the window at the Ramsey house

jameson245

Jun 5, 2015
I have personally gone both in and out of that window. It is large enough for a normal person to go through, that's for sure. But I would note they would have left fiber evidence behind and it disturbs me that window well wasn't carefully processed after the crime. Unfortunately the police immediately went with the statistics that say children killed at home are usually the victims of domestic violence so didn't correctly process the scene.
Please note on the new tape released showing the cobweb in the window..... it was not a complete cobweb, clearly it had been disturbed. The fact that part of it remained there, in the lower corner of the window, means nothing. I have a cobweb outside my house now that is out of my reach. I have used a high power water hose on it and the *÷#$= thing is still clinging to the side of the house. I went through that window at the Ramsey house and I assure you after I passed through the well was still full of dirt, debris and... yes... COBWEBS!

post-57695-and-theres-nothing-I-can-do-ab-L0kQ.gif

Not really. I agree the police failed. And note that the parents did and had every right to insist to do so that the police only interview them together.

If you and your spouse are ever in trouble with the police, make sure your lawyers understand that the two of you will never consent to be interviewed alone.

The police and their lawyers will and threaten and poop in the corner, but there is nothing they can do about it. Nothing without invalidating any interrogation outside of that restriction.

It wasn't the first days, but later, in 1997, 1998 and 2000, they did give separate interviews that lasted for days. The 1997 interviews were not videotaped but the transcripts have been around. The 1998 interviews have had portions shown in documentaries, no station would ever show all, just too long. The 2000 interviews were part of the Chris Wolf lawsuit. Darnay Hoffman asked questions and he was BORG to the bone. He got nothing linking them to the crime.
The interviews the Ramseys refused to attend were designed to be rejected, imo. I mean, why would LE insist the interviews start late in the evening and go until they decided to end them? After spending days with the Ramseys before the funeral, they still had their cooperation, thebRamseys signed dozens of papers giving LE access to their medical records and more. Police even wanted to see their library and video store records.

Moonglow, I like your little clip. A better one might be from Dancing with Wolves where the insane commander tells Dunbar he had just wet his pants "and there's nothing anyone can do about it".

But here there IS something the public can do. They can refuse to let the lies stand that not only hurt innocent people but allow the killer to go unexposed. They can remind LE that investigations shouldn't be based on egos and political aspirations but on the evidence.

Jmo

Not really. I agree the police failed. And note that the parents did and had every right to insist to do so that the police only interview them together.

If you and your spouse are ever in trouble with the police, make sure your lawyers understand that the two of you will never consent to be interviewed alone.

The police and their lawyers will and threaten and poop in the corner, but there is nothing they can do about it. Nothing without invalidating any interrogation outside of that restriction.

If ever in trouble with the police, the only thing you EVER say is, "I decline to answer any questions without my attorney present." Never, ever, EVER talk to the police under any circumstances. There is no possible upside and all sorts of downsides.

It is a shame that we have to protect ourselves from those who are supposed to protect us.

If you WANT to make a statement to police, I advise you do it in writing. Write this statement alone, not with LE present. Take your time and put in as much detail as possible. Then make copies of it. Give a copy to LE. Have them submit questions in writing and repeat the process every time you give information. If they decide months later to revisit the subject with you, make another copy for them. Do not offer to go in for a chat but re-read your copy in case they insist. Time and forgetfulness is NOT your friend. This is a simple way to protect yourself.

Back to the window, most likely the point of entry, most assuredly the point of exit because a neighbor, Luther Stanton, heard what sounded like the grate being dropped back into its frame.

The glass had been broken months before by John Ramsey when he got locked out of the house. The housekeeper swept up the glass from the floor but did not remove most of the glass that remained in the window frame.
On Dec. 26, 1996, Fleet White found a piece of glass on the floor. It could have been knocked out by the intruder, but that isn't necessarily so. It could have been overlooked by the housekeeper (the basement was a mess, not usually part of her duties).
But what IS important is that the dirt and debris in the window was disturbed, likely that night. The photos are out there.

A note: having gone in and out the window, I would say people shouldn't look for a "clean sweep". There is a lipon the windowsill so any Iintruder had to lift his butt before moving into that basement room.

Forum List

Back