Theory of evolution question

Generally people that don't understand or believe evolution are looking for a black and white answer. The universe is far more complicated but they reject complicated.

This is why believing in a 'god' is so attractive. One thing, you believe, and no more thinking. Simple.

That's why we are asking you ultra intelligent geniuses to explain it to our simple little minds. Explain it Oh great scientific one.

No problem, they have PH.D programs all over the country. You'll have to start with remedial chemistry and biology and work really hard for the next 10 years.

That is, if you aren't averse to work.

That's above my paygrade. I'm a design electrical engineer with a minor in mathematics. I'm just ignorant by your standards.

Ignorant of biology, which is no crime.

Yes, I could not have designed and built jet engine test facilities for the Navy and Marine Corps had I only had some biology school. I would not have had the opportunity to use my studies of science, engineering, and mathematics to actually design and build things.

Some say that we have evolved from more primitive primates. If that is true, with the exception of some political groups, why aren't primates still evolving into people?

Because the present day primates took a different evolutionary path than our ancestors took. they are still evolving, as are we, but whether or not they evolve into beings similar to us is unknown. None of us alive today will ever see what evolution does to any present day species.

The odds of 2,000 proteins magically evolving into a single cell are on par with the odds of buying 1,000 consecutive wining Powerball tickets.

People like that believe that a tornado can blow through a wrecking yard and leave a fully functional 767 in it's wake.

These ludicrous memes just never die once the internet tucks them under its unshaved armpit.

It would be more like a tornado sweeping through a junkyard, two pieces of wood slam together in the shape of a fuselage and wing, and it has the ability, over the next 3 billion years, to slowly modify itself into a more complex form.

Life is a dynamic force that can start as a few amino acids in some gop, and 3 billion years later it has mutated into more complex forms. The physical/chemical processes are all that is needed, no magic.

Ignorants that believe the world is 6,000 years old cannot even for the slightest of moments understand what 3 billion years is. And that is the problem.
Instead of foaming all over your "I hate the Bybull" baby bib, how about you telling us what your evidence for a secular origin is and how life not only developed apparently on its' own, but it's rather persistent nature as well. Do you do anything besides smug?

Hate is a favorite word for conservatives. You project your own proclivities. I don't 'hate' the bible. I think it myths conjured up by ignorant people in a desert tribe 2000 years ago. As much myth as Zeus, Osiris, or the Kraken.

The fossil record shows life progressing from infinitely simple forms 3.5 billion years ago to the complex forms we see now. Humans don't show up until 100-200,000 years ago. Scientists are getting closer to how exactly the first microbes began, its only a matter of time.

Persistence of life? There have been 5 major mass extinctions in the last 1.2 billion years. 99.5% at least of all species have gone extinct. The greatest, the Permian/Triassic extinction saw 96% of all species die out. Life hung by the thinnest of threads for the next 10-30 million years. Pure luck that another catastrophe didn't finish it off. There have been 17 or 18 minor mass extinctons as well. Meaning 20-50% of all species going extinct at one time.

Something so horrendous as to kill every living thing in all the nooks and crannies, oceans, streams, mountains, everywhere just didn't happen on Earth. The P/T extinction came very very close 252 million years ago.
No, you don't hate. You just call Christians non thinking idiots. Like Newton.

The odds of 2,000 proteins magically evolving into a single cell are on par with the odds of buying 1,000 consecutive wining Powerball tickets.

People like that believe that a tornado can blow through a wrecking yard and leave a fully functional 767 in it's wake.

These ludicrous memes just never die once the internet tucks them under its unshaved armpit.

It would be more like a tornado sweeping through a junkyard, two pieces of wood slam together in the shape of a fuselage and wing, and it has the ability, over the next 3 billion years, to slowly modify itself into a more complex form.

Life is a dynamic force that can start as a few amino acids in some gop, and 3 billion years later it has mutated into more complex forms. The physical/chemical processes are all that is needed, no magic.

Ignorants that believe the world is 6,000 years old cannot even for the slightest of moments understand what 3 billion years is. And that is the problem.
Instead of foaming all over your "I hate the Bybull" baby bib, how about you telling us what your evidence for a secular origin is and how life not only developed apparently on its' own, but it's rather persistent nature as well. Do you do anything besides smug?

Hate is a favorite word for conservatives. You project your own proclivities. I don't 'hate' the bible. I think it myths conjured up by ignorant people in a desert tribe 2000 years ago. As much myth as Zeus, Osiris, or the Kraken.

The fossil record shows life progressing from infinitely simple forms 3.5 billion years ago to the complex forms we see now. Humans don't show up until 100-200,000 years ago. Scientists are getting closer to how exactly the first microbes began, its only a matter of time.

Persistence of life? There have been 5 major mass extinctions in the last 1.2 billion years. 99.5% at least of all species have gone extinct. The greatest, the Permian/Triassic extinction saw 96% of all species die out. Life hung by the thinnest of threads for the next 10-30 million years. Pure luck that another catastrophe didn't finish it off. There have been 17 or 18 minor mass extinctons as well. Meaning 20-50% of all species going extinct at one time.

Something so horrendous as to kill every living thing in all the nooks and crannies, oceans, streams, mountains, everywhere just didn't happen on Earth. The P/T extinction came very very close 252 million years ago.

No, I call the belligerent religious types that ignore fact bugwits. The hostiles. I don't hate any of them, I feel sorry for them and try to educate them.

Christians non thinking idiots[/QUOTE

:clap::clap2:

Some say that we have evolved from more primitive primates. If that is true, with the exception of some political groups, why aren't primates still evolving into people?
Why would they? There's no goal or direction for evolution. Millions of years ago there was a species of tailless primates. Different groups moved apart and changed based mostly on environmental factors. First the group that became orangutans, then gorillas, then chimpanzees/bonobos, then humans. All changed, some species died out, etc.

Can you provide any proof of your mad ramblings? Where exactly were these to be found? Why did they move apart from one another? Why did their evolution stop at all? What environmental factors are you speaking of? What was that species of tailless primates called?

Science doesn't "prove" theories. That isn't how scientific theories work.

Fossil remains of primates are found all over the world. Human ancestors' fossils are found primarily in Africa, then southern Asia and Europe.

Evolution hasn't stopped - such a thing can't happen. Time must stop for evolution to stop.

Many environmental factors, too numerous to list, effected the evolution of primates. Other factors include sexual selection, social selection, genetic drift, random mutation, and epigenetics.

There are many tail-less primate species that are extant and extinct. To which one are you referring?

Only to the one to which you are using to reference your claim to. That should be simple enough for you to provide some little bit of proof.

Like I wrote earlier: science doesn't prove theories.

I posted the link; you replied to it.

You can review the evidence and remain unconvinced which requires incredible skepticism beyond what would be reasonable or your bias will cause you to dismiss out of hand 150 years of discoveries and work done by very smart people who are passionate about their work which support the theory. They know what they're doing. You don't.

Because what you state is not correct. The great apes and humans share a common ancestor. We did not "evolve from apes," rather humans and apes diverged in the past and took differing evolutionary paths.

Apes and humans continue to evolve.

Could you provide exactly who that common ancestor was supposed to be?

The common ancestor of chimpanzees and humans are called hominins. There is fossil, genetic, and immunological evidence of these organisms and of their ancestry to both us and chimpanzees. The evolutionary divergence happened approximately 7mya.

Early Primate Evolution: The First Primates

There's nothing there but a bunch of gaps and conjecture. Probably? Really??

It isn't even close to conjecture. There are gaps but there always will be. But I suppose you have something better?

Why would they? There's no goal or direction for evolution. Millions of years ago there was a species of tailless primates. Different groups moved apart and changed based mostly on environmental factors. First the group that became orangutans, then gorillas, then chimpanzees/bonobos, then humans. All changed, some species died out, etc.

Can you provide any proof of your mad ramblings? Where exactly were these to be found? Why did they move apart from one another? Why did their evolution stop at all? What environmental factors are you speaking of? What was that species of tailless primates called?

Science doesn't "prove" theories. That isn't how scientific theories work.

Fossil remains of primates are found all over the world. Human ancestors' fossils are found primarily in Africa, then southern Asia and Europe.

Evolution hasn't stopped - such a thing can't happen. Time must stop for evolution to stop.

Many environmental factors, too numerous to list, effected the evolution of primates. Other factors include sexual selection, social selection, genetic drift, random mutation, and epigenetics.

There are many tail-less primate species that are extant and extinct. To which one are you referring?

Only to the one to which you are using to reference your claim to. That should be simple enough for you to provide some little bit of proof.

Like I wrote earlier: science doesn't prove theories.

I posted the link; you replied to it.

You can review the evidence and remain unconvinced which requires incredible skepticism beyond what would be reasonable or your bias will cause you to dismiss out of hand 150 years of discoveries and work done by very smart people who are passionate about their work which support the theory. They know what they're doing. You don't.

Well, having a minor in mathematics, evolution certainly doesn't cut the muster.

Because what you state is not correct. The great apes and humans share a common ancestor. We did not "evolve from apes," rather humans and apes diverged in the past and took differing evolutionary paths.

Apes and humans continue to evolve.

Could you provide exactly who that common ancestor was supposed to be?

The common ancestor of chimpanzees and humans are called hominins. There is fossil, genetic, and immunological evidence of these organisms and of their ancestry to both us and chimpanzees. The evolutionary divergence happened approximately 7mya.

Early Primate Evolution: The First Primates

There's nothing there but a bunch of gaps and conjecture. Probably? Really??

It isn't even close to conjecture. There are gaps but there always will be. But I suppose you have something better?

Yes. Like many of the people of science, I see an intelligence at the helm of all of it. I don't believe in chance. I certainly do not believe in creation via chaos.

No, I call the belligerent religious types that ignore fact bugwits. The hostiles. I don't hate any of them, I feel sorry for them and try to educate them.

It usually is beneficial when the teacher is more knowledgeable on the subject at hand than is the student.

Generally people that don't understand or believe evolution are looking for a black and white answer. The universe is far more complicated but they reject complicated.

This is why believing in a 'god' is so attractive. One thing, you believe, and no more thinking. Simple.
Isn't the concept of God the Creator is more complicated than any other fucking thing you think is complicated?

Last edited:

It usually is beneficial when the teacher is more knowledgeable on the subject at hand than is the student.

Said every single 15 year old in history.

Isn't the concept of God the Creator is more complicated than any other fucking thing you think is complicated?

4.000 religions on Earth, you think 3,999 are false. I just think one more is false than you do.

Because they all rely on magic as their central belief. Children believe in literal magic. Educated adults know better.

Forum List

Back