There is NO EVIDENCE our elections have been tampered with.

Two months before the election OBAMA said this. Not Trump, not Russia. OBAMA
Depends on what we're using as a definition of "tampering".

If we're talking about the use of various media and media tactics in an attempt to influence opinion, I don't think there's any doubt about that. If we're talking about successfully tapping into our electoral/voting infrastructure and actually affecting votes and vote totals, that's a different story. That's the scary one.

Since there's so much noise and bullshit surrounding this story (as usual), I haven't seen proof that they got their hands on our infrastructure. Yet.

Tampering means interfering. The Russians were interfering in our election.

Whether it made any difference is another issue.

I can’t imagine how batshit crazy the right would have gone had this been Obama instead of Trump, given that so many of these dummies to this day believe Obama was born in Kenya.

Tampering means interfering. The Russians were interfering in our election. Whether it made any difference is another issue.
I can’t imagine how batshit crazy the right would have gone had this been Obama instead of Trump, given that so many of these dummies to this day believe Obama was born in Kenya.
Well, anyone can tamper with anything, though. That's where this whole conversation - like pretty much every other one - has become so full of noise. The fact that Russia tampered doesn't necessarily mean, by any stretch, that Trump & Co had anything to do with it, yet that's the inference.

If there's proof that Trump & Co coordinated with the Russians, fine. But right now all I'm seeing is Putin being Putin.

Tampering means interfering. The Russians were interfering in our election. Whether it made any difference is another issue.
Well, anyone can tamper with anything, though. That's where this whole conversation - like pretty much every other one - has become so full of noise. The fact that Russia tampered doesn't necessarily mean, by any stretch, that Trump & Co had anything to do with it, yet that's the inference.

If there's proof that Trump & Co coordinated with the Russians, fine. But right now all I'm seeing is Putin being Putin.

• Russia meddled in our elections
  • Trump conspired with the Russians
  • Russian interfering in our elections swung the election to Trump

Are all three different things.

Steve Bannon said that the Trump organization was too incompetent to conspire with the Russians. :lol:

Word of random guy on right-wing forum board

vs.

Every single US Intelligence Agency

Hmm ... think I'll believe the second one.

Didn't listen to the Obama vid in the OP didya?? Was Obama CLUELESS or what?

This wasn't long before the voting occurred. If you partisan believe the election was compromised, you are on your own with a conspiracy theory. Because NO Intel agency or respected leader INCLUDING OBAMA was concerned or aware of threats to actually CHANGE the results of an election. MEDDLE?? Of course. But not to change the outcome...

hkxn5.jpg

Changing the result and tampering in the election are not necessarily the same things.

Go explain that to your leftist zealot buddies. Americans have done orders of magnitude more damage to the political system than Putin ever dreamed of. You've got up to 9 or 10 high ranking FBI/DOJ officials fired, resigning, demoted or actively investigated for laying political hands on the election and the Clinton investigation.

Putin is just getting his yucks in while WE screw things up... Actually you 2 primitive tribal parties. It's not my war..

vs.

This wasn't long before the voting occurred. If you partisan believe the election was compromised, you are on your own with a conspiracy theory. Because NO Intel agency or respected leader INCLUDING OBAMA was concerned or aware of threats to actually CHANGE the results of an election. MEDDLE?? Of course. But not to change the outcome...

hkxn5.jpg
Voting machines in 25 states were compromised by Russians. No one is sure if any votes were changed but your dementia is not unlike Trump’s.
Where is the story that says the voting machines were hacked? All the articles i have seen say voter database rolls were hacked, and that nothing was tampered with, but I've not seen one that says voting machines were hacked.

Then you have not been paying as close attention as you believe you have.

If Voting Machines Were Hacked, Would Anyone Know?

A recently leaked National Security Agency report on Russian hacking attempts has heightened concerns. According to the report, Russian intelligence services broke into an election software vendor's computer system and used the information it gained to send 122 election officials fake emails infected with malicious software. Bloomberg News reported Tuesday that Russia might have attempted to hack into election systems in up to 39 states.

While it's unclear if any of the recipients took the bait in the email attack, University of Michigan computer scientist Alex Halderman says it's just the kind of phishing campaign someone would launch if they wanted to manipulate votes.

Hacking into a voter machine COMPANY intranet -- is NOT the same as hacking voting machines.

NEXT !!!! Phishing is done all the time. That's how Podesta's phone/emails got hacked. And it's not neccessarily a KREMLIN coordinated deal. Hacking is a favorite PRIVATE biz in Russia..

vs.

hkxn5.jpg
Voting machines in 25 states were compromised by Russians. No one is sure if any votes were changed but your dementia is not unlike Trump’s.
Where is the story that says the voting machines were hacked? All the articles i have seen say voter database rolls were hacked, and that nothing was tampered with, but I've not seen one that says voting machines were hacked.

Then you have not been paying as close attention as you believe you have.

If Voting Machines Were Hacked, Would Anyone Know?

A recently leaked National Security Agency report on Russian hacking attempts has heightened concerns. According to the report, Russian intelligence services broke into an election software vendor's computer system and used the information it gained to send 122 election officials fake emails infected with malicious software. Bloomberg News reported Tuesday that Russia might have attempted to hack into election systems in up to 39 states.

While it's unclear if any of the recipients took the bait in the email attack, University of Michigan computer scientist Alex Halderman says it's just the kind of phishing campaign someone would launch if they wanted to manipulate votes.

And you don't "manipulate votes" just by spoofing Vendors of voting machines. You've got to penetrate the Registrars security of the machines and PHYSICALLY change the programming. Those voting machines are NOT often connected to ANY networks at all.. Updates are checked and verified and HAND loaded.

Forum List

Back