The western media is anti-roma/gypsy

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
Yesterday I turned on the docu channel. And there was a docu about Roma Gypsies from Bulgaria. They are a certain tribe, I forgot what their name was, but a certain sub-group, and they organise bride markets, where a guy saves up to 10.000 $ to buy a woman. They said they are very strict, the parents force the daughters into marriage, if the prize is big enough. They also paint their faces with make up so they will look as if they have lighter skin, because they said males prefer light skinned girls. Also the woman must be virigin, if she is not virgin, no one other will marry her, and the guy who marries doesnt need to pay, because no other male will marry her. They said it is time, that the roma break with their traditions, and they had some roma feminists talking about it. That being said I agree with all that, but I must say that is a insignificant small group, a certain sub-group and the general roma dont do that at all. That they always portray roma as outcasts to civilisation, and either as like in this docu with bride market, and oppressing women, and such or as criminals, is anti-roma to me. Because I know roma in my family who work or who finished higher school and work and who dont arrange marriages at all. I know that like this. But I never saw a other portrayal of roma in the media. My mums brother step-son finished nursing college, now he works as nurse, and for serbian standards earns good, and finances rent for his own apartment, he is friends with all types of people not only roma. They could have interviewed such a guy, Im sure there are more such guys. Also I never hear or see when Roma get maltreated, or killed, or set on fire, I learn that only in roma social media operated by roma themselfes, or that a policeman killed roma for stealing trees in the wood, but probably they are just poor bastards who have no means of heating themselfes in winter, and the police killed a father and son for it. I learned that on roma media. Also I learned a romni is miss czech republic and now miss elegance in miss globe, and among top 15 of miss globe awards. That is also never in TV or mainstream media.

Yesterday I turned on the docu channel. And there was a docu about Roma Gypsies from Bulgaria. They are a certain tribe, I forgot what their name was, but a certain sub-group, and they organise bride markets, where a guy saves up to 10.000 $ to buy a woman. They said they are very strict, the parents force the daughters into marriage, if the prize is big enough. They also paint their faces with make up so they will look as if they have lighter skin, because they said males prefer light skinned girls. Also the woman must be virigin, if she is not virgin, no one other will marry her, and the guy who marries doesnt need to pay, because no other male will marry her. They said it is time, that the roma break with their traditions, and they had some roma feminists talking about it. That being said I agree with all that, but I must say that is a insignificant small group, a certain sub-group and the general roma dont do that at all. That they always portray roma as outcasts to civilisation, and either as like in this docu with bride market, and oppressing women, and such or as criminals, is anti-roma to me. Because I know roma in my family who work or who finished higher school and work and who dont arrange marriages at all. I know that like this. But I never saw a other portrayal of roma in the media. My mums brother step-son finished nursing college, now he works as nurse, and for serbian standards earns good, and finances rent for his own apartment, he is friends with all types of people not only roma. They could have interviewed such a guy, Im sure there are more such guys. Also I never hear or see when Roma get maltreated, or killed, or set on fire, I learn that only in roma social media operated by roma themselfes, or that a policeman killed roma for stealing trees in the wood, but probably they are just poor bastards who have no means of heating themselfes in winter, and the police killed a father and son for it. I learned that on roma media. Also I learned a romni is miss czech republic and now miss elegance in miss globe, and among top 15 of miss globe awards. That is also never in TV or mainstream media.

Ten dollars to buy a woman? Where do I find these ten dollar women? Can I try them before I buy them?

For that price, I might just get ten of them.

Ten dollars to buy a woman? Where do I find these ten dollar women? Can I try them before I buy them?

10 thousand but that is beside the point of this thread.

10 thousand what?

I don't hate gypsies but then, I've never seen one either.

10 thousand what?

You dont hate gypsies but the media is anti-gypsy, you can have a opinion if the media is anti-gypsy, consider everything I said and make up your mind if that is true. You dont need to have seen one, to make a conclusion.

10 thousand what?

You dont hate gypsies but the media is anti-gypsy, you can have a opinion if the media is anti-gypsy, consider everything I said and make up your mind if that is true. You dont need to have seen one, to make a conclusion.

All I've ever heard about Gypsies was that one song by Cher, and I don't like her very much because she's a liberal.

10 thousand what?

All I've ever heard about Gypsies was that one song by Cher, and I don't like her very much because she's a liberal.

Cher is Armenian. And I think her portrayal of Gypsies is also stereotypical, eventhough romanticised but that is also anti-gypsy. Im not a nomad or thieve or tramp.

10 thousand what?

Cher is Armenian. And I think her portrayal of Gypsies is also stereotypical, eventhough romanticised but that is also anti-gypsy. Im not a nomad or thieve or tramp.

Yeah, that song is pretty racist. But like I said, she's a political leftist, that's how they roll.

Forum List

Back