and Limitation. If You use Violence to Hunt, to feed, there are still justifications, Boundaries, and Limits.

I would Suggest that There are Moral Absolutes. I would Answer, seek Justification. Our Limited Perspectives miss parts of the equation, that does not take from their being, just Our understanding.

Right.... That which brings resolution, Growth, Understanding, Learning, Healing, Reconciliation, Redemption, Life, Ethical Treatment, Value for Value, An Honest Scale, to name a few thoughts here.

Wrong........ Brings Violence, Harm, Hurt, Damage, Theft, Loss of Liberty, Undeserved Compensation, Injustice, Extortion, Bribery, Libel, Fraud.

All relative. Just to use one example - violence can be good. We recognise that by substituting other words and phrases in order to disguise its nature. Try this one, "reasonable force". It's controlled violence and it is legally acceptable so it must be put on the "good" side of the ledger.

If Your Philosophy is that Violence is a means Achieve or attain what You will, it may be in Question.
If You apply Reason to Your Violence, Reasonable Force, Necessary Force, Defensive Force, the Principle which Justifies the Action brings understanding and Limitation. If You use Violence to Hunt, to feed, there are still justifications, Boundaries, and Limits.

I would Suggest that There are Moral Absolutes. I would Answer, seek Justification. Our Limited Perspectives miss parts of the equation, that does not take from their being, just Our understanding.

Reason is as much of a manmade concept as religion.

Reason is as much of a manmade concept as religion.

That sound like the Predators Creed. In the end, it won't help You sleep better.

"Seek justification"? You've gotta be kidding me.........you DO understand that is one of the things that a really bad person named Torquemada did, right?

He thought he was "justified" in ridding Europe of heathens. Same thing today, by the way, when you look at suicide bombers (remember, they are "justified" in killing themselves and others because of "jihad").

Seeking justification is a really dangerous road. You can look for VERIFICATION, but not justification.

Oh yeah........it also says in the Bible (by the way), that living under the Law (Torah) is what will set you free.

Know why? You make order out of chaos (use the Law), which shows you what to expect if you see it again.

That's why physics works.

"Seek justification"? You've gotta be kidding me.........you DO understand that is one of the things that a really bad person named Torquemada did, right?

He thought he was "justified" in ridding Europe of heathens. Same thing today, by the way, when you look at suicide bombers (remember, they are "justified" in killing themselves and others because of "jihad").

Seeking justification is a really dangerous road. You can look for VERIFICATION, but not justification.

Oh yeah........it also says in the Bible (by the way), that living under the Law (Torah) is what will set you free.

Know why? You make order out of chaos (use the Law), which shows you what to expect if you see it again.

That's why physics works.

How many other Moral Codes did He Violate to get where He Got? By Your reasoning Every Time Someone Bad does Anything Everything that person has ever done is bad. So if he ever brushed his teeth or wiped His Ass that must be bad too. What He did do was abandon Conscience and Reason to get where He did. So You in Your Infinite Reason advise against seeking Justification through Conscience and Reason. What is Your Alternative?

Verification? If You keep playing with Yourself like that You will go blind, weren't You ever taught that. What is Your Prescription at now?

The Truth is about the Truth, not You or I. The first Victim of it is the Self when You Deny Your Relationship with God. It is above Anything Material in this World, including the Torah, the Scriptures, though He does work through Them as Well as What Ever He chooses to.

When One Abandons Conscience, Principle, Reason, He Abandons Faith, There is No Justification there, only a deception.

Main Entry: jus·ti·fi·ca·tion
Pronunciation: \ˌjəs-tə-fə-ˈkā-shən\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 : the act, process, or state of being justified by God
2 a : the act or an instance of justifying : vindication b : something that justifies
3 : the process or result of justifying lines of text
justification - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Main Entry: ver·i·fi·ca·tion
Pronunciation: \ˌver-ə-fə-ˈkā-shən\
Date: 1523
: the act or process of verifying : the state of being verified
verification - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

moral relativity is only supported by the selfish and those trying to absolve their conscience.

so exploitation of the poor and children is relative?

It depends on what you mean by "moral relativity". What do you think it means?

As for "exploitation" of anyone, doesn't the meaning of the word "exploitation" suggest "bad" to you?

No it doesn't because "logic" has nothing to do with biology. If we look at other life forms we get a clue. In a natural state they die and rot. We're a life form. We die and rot. That's biology.

“Violence” can't be a motivation because it's an adjective describing an act or a condition.

2 a : the act or an instance of justifying : vindication b : something that justifies

See.......that's the part that makes me nervous around you fanatical types. You believe that your bullshit (which works for you, I'm not judging), is justified by God Himself.

Now.........seeing as there are a lot of people that pay lip service to God, but still can't really justify anything. We are all born with original sin, so, therefore, how can we be justified when we're sinners?

Fail yet again...................

By the way, speaking of being "justified by God", ever hear of the Crusades? How about the sacking of Jerusalem?

“Violence” can't be a motivation because it's an adjective describing an act or a condition.

There are Those that live for Violence. There are Moral Absolutes.

See.......that's the part that makes me nervous around you fanatical types. You believe that your bullshit (which works for you, I'm not judging), is justified by God Himself.

Now.........seeing as there are a lot of people that pay lip service to God, but still can't really justify anything. We are all born with original sin, so, therefore, how can we be justified when we're sinners?

Fail yet again...................

By the way, speaking of being "justified by God", ever hear of the Crusades? How about the sacking of Jerusalem?

You are stuck on labeling and accusations right now, Yet I Truly understand Your Concerns. It is the Corruption of Value and Principle that disguises the True Motive of Those You fear.

I don't define Myself as fanatical, though You may feel free to. If Go told Me to Sacrifice My Son on an Alter, what I would question is Mt Sanity. If God told Me to destroy a City or People, I would Question My Sanity. God tells Us plainly to Repent, and be Healed, Judgement is when all else has failed. You have a pulse, You have a chance. Directing Others is Not Our Job. Being a Faithful Witness is. Your concern is based on a Breach of Faith of the Perpetrator, a corruption, and a masked deception.

Forum List

Back