There Are Two Approaches to Gun Violence - The Brady Approach and the Reagan Approach

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
In 1981 both men critically wounded, Brady shot in the head and Reagan with a bullet an inch from his heart and was within minutes of dying. Each man came out after with two approaches.

Brady - gun control.

Reagan - as he was taken into the ER said "What's the beef with that guy?" His position was it was a people problem.

Brady's position is futile. You are not going to remove all guns from society. And even if you rounded them all up they would come across our borders faster than a hundred kilos of cocaine. The left will say "we need rational gun control". After decades no rational gun control measure has ever been presented. It is always more more more that never solves people murdering with guns. Let's ban AR-15's. AR-15's are involved in a tiny percentage of gun related murders. It's just knee jerk feel good responses.

Reagan's belief was this was a criminal individual who shot him. The guy was off his rocker. Guns have never escaped from a gun safe to go out and shoot anyone. But plenty of people do murder.

The argument then shifts to so-and-so country does not have this kind of violence. Correct. They also do not have our culture either. THAT is where the problem lies. Not the availability of weapons, it is people not believing we are all created in the image of God and are special and murder is a serious evil. You don't believe me? Go to an inner city tonight, park your car and walk for a few blocks. They won't have guns, they don't need them. Call for help. So what. Nobody in the neighborhood will call the cops to help you.

It's a culture problem people.

It's a black people problem. Just look at the demographics of the most violent parts of the USA and then look at the demographics, gun ownership, and violent crime statistics of Switzerland.

School shootings are just a liberal talking point that represents a small percentage of the violent crime in the country.

It's a black people problem. Just look at the demographics of the most violent parts of the USA and then look at the demographics, gun ownership, and violent crime statistics of Switzerland.

School shootings are just a liberal talking point that represents a small percentage of the violent crime in the country.
It's a cultural problem emphasized by the leftist programing lie that people are groups based upon the pigment content of their skin.

Brady bill never should have passed, it was the shock of Reagan being shot that motivated Americans to comply with measures to curb their freedom. Calculated measures that is. This has been going on at least since Kennedy got shot.

Somebody gets shot=Americans losing freedom, until there's an all-powerful state.

Keep that in mind, Because if it comes to that, America is done.

BGd5ve2CMAAmP-8.jpg

Don't try to use a dead man that got shot by globalist/leftists to support anti-gun nuttery, pls?

Bush had Reagan shot so he could take over, and he did for like, 12 years, k? Plus NAFTA and Clinton and then his globalist

If he hadn't got shot, America would be a better place, enter Trump.

It is what it is.

Last edited:

Don't try to use a dead man that got shot by globalist/leftists to support anti-gun nuttery, pls?

Bush had Reagan shot so he could take over, and he did for like, 12 years, k?

It is what it is.

LOL. ok, i admit that i time traveled & forced ronny to say that.

& he indeed said that.

it is what it is.

& btw i am not anti-gun. just anti assault rifle & multi round clips & drums. as was ronny.

Brady bill never should have passed, it was the shock of Reagan being shot that motivated Americans to comply with measures to curb their freedom. Calculated measures that is. This has been going on at least since Kennedy got shot.

Somebody gets shot=Americans losing freedom, until there's an all-powerful state.

Reagan was shot by a family friend of the bushes. It was most likely the bushes who instigated the shooting, not some lefty.

Reagan was shot by a family friend of the bushes. It was most likely the bushes who instigated the shooting, not some lefty.

I'm not disputing that..link?

It is what it is.

& he indeed said that.

it is what it is.

& btw i am not anti-gun. just anti assault rifle & multi round clips & drums. as was ronny.

I get it: Anti "Fun-dude-stuff"

That was after he got shot.

Know what he got shot with?

A .22 revolver.

I'm not disputing that..link?

Apology, thought you were disputing it. Anyway, one link below.
Bush Angle to Reagan Shooting Still Unresolved as Hinckley Walks - WhoWhatWhy

I'm pro gun, just asking where is the line drawn on what types of armament citizens can own. How big the bore, how many rounds, etc. Unlike the 1950's when I was growing up, we now have too many crazies on the loose today to say everybody should be allowed to have military style weapons and ammo.

It is what it is.

& he indeed said that.

it is what it is.

So we should only be allowed to own pre-World War I technology guns?

It is what it is.

& he indeed said that.

it is what it is.

I get it: Anti "Fun-dude-stuff"

That was after he got shot.

Know what he got shot with?

A .22 revolver.

I guess a revolver's cylinder is kind of like a "drum," right?

In 1981 both men critically wounded, Brady shot in the head and Reagan with a bullet an inch from his heart and was within minutes of dying. Each man came out after with two approaches.

Brady - gun control.

Reagan - as he was taken into the ER said "What's the beef with that guy?" His position was it was a people problem.

Brady's position is futile. You are not going to remove all guns from society. And even if you rounded them all up they would come across our borders faster than a hundred kilos of cocaine. The left will say "we need rational gun control". After decades no rational gun control measure has ever been presented. It is always more more more that never solves people murdering with guns. Let's ban AR-15's. AR-15's are involved in a tiny percentage of gun related murders. It's just knee jerk feel good responses.

Reagan's belief was this was a criminal individual who shot him. The guy was off his rocker. Guns have never escaped from a gun safe to go out and shoot anyone. But plenty of people do murder.

The argument then shifts to so-and-so country does not have this kind of violence. Correct. They also do not have our culture either. THAT is where the problem lies. Not the availability of weapons, it is people not believing we are all created in the image of God and are special and murder is a serious evil. You don't believe me? Go to an inner city tonight, park your car and walk for a few blocks. They won't have guns, they don't need them. Call for help. So what. Nobody in the neighborhood will call the cops to help you.

Reagan supported the Brady Bill and limits on assault rifles

When Ronald Reagan Embraced Gun Control

It is what it is.

& he indeed said that.

it is what it is.

So we should only be allowed to own pre-World War I technology guns?

Tbh, I could wreak havok with something like that.

I like my semi-auto guns, but from the jump, they're not something I need to take a target out.

Brady - gun control.

Reagan supported the Brady Bill and limits on assault rifles

Proof?

Forum List

Back