The World Loves Obama!

To all those who claim that the world hates Obama, and doesn't respect him, check out the crowd in Dublin!

Bush never got these adoring crowds during his trips overseas - they were huge crowds, but there to protest him!

:lol:

Sure and you know the world loves him......as well as the Irish. The bloke needs to stay overseas.

Let's trade leaders, shall we???

The Irish love the economic benefits that having a President with an Irish bloodline will bring them.

They love the PR that his visit generated.

They love the 'Obama Bounce' that his trip is bringing to their desperately cash-strapped country.

Nothing more.

You're absolutely incorrect on this. The last President the world loved was President Clinton. That guy walked in the the Indian Parliment and got a standing ovation. Indian politicans have trouble doing that. Why? Because President Clinton was fully engaged with the world. He showed respect and tried to understand the cultures of others. Fast foward to President George W. Bush. The world saw him as a lout and a pariah. Why? Because on the world stage he WAS a lout.

The difference between the two is like the difference between the way a liberal and conservative views the world. A liberal views the world as a vast challenging and interesting place. The conservative views the world as a threat.

I think the last American President that was truly loved overseas was JFK.

When it came to Britain it was Reagan.

Clinton had the capability of being loved but his weaknesses pretty much put the cabash on that.

Obama is not loved. The more he exposes himself to other countries the more they realize what a smart-ass he is. Some of our allies literally hate his guts.

Pakistan probably "hates" his guts. Other then that...I think our allies are heartened and refreshed by his take on the world.

Like I said..you guys view the world as a threat..and any compromise with it as "weakness".

Well so far two countries have been mentioned..Libya.. and Pakistan. It appeared to me from some recent news broadcasts that many if not most Libyians were clamoring for air strikes courtesy of our military even though we don't owe them a motherfucking thing. What Gadaffi thinks about Obama is irrelevant.

HMMMmmm...??? Pakistan...our great ally...Pakistan.... Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't our great ally Pakistan harboring most if not all of the terrorists that are murdering our troops in Afghanistan? Wasn't Pakistan giving safe haven to Osama Bin Ladin? In what sense should we consider Pakistan an ally? In what sense should we care what Pakistan thinks? Fuck Pakistan.

Any more?

Clinton had the capability of being loved but his weaknesses pretty much put the cabash on that.

Obama is not loved. The more he exposes himself to other countries the more they realize what a smart-ass he is. Some of our allies literally hate his guts.

Pakistan probably "hates" his guts. Other then that...I think our allies are heartened and refreshed by his take on the world.

Like I said..you guys view the world as a threat..and any compromise with it as "weakness".

Well so far two countries have been mentioned..Libya.. and Pakistan. It appeared to me from some recent news broadcasts that many if not most Libyians were clamoring for air strikes courtesy of our military even though we don't owe them a motherfucking thing. What Gadaffi thinks about Obama is irrelevant.

HMMMmmm...??? Pakistan...our great ally...Pakistan.... Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't our great ally Pakistan harboring most if not all of the terrorists that are murdering our troops in Afghanistan? Wasn't Pakistan giving safe haven to Osama Bin Ladin? In what sense should we consider Pakistan an ally? In what sense should we care what Pakistan thinks? Fuck Pakistan.

Any more?

Are we pretending that the US is dealing with Libya all by itself? Really? Honestly, we are fucking embarrassing sometimes. The airstrikes are not 'courtesy of our military', they are courtesy of NATO. A whole bunch of countries are doing it. Could we stop taking all the credit for everything? It makes us look ignorant and arrogant.

Any more?

Pakistan also authored the attack on the Taj..in Mumbai. You know? That place that Obama went to, at great personal risk, to show the Indians we support them?

Any more?

Are we pretending that the US is dealing with Libya all by itself? Really? Honestly, we are fucking embarrassing sometimes. The airstrikes are not 'courtesy of our military', they are courtesy of NATO. A whole bunch of countries are doing it. Could we stop taking all the credit for everything? It makes us look ignorant and arrogant.

What "credit" do you think I was attempting to "get" or "take"?

No..I/We was not implying any such thing. I didn't see Libyians whining about NATO not helping them...I am pretty sure all I saw in the reporting was Libyians specifically begging for help from the U S. I believe you missed my point which was a question in regards to what countries referenced in some of the previous replies hate Obama and specifically which of our allies literally hate Obama's guts.

Personally I believe we gave Libya more "help" than the fucking douche bags deserve..within the confines of the U N resolution..with or not in support of the NATO mission.

Maybe you could clear up what was going on in the British Parliament on Wednesday when Obama got a half hour plus standing ovation including screaming and cheering. It looked more like the Beatles airplane landing in New York and their performance in the Ed Sullivan Theatre than what one would expect from a country that thinks him a fool.

Maybe Obama can run for president of the European union once he's unemployed.

Contrary to popular belief (among the left), Obama is not 'loved' by the Europeans. They see him as a useful idiot. Only idiot lefties don't get that.

Western Europe loves leftist presidents no secret there and the people that view Obama as a "useful idiot are the radical islamists, ok so he gave the order to kill Osama, that’s great, but the islamist know they will have no better chance to further their aims then while Obama is president.

Maybe Obama can run for president of the European union once he's unemployed.

Contrary to popular belief (among the left), Obama is not 'loved' by the Europeans. They see him as a useful idiot. Only idiot lefties don't get that.

As opposed to Bush..who was just seen as an idiot?

That's your opinion.

Obama's reckless economic policies and his naivety gives them pause.

They probably figure that anyone who intentionally tries to destroy his own country's economy is ether a fool or a serious threat to the world economy. There is no way around this simple fact.

They feel that his college education made him into a naive ideologue with little or no common-sense.

And let's face it, none of them would trust him with their secrets.

Last edited:

Yes, I care about this subject enough to throw away my integrity.

When are you guys going to get over yourselves and realize that most of the world either doesn't care or doesn't like the President of the United States. The left has been interviewing Egyptians trying to get them to praise Obama and all they can say is negative things about the President. His speeches are empty rhetoric. etc.

I don't know why you insist on living in this fantasy world of your own creation but the truth is so much better. The truth can set you free. Make you happy. etc.

You're absolutely incorrect on this. The last President the world loved was President Clinton. That guy walked in the the Indian Parliment and got a standing ovation. Indian politicans have trouble doing that. Why? Because President Clinton was fully engaged with the world. He showed respect and tried to understand the cultures of others. Fast foward to President George W. Bush. The world saw him as a lout and a pariah. Why? Because on the world stage he WAS a lout.

The difference between the two is like the difference between the way a liberal and conservative views the world. A liberal views the world as a vast challenging and interesting place. The conservative views the world as a threat.

merkel-bush-shoulder-massage.jpg

Any more?

What "credit" do you think I was attempting to "get" or "take"?

No..I/We was not implying any such thing. I didn't see Libyians whining about NATO not helping them...I am pretty sure all I saw in the reporting was Libyians specifically begging for help from the U S. I believe you missed my point which was a question in regards to what countries referenced in some of the previous replies hate Obama and specifically which of our allies literally hate Obama's guts.

Personally I believe we gave Libya more "help" than the fucking douche bags deserve..within the confines of the U N resolution..with or not in support of the NATO mission.

Maybe you could clear up what was going on in the British Parliament on Wednesday when Obama got a half hour plus standing ovation including screaming and cheering. It looked more like the Beatles airplane landing in New York and their performance in the Ed Sullivan Theatre than what one would expect from a country that thinks him a fool.

Did we watch the same speech? I saw the standing O, but British PMs don't do 'screaming' and 'cheering'. I suspect it was dubbed for a US audience.... was it on MSNBC? :lol:

Oh, please. You don't give a shit about the Irish. You're throwing a tantrum because not everybody worships The One.

That's funny, because I'm pretty damn Irish! :lol:

So, no condemnation of Claudette's bigotry?

No enemies to the Right?

You're a good Party loyalist!
I guess you've missed all those times I've called out righties for homophobic and misogynistic statements. I tell them to leave that shit to the left.

But not this time.

Yes, I care about this subject enough to throw away my integrity.

When are you guys going to get over yourselves and realize that most of the world either doesn't care or doesn't like the President of the United States. The left has been interviewing Egyptians trying to get them to praise Obama and all they can say is negative things about the President. His speeches are empty rhetoric. etc.

I don't know why you insist on living in this fantasy world of your own creation but the truth is so much better. The truth can set you free. Make you happy. etc.

And yet, Bush has a standing invitation to visit the Queen, and many political leaders across Europe. Yea, they really see him as a 'lout' and a 'pariah'.

He isn't. Get over it.

This petty whining about Bush and Obama and who is more popular is pure fucking meaningless childishness.

That's funny, because I'm pretty damn Irish! :lol:

So, no condemnation of Claudette's bigotry?

No enemies to the Right?

You're a good Party loyalist!
I guess you've missed all those times I've called out righties for homophobic and misogynistic statements. I tell them to leave that shit to the left.

But not this time.
Coming from someone who's never criticized ANYONE on his side, your selective outrage is meaningless.

Any more?

The U.S. is pretty much NATO, when it comes to weapons and delivery systems. I believe the British ran low on missiles at one point. So, if we are not taking the lead, it pretty much doesn't get done.

What pisses me off is that the Saudi AF is not participating in strikes on Libya. They have been at odds with the Colonel for years. They also benefit greatly with his removal/death. One less stray cat from the corporate herd, and their rigged game. Saddam, now Kaddafi - better watch out, Hugo!

Any more?

The U.S. is pretty much NATO, when it comes to weapons and delivery systems. I believe the British ran low on missiles at one point. So, if we are not taking the lead, it pretty much doesn't get done.

What pisses me off is that the Saudi AF is not participating in strikes on Libya. They have been at odds with the Colonel for years. They also benefit greatly with his removal/death. One less stray cat from the corporate herd, and their rigged game. Saddam, now Kaddafi - better watch out, Hugo!

It is nothing short of ignorant to make such bullshit claims about the Libyan Airstrikes. The Brits, as is often the case, are doing more than their fair share, the French are participating... and a bunch of other countries... but, as always, we're so damned arrogant that we make it all about us.

Pathetic.

It is nothing short of ignorant to make such bullshit claims about the Libyan Airstrikes. The Brits, as is often the case, are doing more than their fair share, the French are participating... and a bunch of other countries... but, as always, we're so damned arrogant that we make it all about us.

Pathetic.
I didn't say they weren't doing their fair share. I said they were running low on missiles.

Now apologize.

Libya: Navy running short of Tomahawk missiles - Telegraph

Pathetic.
I didn't say they weren't doing their fair share. I said they were running low on missiles.

Now apologize.

Libya: Navy running short of Tomahawk missiles - Telegraph

So, you are denying that you said 'the US is pretty much NATO, when it comes to weapons and delivery systems'?

No, it is not. It is a whole group of countries, of which, we happen to be the biggest and wealthiest, and strongest militarily.

Grow up.

Forum List

Back