Leaving Afghanistan

noah22

Rookie
Jun 23, 2011
US financed and supported Taliban for many years and now face the consequences of that 'friendship.' Someone agrees, another denies but there is no mistaking the facts. Every attack in Afghanistan became available because US tried to talk and make arrangements with Taliban but failed. US Command is closing eyes at Taliban movement around the country and don’t believe in Karzai and reliability of his government. And now they even turn control of Afghanistan to the enemies... No one can and will protect the Afghans and the last pre-wedding shooting just another confirmation of that fact. So what was the point of pumping billions into that useless and as it seems lost war? To send our soldiers out to die? To retaliate upon the enemy for the 9/11? Recently Taliban announced that its attacks against US and loyal forces are going to be more intensive, so they warned the locals to stay away from Coalition’s positions. US and allies can do nothing there besides quitting destroyed Afghanistan and leave it for the enemy.

US financed and supported Taliban for many years and now face the consequences of that 'friendship.' Someone agrees, another denies but there is no mistaking the facts. Every attack in Afghanistan became available because US tried to talk and make arrangements with Taliban but failed.
You fucked-things-up, that badly.....or, is this one o' those "They say...."-factoids?

:eusa_eh:

Should've gotten out 9.5 years ago, but our 2 warmongering parties aren't big on short wars.

So what was the point of pumping billions into that useless and as it seems lost war? To send our soldiers out to die?.

I can not believe that you asked those questions...you are not a patriotic American.

The administration needed an excuse to transfer a gazillion dollars to the Milititary Industrial Complex (MIC)

Now if the MIC believes that they have not profited enough then we will experience yet another false flag operation to convince the zombified that we need to remain there for another 10 years.

And so it fucking goes.

We got Bin Laden so as far as I am concerned, time to get the hell out of there. It was a shit hole before we got there and it will be a shit hole when we leave.

Obama had no choice in the Afghanistan matter. Bush started it and he could not just end it. Obama did what he felt was right depending on the fact we were already in deep when he took office. He surge did not work because it ran the Taliban into Pakistan creating another problem. Cut our losses and get out as soon as possible and Obama has the support and let the chips fall as they may.
Afghanistan is home of the Taliban and they will come back when we leave and we cannot do a damn thing about. Taliban is not a separate group. They welcome the Taliban because they are family.
This entire war, Afghanistan and Iraq has been a waste of good money and young lives. American troops were use as sacrificial lambs sent to slaughter because the out come was already seen before hand. But lots of Bush cronies made lots of money off these war. Especially the Iraq war.
Middle east has a culture and religion that will take more than US to change.
Today was inevitable seen 10 years ago. We don't go into countries and try to change them and we will never learn. Who ask us for help?

My problem with the president's decision to pull out 30,000 troops is the timing. You don't do it in the middle of the fighting season over there, you wait until Feb - March to start doing it. To do it in Sept just before the election smacks of political rather than military reasons. Staying a few more months might help the Afghanis clear more areas in the east along the Pakistan border.

We got Bin Laden so as far as I am concerned, time to get the hell out of there. It was a shit hole before we got there and it will be a shit hole when we leave.

I agree with you, but of course, since Obama is saying lets pull out, the republicans are saying to stay. Its a sick game they play.

10 years is enough. Time to declare "mission accomplished" and get out. How do we ask Americans to make sacrifieces at home when we spend $1 billion a week in Afghanistan?

10 years is enough. Time to declare "mission accomplished" and get out. How do we ask Americans to make sacrifieces at home when we spend $1 billion a week in Afghanistan?

This was a botched operation from the word "Go". We never should have been there in the first place (Bush's fault), and we never should have upped our ante (Obama's fault). Get all of our troops and all of our money out ASAP, I say.

This was a botched operation from the word "Go". We never should have been there in the first place (Bush's fault), and we never should have upped our ante (Obama's fault). Get all of our troops and all of our money out ASAP, I say.

Correction.....

This was a botched operation from the word "Go". We never should have been there in the first place (CONGRESSES FAULT), and we never should have upped our ante (CONGRESSES FAULT). Get all of our troops and all of our money out ASAP, I say

But I still disagree with what you say....I just wanted to correct who you blamed.

We needed to enter Afghanistan to ensure homeland security. I am not in the mood to debate my sentiments.....but that is what I pay our government to do...protect us

Correction.....

This was a botched operation from the word "Go". We never should have been there in the first place (CONGRESSES FAULT), and we never should have upped our ante (CONGRESSES FAULT). Get all of our troops and all of our money out ASAP, I say

But I still disagree with what you say....I just wanted to correct who you blamed.

We needed to enter Afghanistan to ensure homeland security. I am not in the mood to debate my sentiments.....but that is what I pay our government to do...protect us

As with most things, the sitting President, gets the blame as he is the CiC. While Congress may "allow" such operations, it falls to the CiC to say "go". Afghanistan posed no threat to us, just as with Iraq.

Should've gotten out 9.5 years ago, but our 2 warmongering parties aren't big on short wars.
PLEASE!!!

The majority of American-PEOPLE were fuckin' PUMPED, FOR WAR!!!!

It had ZERO, to do, with Parties....much like any garden-variety lynch-mob; Pro-War vs. Anti-War....and, too-many people thought it was "hip" to be Pro-War!! (...Especially since all the dyin' was gonna be done by volunteers.)

The American-people were suckered by Chickenhawks...who were finally in a position to prove their manhood....with other-peoples' kids....as would be expected....again.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2JvLzb6OG8]YouTube - ‪Joseph Wilson on Mass Destruction & The Bush Administration‬‏[/ame]

Maybe....in another 20 years....when Corporate America decides we need another War....there'll be enough Anti-War people to override the next-Generation o' testosterone-powered Glory-freaks....who decide we need to thin-out the population....in other-peoples' families, of course.​

Correction.....

As with most things, the sitting President, gets the blame as he is the CiC. While Congress may "allow" such operations, it falls to the CiC to say "go". Afghanistan posed no threat to us, just as with Iraq.

A-stan was harboring those that wanted to attack us...so A-Stan was our enemy.

As for the other part....you are actually incorrect....as based on what you say, then the blame should really go on the general that gave the go ahead..and maybe the field general that siad "move forward"...or maybe the Lty. Col....etc.

The CiC can only do what congress tells him to do as it pertains to war declaration.

And if congress says to declare war...HE CAN NOT SAY HE DOESNT WANT TO.

Congress is to blame.

You mean 13-14 years because Obama is STARTING to take out pathetic numbers for campaign season (yes he's using the Troops) and said we will be there until sometime in 2014... But hey, it's only extending the war by a third (maybe more), you're on board lol!

Last edited:
So what was the point of pumping billions into that useless and as it seems lost war? To send our soldiers out to die?.

I can not believe that you asked those questions...you are not a patriotic American.

The administration needed an excuse to transfer a gazillion dollars to the Milititary Industrial Complex (MIC)
....Not-to-mention the $ource of The DICK; Cheney's deferred-compensation!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJlJudDtVE]YouTube - ‪Iraq for Sale Banned Excerpts‬‏[/ame]​

Last edited:
My problem with the president's decision to pull out 30,000 troops is the timing. You don't do it in the middle of the fighting season over there, you wait until Feb - March to start doing it.
I think it's fairly-safe to assume he IS listening to "the Generals"....after seeing what happened to Lil' Dumbya....who was counseled by an ex-flight-instructor!!!

rummfinger.jpg

Be honest here, dont you think that war would be over if we didnt divert everything into the iraq war?

I really say that war would have been over a long time ago. Bush went of the rails by going to war with a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. No one will ever be able to explain that one away and we are paying for it ten years later still.

We need to bring-back...

If that's what it takes, for people to think 2...3...4 times, before pulling-the-pin on a War, maybe that'd be the lesson we'd have learned from the present-ones.

We owe SOME KIND OF LESSON-LEARNED, to the people who've died (and, the ones maimed), in the current-conflicts....especially after the number o' times they'd been recycled, until they got "broken".​

Last edited:

Be honest here, dont you think that war would be over if we didnt divert everything into the iraq war?

I really say that war would have been over a long time ago. Bush went of the rails by going to war with a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. No one will ever be able to explain that one away and we are paying for it ten years later still.

Just to correct your obviously and expectedly partisan statement....

" No one will ever be able to explain that one away "

It hs been explained many times and many of us understand and accept that explanation...you just prefer to ignore it.

And BTW....it was Congress that sent us to war in Iraq...not Bush.

Forum List

Back