The Worst Cereals for Your Health

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
It has been reported sugar and caffeine are the two most addictive legal substances to include in a healthy living lifestyle. Aside from obvious high sugar content foods, such as candy, cookies, ice-cream and others, it isn't surprising to find some cereals near the top.

-------------------------

There are plenty of benefits to being a morning person. Getting that perfect amount of morning sunlight decrease a person’s risk for depression, helps improve sleep patterns and leaves enough time to start the morning with a healthy breakfast.

(MORE: 7 Signs You Need More Sunlight — and Don’t Know It)

Those benefits might sound good enough to get you jumping out of bed in the morning, but you should think twice if your breakfast includes a bowl of sugary cereal. Many breakfast cereals are full of unhealthy amounts of sugar, according to a study from the Environmental Working Group.

You might think these cereals taste great, but they also contribute to a major problem with American diets: Many Americans consume much more sugar than recommended, and many scientists believe even the recommendation is too high.

Here they are: The WORST Cereals for Your Health - weather.com

It has been reported sugar and caffeine are the two most addictive legal substances to include in a healthy living lifestyle. Aside from obvious high sugar content foods, such as candy, cookies, ice-cream and others, it isn't surprising to find some cereals near the top.

There are plenty of benefits to being a morning person. Getting that perfect amount of morning sunlight decrease a person’s risk for depression, helps improve sleep patterns and leaves enough time to start the morning with a healthy breakfast.

Those benefits might sound good enough to get you jumping out of bed in the morning, but you should think twice if your breakfast includes a bowl of sugary cereal. Many breakfast cereals are full of unhealthy amounts of sugar, according to a study from the Environmental Working Group.

You might think these cereals taste great, but they also contribute to a major problem with American diets: Many Americans consume much more sugar than recommended, and many scientists believe even the recommendation is too high.

Thanks for the link. Imagine 50+ percent sugar? Wow!

I've been lowering my intake of gluten for the last year and I've more energy than I remember having before. My first move was gluten free cereals like Brown Rice crispies, etc. I do like my caffeine and I know it can be a problem so I supplement it with Rum.

:D

Thanks for the link. Imagine 50+ percent sugar? Wow!

I've been lowering my intake of gluten for the last year and I've more energy than I remember having before. My first move was gluten free cereals like Brown Rice crispies, etc. I do like my caffeine and I know it can be a problem so I supplement it with Rum.

Depressing but true that alcohol is sugar.

OTOH, assuming you're not drinking too much, there's nothing wrong with saving your sugar allotment for booze.

Also, I once read a book that said a study done by Quaker Oats showed that "puffed" cereals had "negative" nutrition. IOW, they were actually bad for you as a result of the "puffing" process.

I used to like cereal but never liked milk. Now, I like almond milk but I'm not crazy about available cereals.

Once upon a time I used to have Rice Krispies as a breakfast cereal. Nowadays the closest I come is gluten free oatmeal porridge. Yes, I sweeten that with a teaspoon of condensed milk. I don't think that is on a par with the levels of sugar in that cereals.

Cap'n Crunch is part of this complete breakfast!

boedicca-albums-mo-4-boedicca-s-stuff-picture6603-capn-crunch-balanced-breakfast-1983-1.jpg

When I was a youngster, I used to ask for Captain Crunch.

I got Porridge.

refined sugars cause lesions in the arteries. the bodies natural defense mechanism to repair the lesions - cholesterol. our medical solution to fix the problem, keep eating the crap and take a statin.

Sugar and a high carb intake will lead to complications down the road. I haven't eaten any cereal for many years now, I quit when I quit milk. I usually make a protein fruit drink in the Vitamix. I've drank (drunk) coffee for many years but don't think I've ever been addicted to it. These days I make my own and it's usually one doubleshot. I don't get the cafiene jolt like an espresso stand that way. I can skip a day anytime. I thought the "consensus" these days was coffee is good. For the time being anyway.

Forum List

Back