Theme song "We are a Champion" was not authorized by Queen ~ Trump camp get your shit together

I wish they would stop playing it at all political events. I like Queen, but the song has been way played-out. Pretty corny at this point. It's one of the reasons i don't like Conventions. They're just re-run tv shows. You've seen & heard all the Bullshite before. No originality at all. The only time i'll tune in at all, will be when Trump speaks. He at least says something. He's a little different. I like listening to him.

It's always been a stupid song. It's about an insecure loser bragging on himself. Small finger... uh, I mean small wonder Rump used it. It fits his whiny little narcissistic obsession.

Actual "champions" don't need to highlight it --- it's obvious.

Sarah Palin got in trouble for doing the same thing with Heart. I believe Rump also used Neil Young without permission a while back IIRC. Then there was Rash Limjob using Rush. I'm sure there are more.

I can't imagine why all these musicians would object to being associated with this crowd, can you?

I for one think it's stupid to worry about it.......who cares....take politics out of some stuff.......jesus...some people are gonna have a heart attack

Freddie Mercury wrote the song. He is dead and burning in hell for ignoring the Bible on homosexuality. The rest of Queen can go to hell with their new homosexual lead singer. Trump can do as he pleases with the song.

And what exactly does this song have to do with homosexuality, McBigot? Or any sexuality?

I thought it was about drunken British soccer fans beating the shite out of fans of a rival club!

I wish they would stop playing it at all political events. I like Queen, but the song has been way played-out. Pretty corny at this point. It's one of the reasons i don't like Conventions. They're just re-run tv shows. You've seen & heard all the Bullshite before. No originality at all. The only time i'll tune in at all, will be when Trump speaks. He at least says something. He's a little different. I like listening to him.

It's always been a stupid song. It's about an insecure loser bragging on himself. Small finger... uh, I mean small wonder Rump used it. It fits his whiny little narcissistic obsession.

Actual "champions" don't need to highlight their accomplishments --- it's already obvious. If you have to go out of your way to make the point.... then it just might be it isn't there.

Sarah Palin got in trouble for doing the same thing with Heart. I believe Rump also used Neil Young without permission a while back IIRC. Then there was Rash Limjob using Rush. I'm sure there are more.

I can't imagine why all these musicians would object to being associated with this crowd, can you?

Ah, washed up communist whiners. Not interested in what they think. The song needs to be shelved for about 20yrs or so. Time for a break.

Freddie Mercury wrote the song. He is dead and burning in hell for ignoring the Bible on homosexuality. The rest of Queen can go to hell with their new homosexual lead singer. Trump can do as he pleases with the song.

And what exactly does this song have to do with homosexuality, McBigot? Or any sexuality?

I thought it was about drunken British soccer fans beating the shite out of fans of a rival club!

Lol....that would be awesome!!!!!!!

I for one think it's stupid to worry about it.......who cares....take politics out of some stuff.......jesus...some people are gonna have a heart attack

Because it implies endorsement, that's why.

Endorsement from the dead? Okay maybe, most if not all dead people vote democrat.

I never thought hey......they are playing music at a new York Yankees game.....so they must be Yankee fans.....dam them!!!!

Same with events....just something fun tonhave.....but lawyers and liberals take the fun out of stuff...

Can't get much worse than filthy rich self-important washed up Communist whining. Limousine Liberals disgust me. Just can't stomach old has-been Communist celebrities bitchin & moanin. They're no longer relevant. They should be grateful anyone still cares enough to use their old stale shite.

No he cannot. He didn't write it, he doesn't own it. Brian May owns it.

Seven musicians have told Trump to stop using their music at his rallies, including his friend Dee Snider from Twisted Sister, because all of them do not want their music associated with the racist statement of Donald Trump.

Freddie Mercury has been named as the greatest voice of the 20th century. The man was a genius performer, and a great writer. You say the song worked great for Trump. To me, it was a reminder that Republicans oppose equal rights for homosexuals, but aren't above stealing their work.
Freddie wrote the song. Why do you lie?

We Are the Champions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shelve this old stale one for about 20yrs. Time for a moratorium. I can't stand hearing it anymore.

Can't get much worse than filthy rich self-important washed up Communist whining. Limousine Liberals disgust me. Just can't stomach old has-been Communist celebrities bitchin & moanin. They're no longer relevant. They should be grateful anyone still cares enough to use their old stale shite.

It's uh.... intellectual property.

Just as the drivel you write on this board is your intellectual property, even if nothing to copyright home about.

Political campaigns do not need permission to use music. Copyright laws allow political candidates to use just about any song they want, as long as they're played at a stadium, arena or other venue that already has a public-performance license through a songwriters' association such as ASCAP or BMI.

Now, if Trump tried to use the same music in an advertisement, he'd be looking at a potential lawsuit.

Seven musicians have told Trump to stop using their music at his rallies, including his friend Dee Snider from Twisted Sister, because all of them do not want their music associated with the racist statement of Donald Trump.

Freddie Mercury has been named as the greatest voice of the 20th century. The man was a genius performer, and a great writer. You say the song worked great for Trump. To me, it was a reminder that Republicans oppose equal rights for homosexuals, but aren't above stealing their work.

I didn't lie. I said Trump didn't write it. I said Brian May owns it. Freddie Mercury wrote the song, but Brian May, the lead guitarist for Queen, owns the rights to it, now.

You said Trump had the right to use it. You're the one who lied.

I never thought hey......they are playing music at a new York Yankees game.....so they must be Yankee fans.....dam them!!!!

Same with events....just something fun tonhave.....but lawyers and liberals take the fun out of stuff...

I tell ya what, if I found out the New Yawk Wankees were playing my music I'd have my lawyer on them wid a quickness.

I'm still trying to figure out why they play fragments of the Banana Boat Song up there. The song has no kind of reference to baseball at all. :dunno:

But then --- it is the Wankees.

I didn't lie. I said Trump didn't write it. I said Brian May owns it. Freddie Mercury wrote the song, but Brian May, the lead guitarist for Queen, owns the rights to it, now.

You said Trump had the right to use it. You're the one who lied.
Queen has no right to bitch.

Forum List

Back