Why people mention the persecution of jews, the holocaust of jews or the slavery of african americans but never the injustice towards roma gypsies?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Speedy Gonzales
I think because they still think it was a good thing, i mean to persecute roma is a good thing right? Because they make a exception for roma, only for roma it is justified? Right? That is my impression from comments on forums, social media, or youtube, even on TV like some comedian in UK said "good thing they killed gypsies"

I mean ok its a joke, but really many people think that, actually it is their opinionn

I think because they still think it was a good thing, i mean to persecute roma is a good thing right? Because they make a exception for roma, only for roma it is justified? Right? That is my impression from comments on forums, social media, or youtube, even on TV like some comedian in UK said "good thing they killed gypsies"

I mean ok its a joke, but really many people think that, actually it is their opinionn

not really, morty. the roma have been prosecuted for centuries, and were treated harshly by the nazis. there were fewer of them, i suppose, and gypsies (is that an insult?) are, of course, too mobile to have neighbors...... there was no guestion of giving the roma their own country of course .

not really, morty. the roma have been prosecuted for centuries, and were treated harshly by the nazis. there were fewer of them, i suppose, and gypsies (is that an insult?) are, of course, too mobile to have neighbors...... there was no guestion of giving the roma their own country of course .
I think it was acknowledged i think in 1980 first time, that means long after the holocaust it was not acknowledged, it is only recently acknowledged really that there is a memorial service or something like not before 2008 or something. That tells you something, i dont speak of their own country at all, just to recognise that roma are humans, that it is wrong to kill them, and to acknwoldge genocide, and that it is wrong.

I don't know how many Romanis are in America but it does seem to be discussed in Europe. I found out because I had discussions a Romani female in another forum.

I don't know how many Romanis are in America but it does seem to be discussed in Europe. I found out because I had discussions a Romani female in another forum.
I think most of it is not really in mass media or by europeans but by roma themselfes, like in social media, roma news etc. roma run their own blogs, news, etc. sometimes a crime against a roma is reported, but not really widespread in the main news and in many channels etc. roma for example would take a video with their phone of it and spread it on facebook or twitter, but thats what roma themselfes people like me. The mass media is really a bit anti-roma in my opinion.

• Informative
Reactions: IM2
I think most of it is not really in mass media or by europeans but by roma themselfes, like in social media, roma news etc. roma run their own blogs, news, etc. sometimes a crime against a roma is reported, but not really widespread in the main news and in many channels etc. roma for example would take a video with their phone of it and spread it on facebook or twitter, but thats what roma themselfes people like me. The mass media is really a bit anti-roma in my opinion.
and they do live as nomads, and are very suspicious (and rightly so) of strangers so outsiders do not know much of them.

and they do live as nomads, and are very suspicious (and rightly so) of strangers so outsiders do not know much of them.
People know what media portrays of them, and it is not good or balanced, like of course they live as nomads in slums, in mudhuts etc. but many dont though, they could portray sometimes a roma who works in the mass media, i know a roma who is a city councellor in uk, i dont know if he was in mass media really like in many channels, and in main news, so many people would notice.

Yes from what I have learned, the media does have an anti Roma bias. Seems like it's real bad in the UK.

Get yourself educated Fatty .

David Cressy, George III Professor of British History Emeritus at The Ohio State University, is the author most recently of "Gypsies: An English History" (Oxford University Press, 2018).

Whenever I told anyone that I was writing a history of Gypsies they would offer an anecdote, a memory, or an opinion about modern Gypsies blighting the English countryside, begging and pick-pocketing in European cities, or otherwise causing a nuisance. The views I heard were largely hostile, a mixture of myths and confused impressions about traditional Romani Gypsies, Irish Travellers, and newly-immigrant Roma in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. Some also had romantic notions about Gypsy freedom and exotica, that made the Gypsies enviable and attractive, in galleries, boutiques, and fashion-styles with names like ‘The Gypsy’s Secret’.
Missing from popular notions is a sense of history. Too many of us have been persuaded that the Gypsies are a people without history, or outside of history, for whom the passage of time is irrelevant. A related idea, prevalent among some Romani activists, is that Gypsy history is complete, that enough is known about past persecutions, so that further research is unnecessary. The work presented in my new book, Gypsies: An English History, proves both propositions to be wrong. The history of Gypsies in England and Europe is closely bound up with social changes and the powers and policies of the state over several hundred years. Explorations in English archives yield dozens of fresh stories of interactions with Gypsies that require a reassessment of ideas about their visibility, status, identity, criminality, neighborliness, and victimhood. Gypsies are part of English history, and their treatment over time reveals much about that society’s dealings with its minorities.
Etc

etc

just a thought. we are all gypsies in space and time. most of us yearn for stability , "never without a thought of going home." but, of course, "you can never go home anymore."

merry christmas, fellow gypsy. may christopher bear you on your travels.

"No one remembers the Armenians" ... why would we remember the Roma ... it's not like their lands were stolen or anything ...

If all the Roma in Europe is dead, who cares? ... other than American Roma with Free Speech rights ... and gun rights ... that's the difference: 1930's Germany, no guns; 2020's USA, military grade semi-automatic machine guns ... where do Jews and Roma thrive? ... I've told you before, your appearance needs a Glock Model 15 on your hip ... "Roma with attitude" ...

Why Blacks are given felonies for things Whities only get warned for ... gun control ...

Forum List

Back