Theory of evolution question

The common ancestor of chimpanzees and humans are called hominins. There is fossil, genetic, and immunological evidence of these organisms and of their ancestry to both us and chimpanzees. The evolutionary divergence happened approximately 7mya.

Early Primate Evolution: The First Primates

There's nothing there but a bunch of gaps and conjecture. Probably? Really??

It isn't even close to conjecture. There are gaps but there always will be. But I suppose you have something better?

Yes. Like many of the people of science, I see an intelligence at the helm of all of it. I don't believe in chance. I certainly do not believe in creation via chaos.

Believing that an intelligent agent created life or put into place the conditions for life to arise has nothing to do with evolution. Evolution is simply change in populations of organisms over time.

Well, you're doing better than I am on deciding exactly what is being discussed on this thread. Sometimes I think we are discussing the Creation, the Big Bang. Next, I see a post along the lines of microevolution. Then I see a post along the lines of macroevolution. Then there are just nonsense post of hate and disrespect. I really have no idea exactly what the discussion actually is myself.

Isn't that what happens on about page 2 (if you're lucky) on most threads?

wow....

just wow.

you really are a mouth breathing idiot.

So you readily admit to being an ass breather? I hope you use mouth wash.

4.000 religions on Earth, you think 3,999 are false. I just think one more is false than you do.
You are an idiot. Where did I say that any religion is right or wrong, "true or false?"
Because they all rely on magic as their central belief. Children believe in literal magic. Educated adults know better.
Yesterday's magic is today's science. A very simple example television.... translate. Fucking idiot. Know it all...
"To know what you know and what you do not know, that is true knowledge." Confucius

You are Barney Fife. That is the mentality you possess. You think you have it figured out but Andy always knows the truth and has to correct you as you run around with your one bullet so you don't accidentally shoot someone.
Or more likely yourself.

To my fellow liberals, nonbelievers and evolutionists (which category[ies] you may fit):

You do nothing to help advance science, knowledge, rationality, skepticism, learning or any other agenda you may or may not have by resorting to insults and denigrations. In fact, you cause harm to yourself, others, and those causes. Even if the purpose of the OP was to sling shit, which I do not say it is, replying maturely, respectfully, and with a genuine interest in advancing any of the above concepts will do you and all of us - including your opponents and any non-posting audience - far more good than the opposite.

I understand that it is difficult not to fall in to the temptation to give in to anger and frustration but please try to turn the other cheek.

Thank you.

Man from the Colorado mountains.

I honestly do not understand the resistance of some to evolution. There is nothing controversial about it.

First off, it is fact. Seriously people, this isn't a question, there isn't any serious doubt with any educated person. Evolution isn't based on hokey computer models by grifters whoring for the next grant of taxpayer money. Evolution is backed by mountains of physical evidence up to an including the genome studies. Any reasonably educated person can examine the evidence and will grasp the process that is occurring.

I admit that I am not a religious person, but I don't see how evolution threatens the faith of people. You want to say god did it all? Fine, evolution is the method he used. You want to say that god created the spark of life? Fine, that is outside of evolution anyway.

Well I'll say it again for all the idiots. I simply asked a simple question. No has even tried to answer it. Libtardism is surely a sickness and I hope it's fatal.

Some say that we have evolved from more primitive primates. If that is true, with the exception of some political groups, why aren't primates still evolving into people?
12524290_10153912651587840_1736880331403203615_n.jpg

Forum List

Back