The Wilhelm Scream

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
*Warning*

Once you watch this vid and see all the movies this scream has been used in...you will forevermore hear it in any movie you watch in future, lol.

I'm watching The Two Towers (LOTR Trilogy) and just finished The Hobbit..and although I did not actually listen for it..when it happened...I had to laugh.

So...enjoy, and know you will hear it many times from now on...and when you snicker while at the movies and are looked at like you are insane because you laughed at someone getting killed or hurt...you can blame it all on me for making you aware of it subconsciously. :lol:

The Wilhelm scream is a stock sound effect of a man screaming that has been used in more than 360 movies and television episodes,[1] beginning in 1951 for the film Distant Drums.[2] The scream is often used when someone is shot, falls from a great height, or is thrown from an explosion, and is most commonly used in films and television.

Most likely voiced by actor and singer Sheb Wooley, the sound is named after Private Wilhelm, a character in The Charge at Feather River, a 1953 Western in which the character gets shot with an arrow.[3] This was its first use from the Warner Bros. stock sound library, although The Charge at Feather River is believed to have been the third movie to use the effect.[4]

The effect gained new popularity (its use often becoming an in-joke) after it was used in the Star Wars series, the Indiana Jones series, Disney cartoons, and many other blockbuster films, as well as many television programs and video games.[5]

Wilhelm scream - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back