The War on Christmas...

MissileMan said:
An individual whacko here or there does not constitute a conspiracy. Can you post some links to ACLU lawsuits to have Christmas removed from retail outlets or other forms of private property? You say above, that you've seen them...show me.

Looks like you've got some fellow heathen Christian haters here MM, and I suppose that's good enough for you to rehash your own brand of Christmas bashing again aye.

MissileMan said:
An individual whacko here or there does not constitute a conspiracy. Can you post some links to ACLU lawsuits to have Christmas removed from retail outlets or other forms of private property? You say above, that you've seen them...show me.

Look at my post again. Did I say, "I've seen lawsuits removing Christmas from retail outlets." Of course not, because I haven't. Said suits would have no grounds. However, with the ACLU constantly suing anyone with Christmas anywhere near public property, they're pressuring everyone to go more P.C., which, in turn, causes retail outlets to embrace this madness.

All of you keep talking like it's no big deal. However, let's take a religious belief each of you hold dear, like evolution. What if a bunch of Christians started suing to have it taken out of any public places. Publicly funded museums, schools, parks, public buildings, anything publicly owned was fair game. Then, whenever you started screaming about how evolution's being supressed, we just say, "So what's keeping you from believing it in your own home, huh?" It's utter bullcrap. You're pissing down my back and telling me it's raining and, frankly, I'm insulted that you think I'd believe it.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
rtwngAvngr said:
It is actually. You want to present any perception of anti christian bias in the U.N. as some sort of conspiracy theory. It begs the question: WHat is the attitude of the U.N. towards religion?

SO now that i have proved supreme relevancy, will you just answer the question?

Since the conspiracy theory in question is now nearly 50 years old, no it doesn't.

Hobbit said:
Look at my post again. Did I say, "I've seen lawsuits removing Christmas from retail outlets." Of course not, because I haven't. Said suits would have no grounds. However, with the ACLU constantly suing anyone with Christmas anywhere near public property, they're pressuring everyone to go more P.C., which, in turn, causes retail outlets to embrace this madness.

All of you keep talking like it's no big deal. However, let's take a religious belief each of you hold dear, like evolution. What if a bunch of Christians started suing to have it taken out of any public places. Publicly funded museums, schools, parks, public buildings, anything publicly owned was fair game. Then, whenever you started screaming about how evolution's being supressed, we just say, "So what's keeping you from believing it in your own home, huh?" It's utter bullcrap. You're pissing down my back and telling me it's raining and, frankly, I'm insulted that you think I'd believe it.

No, but you did say that you're "...seeing lawsuits to get it supressed."

:link:

BATMAN said:
Take Christ out of Christmas, that's fine.

Put Santa on a noose, and you're totally out of line.

The world we live in. :huh:

It is funny. We would be better off without this Santa myth, especially when it overshadows the ideal of celebrating the birth of the Prince of Peace.

Bullypulpit said:
No, but you did say that you're "...seeing lawsuits to get it supressed."

:link:

It's a war against Christianity and what it represents, Bully. Do you see any other religions being restricted. It represents a tradition and establishment that "rebels" love to attack until they realize that their biggest enemy is themselves.

Bullypulpit said:
It is funny. We would be better off without this Santa myth, especially when it overshadows the ideal of celebrating the birth of the Prince of Peace.
We ?????????? Who the hell are you talking about we, Tonto??????

• Thanks
dilloduck said:
We ?????????? Who the hell are you talking about we, Tonto??????

Really. All the sudden mr. "I hate goodness" cares about the purity of christmas. Queerer than a cat fart, if you ask me.

rtwngAvngr said:
Really. All the sudden mr. "I hate goodness" cares about the purity of christmas. Queerer than a cat fart, if you ask me.
LOL poor bully slipped up. I can see him now :bang3:

Hobbit said:

You like to make shit up and call it fact. I asked you to link some of these suppressive lawsuits and you go on a tirade because you have none. Acting indignant isn't going to get you off the hook to back up your statement. In other words, start linking or start retracting.

rtwngAvngr said:

What leads you to believe I "hate goodness". The last time I heard something that silly was in Dan Ackroyd's and Tom Hanks' remake of "Dragnet"

Bullypulpit said:
What leads you to believe I "hate goodness". The last time I heard something that silly was in Dan Ackroyd's and Tom Hanks' remake of "Dragnet"

Yes. PAGAN. People Against Goodness And Normalcy. That's you man!

Bullypulpit said:
The only slippery thing here is your grasp on reality. ;)

Possibly if secularists would lose the idea that Santa Claus repesents anything other than a saint who gave children toys during Christmas, Christianity would be better off.
hey dude--Christmas looks like a cool idea
cool-------Let's horn in on the celebration even though we don't believe
anything it stands for.

rtwngAvngr said:
Yes. PAGAN. People Against Goodness And Normalcy. That's you man!

No need to worry Bully...unless he starts insisting that you're both Agent 69! :laugh:

Pale Rider said:
It was mine. It was a quote from the movie "The Outlaw Josey Wales". I just might re-enter it in my signature again. It's timeless, pithy, and doesn't leave one trying to figure out what it means.

And it was a perfect example of an expression to use in reference to this thread Hobbit. Nice going brother.

I have to agree with Josey Wales on this one ..... :laugh: If this wasn't an extension of the larger war being waged against Christianity, it would hardly be a topi, now would it?

IMO there is no “war” against Christmas, but there is a “war” by the Extreme Christian right to inject “their” religion into schools and anywhere in public they can. This “war on Christmas” campaign is just a clever cover for their true intent.

Don’t believe that? Pastor XXXXXXX has a message for Americans when it comes to celebrating Christmas this year: You're either with us, or you're against us. Interesting isn’t it?

Anyone care to guess before you check the links?
I'll give you a clue, if he and his could establish a Christain theocracy they would.

http://jillian.dailykos.com/story/2005/11/21/82252/978

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/11/20/MERRY.TMP

Mr. P said:
IMO there is no “war” against Christmas, but there is a “war” by the Extreme Christian right to inject “their” religion into schools and anywhere in public they can. This “war on Christmas” campaign is just a clever cover for their true intent.

Don’t believe that? Pastor XXXXXXX has a message for Americans when it comes to celebrating Christmas this year: You're either with us, or you're against us. Interesting isn’t it?

Anyone care to guess before you check the links?
I'll give you a clue, if he and his could establish a Christain theocracy they would.

http://jillian.dailykos.com/story/2005/11/21/82252/978

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/11/20/MERRY.TMP

I have to disagree that there are not those out to destroy any and everything Christian, and/or all evidence thereof.

Christian extremists who try to shove God down everyone's throats are every bit as stupid and fanatical as those who want to erase Him from existence.

I can only marvel that these two groups at opposite ends of the spectrum get as much attention as they do.

it is this simple: if you can't say merry christmas don't take the day off and don't expect any presents.

• Thanks

Forum List

Back