The "War Powers Act" is unconstitutional

R

rdean

Congress declares war.
The President is the Commander in Chief
There is a lot of wiggle room between those two positions.

Granada
Serbia
All the other places troops were sent under:
Carter
Reagan
Bush Sr.
Clinton
Bush Jr.

and only NOW are house Republicans freaking out?????

Then you have Republican Senators agreeing with the president. Lindsey Graham, McCain, and so on.

How many troops are in Libya??

Zero, oops.

Now get this. For years Republicans have been SCREAMING for the NATO Allies to "do something". Now they are taking the lead against Qaddafi with Obama providing drones and fuel, but not troops and Republicans are SCREAMING.

All the other places former Presidents sent troops where they actively "engaged" in combat and only now Republicans are SCREAMING.

What is SCREAMING is the "Double Standard". They would rather see America suffer economically rather than create a jobs bill that might help this president (no surprise there, no one can say Republicans want to help the middle class, who would believe it, it's just too far out there).

And now they are SCREAMING the president isn't following the constitution after not a "peep" from ALL the other times those other presidents sent in "combat troops".

I'm not saying ALL Republicans are against this president because he's black. Only about 90%. What else could it be?

Simple....Obama must Fail

Therefore Republicans must oppose EVERYTHING he does

Congress declares war.

Granada
Serbia
Carter
Reagan
Bush Sr.
Clinton
Bush Jr.

Then you have Republican Senators agreeing with the president. Lindsey Graham, McCain, and so on.

Zero, oops.

Now get this. For years Republicans have been SCREAMING for the NATO Allies to "do something". Now they are taking the lead against Qaddafi with Obama providing drones and fuel, but not troops and Republicans are SCREAMING.

All the other places former Presidents sent troops where they actively "engaged" in combat and only now Republicans are SCREAMING.

What is SCREAMING is the "Double Standard". They would rather see America suffer economically rather than create a jobs bill that might help this president (no surprise there, no one can say Republicans want to help the middle class, who would believe it, it's just too far out there).

And now they are SCREAMING the president isn't following the constitution after not a "peep" from ALL the other times those other presidents sent in "combat troops".

I'm not saying ALL Republicans are against this president because he's black. Only about 90%. What else could it be?

They even said that he is only wrong for not asking them, and had he asked them, they would have allowed it. He did nothing wrong except ask their permission.

The US has only formally declared war 5 times yet we have been involved in military conflict incessantly for most of our history.

Seems to me we have been acting unconstitutionally since the Constitution was adopted.

The War Powers Resolution Fraud

by Thomas E. Woods, Jr.

In the wake of the Vietnam War Congress passed the War Powers Resolution of 1973
. As the history books would have it, Congress thereby restrained presidential war powers and reasserted traditional congressional prerogatives in foreign policy as envisioned by the Constitution.

Not so. Not even close to being so.

Congress did pass the War Powers Resolution, to be sure. ...., the Resolution.... emboldened the president and codified executive warmaking powers that would have astonished the framers of the Constitution.

.....the framers resolutely opposed placing offensive war powers in the hands of the president, and deliberately assigned such authority to the legislative branch.

The War Powers Resolution does not restore the proper constitutional balance between president and Congress in matters of war. Consider first the resolution's provision that the president may commit troops to offensive operations anywhere in the world he chooses and for any reason without the consent of Congress, for a period of 60 days (though he must at least inform them of his action within 48 hours). After the initial 60 days he must secure congressional authorization for the action to continue. He then has another 30 days to withdraw the troops if such authorization is not forthcoming.

Congress declares war.

Granada
Serbia
Carter
Reagan
Bush Sr.
Clinton
Bush Jr.

Zero, oops.

Oh gawd, YAWN YAWN YAWN already. Again, WHERE ARE ALL THE ANTI-WAR PROTESTERS as they were with PRESIDENT BUSH. were they against him because HE WAS WHITE? Please get another line, your old standard it PATHETIC.

Congress declares war.

Granada
Serbia
Carter
Reagan
Bush Sr.
Clinton
Bush Jr.

Zero, oops.

rdean.. who exactly will be taking over in Libya if we blow up Mo? Who is our bombing benefiting? What's our goal in Libya?

Libya never attacked us!!!!

He's only making more Libyan!

Liberals are solidly behind Cheney and the PNAC!!!!

Obama is a warmonger!!!

Obama' cowboy diplomacy is making a mockery of the USA

Simple....Obama must Fail

Therefore Republicans must oppose EVERYTHING he does

Same question to you. Who takes over in Libya if Mo falls? What are the U.S goals in Libya? Who is it exactly that is receiving the benefit of our million dollar missiles?

I haven't seen anything indicating that 90% of repubs oppose the president because of his color. they're just sore losers. they hated bill clinton when he was in office, too. and last i checked, he's pretty fair skinned.

I haven't seen anything indicating that 90% of repubs oppose the president because of his color. they're just sore losers. they hated bill clinton when he was in office, too. and last i checked, he's pretty fair skinned.

Obama is Cheney's latest warmongering cowboy sock puppet

It is nice to see Rdean come to right side of this.

He has recognized that the SCOTUS came to the wrong decision in Kelo vs Connecticut, and even echoed Justice Thomas' position in the matter.

No we have him recognizing that the war Powers act was unconstitutional.

Pretty soon Rdean will no longer be a left wing loon, but will become an embarrassment for us on the right pretty much in the same manner as US Army Retired.

I can wait.

Come on to the Dark Side deany! We have cookies. (Oreos!)

Come-To-The-Dark-Side-We-Have-Cookies_1921-l.jpg

If I was a heroin addict during the Bush administration but decided to get off it and go to rehab during the Obama administration, would I be considered a Racist?

If I ran up my credit cards during the Bush Administration but decided to pay them off during the Obama administration, does that make me a Racist?

Hummm, well if I remember right, you were in Looooooove with President Bush when he was in office...

some of us have loooooong memories my dear jilly..:lol:

Forum List

Back