The Worst President in history has been reelected

You are misinformed

Presidents are not elected by popular vote, they are elected by Electoral Vote

Maybe President Gore can explain it better
You're just desperately flailing about for justification for your asinine "Mandate!!!" claim.

The simple fact is Obama won by less than 3% of the vote. Period.

"President Gore"? Thanks for confirming you're delusional. :lol:

I've already shown you that Obama won by 24% of the vote

Repeating misinformation does not help your case. Presidents are elected by electoral votes on a State by State basis.

The popular vote is mostly irrelevant to the election of presidents. It is just a statistic that losers cling to
Like when you mentioned "President Gore"?

Now THAT'S a loser!

No mandate. Stop your whining.

Repeating misinformation does not help your case. Presidents are elected by electoral votes on a State by State basis. A President campaigns to win electoral votes

The popular vote is mostly irrelevant to the election of presidents. It is just a statistic that losers cling to

Are you saying you didn't cling to it in 2000? And no the popular vote is not irrelevant. The popular vote determines, at the state level, where the electoral votes go. How much a President wins by from an electoral college standpoint is only dependent on which states happen to go to which President. it is not an accurate assessment of the public's opinion. It could just as easily been a smaller percentage or higher percentage depending on which states went to whom and have the same popular vote count for each.

I learned my lesson in 2000. The popular vote is irrelevant.

You don't run for President chasing the most votes nationwide. The Presidency is won in roughly ten Battleground States and that is where the popular vote matters. You can theoretically win the Presidency with less than 25% of the popular vote.

It is an irrelevant statistic for losers

I gave you credit before where due, but on this you're just plain wrong. You contended that Obama won by 24% if the vote, implying that 75% of the country favor him and his win was overwhelming. That is simply, factually untrue. If the question is which tally is the more accurate reflection of the opinion of the populace, the electoral vote or popular vote, it is inarguably the popular vote. Obama could just have easily won by more or less as a percentage of the electoral vote with the distribution of popular votes changing very little. That potential for that wide disparity despite having the same popular vote either way is in fact what renders the electoral vote irrelevent in terms of gauging the opinions of americans which is the argument you were trying to make.

Last edited:
Inaccurate.

Obama received 60,652,149 votes. The US population is 311,591,917.

So your statement should read "...19.5% of the American people have said that they prefer him to the policies and talking points of Republicans."

Just a little perspective. No charge.

Oh God. Romney couldnt even get 19.6% of the American ppl to vote for him.

My lord. U'd think if you stopped five ppl on the street half of one would vote Republican on Abortion, a quarter of one on creationism, and another quarter of one on the promise of lower taxes or Mitt being white.

Republicans unbelievably goofed this one up. Why couldn't Mitt do SOME math and come up with an economic plan. Any plan, hell, copy a plan and hope for the best.
The difference between Obama and Romney in the popular vote?

0.93%.

Stop pretending The One has a mandate. It's ludicrous.

He has just as much a right(or even more so) to claim a mandate and Political Capital as President Bush did in 2004. If the President wins Fla. his margin of victory will be 122, compared to a margin of 34 for Preisdent Bush over Sen. Kerry.

You're just desperately flailing about for justification for your asinine "Mandate!!!" claim.

Repeating misinformation does not help your case. Presidents are elected by electoral votes on a State by State basis.

Now THAT'S a loser!

Right over your head davederp

Those who believe the popular vote elects presidents might as well believe in President Gore

My lord. U'd think if you stopped five ppl on the street half of one would vote Republican on Abortion, a quarter of one on creationism, and another quarter of one on the promise of lower taxes or Mitt being white.

Republicans unbelievably goofed this one up. Why couldn't Mitt do SOME math and come up with an economic plan. Any plan, hell, copy a plan and hope for the best.

0.93%.

He has just as much a right(or even more so) to claim a mandate and Political Capital as President Bush did in 2004. If the President wins Fla. his margin of victory will be 122, compared to a margin of 34 for Preisdent Bush over Sen. Kerry.

And let's not take into account Dave's fuzzy maths with regard "19.6 percent of the people". It's probably closer to 40 percent of the voting public. While his maths would be right if he was talking about all 300 million Americans. But we all know those under 18 don't vote.

Popular vote, dumbass. That's the voice of the people.

No mandate. Stop dreaming.

You are misinformed

And yet Bush claimed a mandate in his second term with the same Popular Vote and less of the Electoral.

Popular vote, dumbass. That's the voice of the people.

No mandate. Stop dreaming.

You are misinformed

wow... you really are numb as a hake, aren't you? the only vote totals that matter in the presidential election are those cast by the members of the electoral college. period. The popular vote is, in fact, irrelevant. period. If it WERE relevant, you COULD ask President Gore to explain its relevance because he would have been the president if it were, in fact, relevant. Get it? Wow. teenager in mom's basement is seeming more and more plausible as your actual identity.

Now THAT'S a loser!

Right over your head davederp

Those who believe the popular vote elects presidents might as well believe in President Gore
Where did I say the popular vote elects presidents?

Hint: I didn't. Stop looking.

I'm pointing out that the popular vote is the voice of the people, precisely quantized.

The electoral vote is an artificial construct, a loose analog of the popular vote.

What started this was your ridiculous insistence that the people spoke and Obama was elected. I corrected this by showing you the math that only some of the people spoke and Obama was elected.

But you just have to have your mandate, facts be damned.

You may trust Obama with a blank check. People who have been paying attention know better.

0.93%.

And let's not take into account Dave's fuzzy maths with regard "19.6 percent of the people". It's probably closer to 40 percent of the voting public. While his maths would be right if he was talking about all 300 million Americans. But we all know those under 18 don't vote.
So, people under 18 aren't Americans.

You can literally make yourself believe anything, can't you? :lmao:

0.93%.

I never said Bush had a mandate.

You are misinformed

And yet Bush claimed a mandate in his second term with the same Popular Vote and less of the Electoral.
And I'm saying he didn't, for the same reasons Obama doesn't.

I know you guys have a hard time with standards being applied equally to everyone. Give it a shot for once.

You are misinformed

wow... you really are numb as a hake, aren't you? the only vote totals that matter in the presidential election are those cast by the members of the electoral college. period. The popular vote is, in fact, irrelevant. period. If it WERE relevant, you COULD ask President Gore to explain its relevance because he would have been the president if it were, in fact, relevant. Get it? Wow. teenager in mom's basement is seeming more and more plausible as your actual identity.
If rightwinger had said, "The Electoral College has spoken, and Obama was reelected", you'd have a point.

But he didn't. He said "The American people have spoken".

I corrected that false statement. Retards are bitterly clinging to it.

No mandate. Now stop your whining about it, boy.

If rightwinger had said, "The Electoral College has spoken, and Obama was reelected", you'd have a point.

What do you think a mandate is?

Obama is the President of the United States.

THAT is his mandate. He yields executive power for four more years. There are no restrictions on presidential powers based on popular vote. Do you actually think Republicans would be more cooperative if Obama won 75% of the vote? If Republicans do not think he has a mandate, try to get your agenda passed without Obamas concurrence

How much more of a mandate do you need?

Last edited:
You see me defending Bush?? Nope.. but nice try... I never said he was a 'good' or 'great' President... said confidently that he was not the worst

Oh.. and by the way your racist pig woman... Bush II was re-elected too.. I guess by your own criteria, he must have been 'good' too

Idiot bitch

All of you right wing nuts defended Bush. The fact that you are even saying you didn't is laughable. FYI, President Obama was reelected because he is a good president and people like him. Bush was reelected because the Republican party is more crooked than two left shoes. Don't pretend to know my criteria because you'd have to open that small mind of yours first to understand it.

I haven't seen you in these threads very much lately. But you're so pissed about the election that you had to drop in for a little name calling. You sound like a high school boy trying to impress thugs. Why don't you grow up and talk like an adult??

What is known about you at the very least, is that your criteria is based on nothing factual. Obama is not a good President. There is nothing he is doing that is measurably making our country better. What we do know are his broken promises. Not only did he not decrease the debt, it went up. Not only did he not decrease unemployment, it went up. He has little to know regard for the constitution being in violation of it on at least two occasions. So unless you're completely delusional no, there is no scenario under which he can be considered a good President. Yes people like him, because admittedly he has a personality that makes him easy to like.

He has four more years and he will finish the job. And I say again, you know nothing of my criteria. All you have done is repeat the same, tired old GOP talking points. You give him credit for nothing because that's what you want to do. I give him credit for everything he's done. Because he deserves it. My faves:

Heath Care Reform
Wall Street Reform
Ended Iraq War
Killed Bin Laden
Saved U.S. Auto Industry
Increased Support for Veterans

You see me defending Bush?? Nope.. but nice try... I never said he was a 'good' or 'great' President... said confidently that he was not the worst

Oh.. and by the way your racist pig woman... Bush II was re-elected too.. I guess by your own criteria, he must have been 'good' too

Idiot bitch

All of you right wing nuts defended Bush. The fact that you are even saying you didn't is laughable. FYI, President Obama was reelected because he is a good president and people like him. Bush was reelected because the Republican party is more crooked than two left shoes. Don't pretend to know my criteria because you'd have to open that small mind of yours first to understand it.

I haven't seen you in these threads very much lately. But you're so pissed about the election that you had to drop in for a little name calling. You sound like a high school boy trying to impress thugs. Why don't you grow up and talk like an adult??

No.. absolutely false.. I for one never defended his things such as fiscal policy but did defend things such as the surge... I never and I do mean NEVER proclaimed him as some good or great President...

Obama was re-elected for nothing else but popularity. To ASSume it is because of a 'good job' is absolute rubbish. You can no more state he was elected because of a 'good job' than you can for Bush

I post about as frequently or infrequently as I ever have... And I will continue to call your racist ass racist as I always have, considering your stances and your own statements...

What right do you have to call me a racist?? Based on what, you are mad the GOP got their asses handed to them?? Tough.

What do you think a mandate is?

Obama is the President of the United States.

THAT is his mandate. He yields executive power for four more years. There are no restrictions on presidential powers based on popular vote. Do you actually think Republicans would be more cooperative if Obama won 75% of the vote? If Republicans do not think he has a mandate, try to get your agenda passed without Obamas concurrence

How much more of a mandate do you need?

I hear Biden would make for a fun mandate.

the electoral college IS the American people speaking. It is the only way they CAN speak when it comes to electing a president, unless you amend the constitution, that is.

The people re-elected total incompetence and yes we will pay for this mistake.

Yep, had it not been for republicans voting for Obama in the primaries 4 years ago, Hillary would still be president.:D But Bill would have corrected the economy.

Forum List

Back