The War on Christmas...

Hobbit said:
All of you keep talking like it's no big deal. However, let's take a religious belief each of you hold dear, like evolution. What if a bunch of Christians started suing to have it taken out of any public places. Publicly funded museums, schools, parks, public buildings, anything publicly owned was fair game. Then, whenever you started screaming about how evolution's being supressed, we just say, "So what's keeping you from believing it in your own home, huh?" It's utter bullcrap. You're pissing down my back and telling me it's raining and, frankly, I'm insulted that you think I'd believe it.
Evolution is in museums, parks, public buildings, and other publicly owned properties? Museums, maybe, but in amounts FAR less than Christian items would be found. Schools would be the only place I could imagine you might have a point. Do schools that teach religion alongside the regular curriculum not get any public funding in the US?

HorhayAtAMD said:
Evolution is in museums, parks, public buildings, and other publicly owned properties? Museums, maybe, but in amounts FAR less than Christian items would be found. Schools would be the only place I could imagine you might have a point. Do schools that teach religion alongside the regular curriculum not get any public funding in the US?

religion is not allowed to be taught in public schools

where are there christian items on publicly owned properties?

Back and forth, back and forth. It's pretty obvious by now how likes and dislikes Christmas and Christians on this board now.

Mr. P, MissleMan, and BullyPulpit appear to be the leaders of this merry band of Christian hating heathens here. It's also clear that they will argue that there is "no war against Christmas" even though within the last ten years all Christian activities connected with Christmas have been wiped out of the public square, from government property, and forced out of the schools. And according to the Christmas haters here, I'm supposed to believe that this all has happened just accidently. That there is no one bitching that it's religous, and they want it all to go away. That the aclu has NOT been at war with Christianity.

This is all so overwhelmingly absurd. I have NOT HEARD "Merry Christmas" in ONE RADIO AD. I have NOT SEEN or HEARD "Merry Christmas" in ONE TV AD. I've noticed that very few houses have Christmas lights, and even fewer have Christmas decorations. Christmas is being increasingly and systematically expunged from everything business and public. And for anyone to come here and try and tell my it isn't, I have only one thing to say to you...

YOU'RE FUCKING CRAZY AND A LIAR.

Pale Rider said:
Back and forth, back and forth. It's pretty obvious by now how likes and dislikes Christmas and Christians on this board now.

Mr. P, MissleMan, and BullyPulpit appear to be the leaders of this merry band of Christian hating heathens here. It's also clear that they will argue that there is "no war against Christmas" even though within the last ten years all Christian activities connected with Christmas have been wiped out of the public square, from government property, and forced out of the schools. And according to the Christmas haters here, I'm supposed to believe that this all has happened just accidently. That there is no one bitching that it's religous, and they want it all go away. That the aclu has NOT been at war with Christianity.

This is all so overwhelmingly absurd. I have NOT HEARD "Merry Christmas" in ONE RADIO AD. I have NOT SEEN or HEARD "Merry Christmas" in ONE TV AD. I've noticed that very few houses have Christmas lights, and even fewer have Christmas decorations. Christmas is being increasingly and systematically expunged frome everything business and public. And for anyone to come here and try and tell my it isn't, I have only one thing to say to you...

:thewave:

Pale Rider said:

Mr. P, MissleMan, and BullyPulpit appear to be the leaders of this merry band of Christian hating heathens here. ....
I make ONE post to this thread with my opinion that there is an “extreme” element out there with an agenda, and you call me a Christian hater?

Let me make this clear Pale, I don’t hate Christians, and I don’t hate Christmas. I do dislike extremists both left and right using the public by any means to promote their agenda though.

Mr. P said:
I make ONE post to this thread with my opinion that there is an “extreme” element out there with an agenda, and you call me a Christian hater?

Let me make this clear Pale, I don’t hate Christians, and I don’t hate Christmas. I do dislike extremists both left and right using the public by any means to promote their agenda though.

I like you...however you do come across that way...from time to time! Sometimes a guy must take a stand...something must have happened during your life to make you fight within your own soul on this issue...would you like to share it with us? :beer:

Pale Rider said:

Mr. P, MissleMan, and BullyPulpit appear to be the leaders of this merry band of Christian hating heathens here. It's also clear that they will argue that there is "no war against Christmas" even though within the last ten years all Christian activities connected with Christmas have been wiped out of the public square, from government property, and forced out of the schools. And according to the Christmas haters here, I'm supposed to believe that this all has happened just accidently. That there is no one bitching that it's religous, and they want it all go away. That the aclu has NOT been at war with Christianity.

This is all so overwhelmingly absurd. I have NOT HEARD "Merry Christmas" in ONE RADIO AD. I have NOT SEEN or HEARD "Merry Christmas" in ONE TV AD. I've noticed that very few houses have Christmas lights, and even fewer have Christmas decorations. Christmas is being increasingly and systematically expunged frome everything business and public. And for anyone to come here and try and tell my it isn't, I have only one thing to say to you...

In your typical fashion, you leap to assinie conclusions based on your delusional interpretation of what's going on. You insist that anyone who doesn't share your delusions is an extremist leftie heathen who's out to get you and the things you care about.

None of us has said anything anti-Christian or anti-Christmas in this thread. All we've said is that we think that you and some of the other posters are OVER-REACTING to what's happening.

You've got your panties in a bunch because you're not getting an exclusive anymore.

NEWSFLASH! Christianity isn't the ONLY religion practiced in this country. The Christian God isn't the ONLY god worshipped. Christmas isn't the ONLY holiday celebrated in the December/January holiday season. If stores want to use an INCLUSIVE greeting (and whether you want to admit it or not, it INCLUDES Christmas) like Happy Holidays, SO WHAT?

Now I reckon that this is going to be construed in your delusion as an anti-Christian post. You need to seek some professional help.

Mr. P said:

You did fine job bashing Christmas and Christians that wanted it to remain as it has for centuries in the other thread P, what the hell difference does it make what thread it's in? C'moooon....

MissileMan said:
In your typical fashion, you leap to assinie conclusions based on your delusional interpretation of what's going on. You insist that anyone who doesn't share your delusions is an extremist leftie heathen who's out to get you and the things you care about.

None of us has said anything anti-Christian or anti-Christmas in this thread. All we've said is that we think that you and some of the other posters are OVER-REACTING to what's happening.

You've got your panties in a bunch because you're not getting an exclusive anymore.

NEWSFLASH! Christianity isn't the ONLY religion practiced in this country. The Christian God isn't the ONLY god worshipped. Christmas isn't the ONLY holiday celebrated in the December/January holiday season. If stores want to use an INCLUSIVE greeting (and whether you want to admit it or not, it INCLUDES Christmas) like Happy Holidays, SO WHAT?

Now I reckon that this is going to be construed in your delusion as an anti-Christian post. You need to seek some professional help.

Pale is entitled to his opinion as are you...me thinks you are the one with his panties in a bunch! :cof:

MissileMan said:

No? You're in here SUPPORTING the bullpulit man and his Christmas bashing article. So what the fuck about that MM? You've said NOTHING in SUPPORT of Christmas.

MissileMan said:

You're completely off track here junior. You're twisting and turning the issue of the attack on Christmas into something about every other religon on earth, and it's not. That's what liberals do MM. The old shuck and jive routine. What pisses you guys off so much about me is I see right through your little liberal games and call it like it is.

MissileMan said:

No one needs my help to see your anti Christmas/Christian attitude. You display that quite well all on your own.

Get help? Was that supposed to make me laugh? Or was that just a feeble attempt at sarcasm?

in a local city hall there is a menorah and a christmas tree and a kwanza display.....no nativity scene....i say that christian symbols are not being displayed for the holidays!

at my son's school....they sing kwanza songs, dradel songs and jingle bells but not silent night....i say that christians are not being treated fairly.

i demand reparations!

manu1959 said:
in a local city hall there is a menorah and a christmas tree and a kwanza display.....no nativity scene....i say that christian symbols are not being displayed for the holidays!

at my son's school....they sing kwanza songs, dradel songs and jingle bells but not silent night....i say that christians are not being treated fairly.

i demand reparations!

being a vet I want my share for the Crusades!

Pale Rider said:
You did fine job bashing Christmas and Christians that wanted it to remain as it has for centuries in the other thread P,....
Nope don't think so, show me.

The thing is you and some others are so blindly passionate about your views/opinions on certain subjects, anything contrary is taken as an affront to them. It’s not normal, IMO.

Pale Rider said:
No? You're in here SUPPORTING the bullpulit man and his Christmas bashing article. So what the fuck about that MM? You've said NOTHING in SUPPORT of Christmas.

There wasn't anything remotely Christmas bashing in Bully's first post in this thread. If anything, it was a bash on nut-jobs, past and present, who cry "war on Christmas".

Pale Rider said:
You're completely off track here junior. You're twisting and turning the issue of the attack on Christmas into something about every other religon on earth, and it's not. That's what liberals do MM. The old shuck and jive routine. What pisses you guys off so much about me is I see right through your little liberal games and call it like it is.

Nope, I hit it right on the head. This is about Christian unwillingness to share air time with anything non-Christian. I've heard it a thousand times...read it on this board several times too. "Christianty is the only true religion". Along with it goes, "Christmas is the only true holiday". :blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

manu1959 said:

i demand reparations!

If what you say is true, it's not right.

MissileMan said:
If what you say is true, it's not right.

it is true and in more cites than you think.....and in other cities it is the exact opposite....extream views are wrong and over compensating out of guilt will also get you in trouble

Mr. P said:
Nope don't think so, show me.

The thing is you and some others are so blindly passionate about your views/opinions on certain subjects, anything contrary is taken as an affront to them. It’s not normal, IMO.

you still did not answer my question...why are you so bitter? Normal is in the eye of the beholder...why or what caused you to have this opinion...please explain...just one vet to another...what did you see that I missed? however ya said ya missed the VN war by a hair...so what did you see that I missed?
Something must have put ya on this track...I would really like to know! :bye1:

Mr. P said:
That's because you didn't have a question, Arch. You made a lame ass statement. :rolleyes:

me thinks ya spent way too much time listening to the whirl of the blades...fixed wing is my venue...carry on CWO or is that I wannabee Mr.Acceptable?

Forum List

Back