The Witcher (Netflix)

True, but unlike cable. everything is tracked on Netflix and the losers get cut. The Woke shit are the biggest losers. Shows like The Witcher - which are definitely not PC are the most watched.
I see stuff on all streaming services that I don't like so I don't watch it. It's that simple. Netflix carries over 6000 titles and they are changing all the time. I'm not sure exactly what Woke is but I'm sure Netflix has a lot of other stuff.

True, but unlike cable. everything is tracked on Netflix and the losers get cut. The Woke shit are the biggest losers. Shows like The Witcher - which are definitely not PC are the most watched.
I dropped them a while ago because of that for the most part, all the new shit they were dropping was just woke garbage and I had seen all the good content on the service I wanted. Might come back a bit for the second season of Witcher.

I need a good show to recover from the absolute hot garbage Amazon released with Wheel of Time. The travesty they are visiting upon that series is painful.

I dropped them a while ago because of that for the most part, all the new shit they were dropping was just woke garbage and I had seen all the good content on the service I wanted. Might come back a bit for the second season of Witcher.

I need a good show to recover from the absolute hot garbage Amazon released with Wheel of Time. The travesty they are visiting upon that series is painful.
HBO has a lot of good series some old and some new, for example Succession, Game of Thrones, The Wire, Deadwood, True Detective, The Newsroom, Sopranos, etc. HBO has been making series since 1983. There are hundreds of them but some are no longer available on HBO.

I thought Bosch and The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and one with Billy Bob Thornton on Amazon Prime were pretty good.

Last edited:

I stopped watching WoT to watch season 2 of The Witcher.

I finished season 1 of WoT last night. With so much material to draw from, how do the showrunners somehow make a show so empty?

I finished season 1 of WoT last night. With so much material to draw from, how do the showrunners somehow make a show so empty?
I'm at episode 6 season 1, the hunt for dragon. The different parts of story seem a bit disconnected but the show is finally getting more interesting. What I have wondered from the beginning is why is the Witcher running around looking for monsters to kill for a few coins. It doesn't seem like a good business. Also, what is this "Law of Surprise"?

They take a good, well built world and then change all the core basic events that make up the characters.

I get making changes as books are almost all internal dialogue and the screen is all external BUT you cant bake fundamental changes to the core makeup of a character and then expect them to properly perform in the same setting.

For anyone familiar with the work, the finale was a fucking travesty epic enough that I will more than likely cancel my damn membership. If this is the garbage they are going to continue to release....

They would have been far better off going much slower rather than trying to fit multiple books in one setting whilst rewriting all the core events.

I'm at episode 6 season 1, the hunt for dragon. The different parts of story seem a bit disconnected but the show is finally getting more interesting. What I have wondered from the beginning is why is the Witcher running around looking for monsters to kill for a few coins. It doesn't seem like a good business. Also, what is this "Law of Surprise"?
Well, there is a LOT of lore behind that series so there is a lot of information they really cannot fit into the character background in a manner that works for TV.

Well, there is a LOT of lore behind that series so there is a lot of information they really cannot fit into the character background in a manner that works for TV.
Well, I look it up. The Law of Surprise is a custom as old as humanity itself. The Law dictates that a man saved by another is expected to offer to his savior a boon whose nature is unknown to one or both parties. In most cases, the boon takes the form of the saved man's firstborn child, conceived or born without the father's knowledge.

They take a good, well built world and then change all the core basic events that make up the characters.

I get making changes as books are almost all internal dialogue and the screen is all external BUT you cant bake fundamental changes to the core makeup of a character and then expect them to properly perform in the same setting.

For anyone familiar with the work, the finale was a fucking travesty epic enough that I will more than likely cancel my damn membership. If this is the garbage they are going to continue to release....

They would have been far better off going much slower rather than trying to fit multiple books in one setting whilst rewriting all the core events.

While I very much dislike some of the changes (Women can be the dragon? The dragon might be split into multiple souls? That takes away the main threat of the dragon being a man, that he would be driven mad by the tainted power), I don't think they are to blame for the lack of depth. Maybe they are just trying to fit too much into too short a time frame, but the characters are so poorly developed that it's hard to empathize with any of them. I think it probably would have been better for chunks of the story to be cut out and worked around if they were going to go this far into the story in just a single season. Thom Merrilin, Padan Fain, those characters could have been taken out. It would be unfortunate not to have them, but you can't fit everything from a 14 book series into what is supposedly planned as an 8 season show, and they are characters that I think could be excluded without ruining the basic plot. As it stands, almost every character is little more than a shell of a person, so getting rid of some to flesh out the others would likely have improved things.

I agree, going slower and developing the characters, settings, and plot more deeply would have been better.

While I very much dislike some of the changes (Women can be the dragon? The dragon might be split into multiple souls? That takes away the main threat of the dragon being a man, that he would be driven mad by the tainted power), I don't think they are to blame for the lack of depth. Maybe they are just trying to fit too much into too short a time frame, but the characters are so poorly developed that it's hard to empathize with any of them. I think it probably would have been better for chunks of the story to be cut out and worked around if they were going to go this far into the story in just a single season. Thom Merrilin, Padan Fain, those characters could have been taken out. It would be unfortunate not to have them, but you can't fit everything from a 14 book series into what is supposedly planned as an 8 season show, and they are characters that I think could be excluded without ruining the basic plot. As it stands, almost every character is little more than a shell of a person, so getting rid of some to flesh out the others would likely have improved things.

I agree, going slower and developing the characters, settings, and plot more deeply would have been better.
I agree these epic fantasy adventure tales often pack too much in an episode leaving the viewers who have not read the books, scratching their head. I think there are about 7 or 8 books in The Witcher series. Hopefully, the powers that be do not stop at 3 or 4 seasons. 3 seems to be the magic number of seasons needed to sell the series.

Although the producers of Game of Thrones did a decent job in 7 seasons, it would have far better had HBO given Martin the 10 seasons he wanted.

Not a surprise.

They are lacking new content creation atm and several of their offerings have gone south. The best programming they have has been silent for a few years now.

I know I am also not alone in simply dropping them because several of the shows I did like went woke without cause.

Not a surprise.

They are lacking new content creation atm and several of their offerings have gone south. The best programming they have has been silent for a few years now.

I know I am also not alone in simply dropping them because several of the shows I did like went woke without cause.
I concur...

Just an FYI for those who start watching it.
The show has major time wraps(flashbacks) that are unannounced and confusing because no matter the decade they jump to the Witcher always looks exactly the same.
Can be really confusing till you catch on.
I think he is not suppose to age or ages very slowly due to his supernatural nature.

Not a surprise.

What shows? I can't say I've noticed that in what I watch from them, but we probably watch different things.

Not a surprise.

They just wrapped up Last Kingdom and I am not finding anything worthwhile to watch after that…

Forum List

Back