The War on Christmas...

Max Power said:
If you OWN the courthouse, then yes.
It wouldn't really be a courthouse if you owned it, though...

it warm until manu gets back from domestic duties...about the same as the 9th Circuit Court of BS! They claim to own Justice with a little help from the Communist ACLU! :dev2:

manu1959 said:
what rules could those possibly be? i thought freedom to practice religion and freedom of expression were guaranteed rights? just like the one to not be forced to put up a nativity scene or to protest the war?

so are you now for rules to prevent things you don't like or others complain about?

do iget to make a rule for my city no protesting the war because it upsets me and makes it hard for me to get to work and threatens my saftey when i walk from the train station to my office?

Does your grandmother own the property? If so, then she is perfectly within her rights to put up a display, unless she has signed some form of neighborhood association policy that forbids it. MY freedom of religion would not give me the right to put a nativity scene on YOUR lawn if I were so inclined.

As I said, I need more info in order to make a decision about whether your Grandmother is being treated unfairly.

MissileMan said:
Does your grandmother own the property? If so, then she is perfectly within her rights to put up a display, unless she has signed some form of neighborhood association policy that forbids it. MY freedom of religion would not give me the right to put a nativity scene on YOUR lawn if I were so inclined. .

Funny how people don't understand this.

Hobbit said:
You've been begging for a link, and I have one from the ACLU's web site where they sued on behalf of a single resident of a town to have a nativity and menorah display removed from the front lawn of the city hall, and the ACLU never does anything once. If I had time to waste, I could probably dig up at least a dozen similar cases.

http://www.aclu.org/religion/gen/16093prs20031222.html?ht=christmas christmas
This would be an example of the ACLU's war on having governments endorse religion, not an example of the ACLU's war on all things Christian everywhere. Were the ACLU trying to stop individuals from displaying nativity scenes on their own private property while ignoring individuals who display menorahs, I don't think you would find a single person in this thread who wouldn't speak out against it.

You can disagree with the lengths to which the ACLU is trying to banish all things religious from all public places (as I do, I think they have gone to extremes) but no one has yet been able to convince me that the ACLU is specifically picking on Christians. There are more examples of Christians being affected by the ACLU's efforts to banish religion only because there are so many more examples of Christian displays in public places. Your link above shows that Judaism certainly isn't safe from the ACLU but that hardly means that the ACLU has a war out specifically against the Jews.

MissileMan said:
Does your grandmother own the property? If so, then she is perfectly within her rights to put up a display, unless she has signed some form of neighborhood association policy that forbids it. MY freedom of religion would not give me the right to put a nativity scene on YOUR lawn if I were so inclined.

As I said, I need more info in order to make a decision about whether your Grandmother is being treated unfairly.

she owns the dirt

MissileMan said:

however, you could write CC&Rs to prevent me from putting one on my own lawn.....and somehow that is ok.....

manu1959 said:
however, you could write CC&Rs to prevent me from putting one on my own lawn.....and somehow that is ok.....

No, I don't believe I could. As a matter of fact, if you and I were neighbors in a neighborhood without a homeowners association, and you owned your house, there wouldn't be a damned thing I could do (not that I would) to cause a legal(non-obscene) religious display on your lawn to be removed.

MissileMan said:
No, I don't believe I could. As a matter of fact, if you and I were neighbors in a neighborhood without a homeowners association, and you owned your house, there wouldn't be a damned thing I could do (not that I would) to cause a legal(non-obscene) religious display on your lawn to be removed.

not true.....my brothers neighborhood in hollywood did it.....passed cc+r's on existing homeowners.....i will try and find a link for you

rtwngAvngr said:
As a fourteen year old would say "good one.... not".

Love that rapier-like wit and snappy repartee. You're also clearly out of touch with modern culture. The rejoinder "...Not..." has been out of vogue for some time now.

Mr. P said:
I make ONE post to this thread with my opinion that there is an “extreme” element out there with an agenda, and you call me a Christian hater?

Let me make this clear Pale, I don’t hate Christians, and I don’t hate Christmas. I do dislike extremists both left and right using the public by any means to promote their agenda though.

PR's innane, peurile remarks are best ignored, which is why he's on my "ignore" list. BTW, I agree with your statement wholeheartedly.

Bullypulpit said:
Love that rapier-like wit and snappy repartee. You're also clearly out of touch with modern culture. The rejoinder "...Not..." has been out of vogue for some time now.
So are you gonna answer the question, which is relevant despite your tantrum: What is the attitude of the U.N. towards religion?

HorhayAtAMD said:
This would be an example of the ACLU's war on having governments endorse religion, not an example of the ACLU's war on all things Christian everywhere. Were the ACLU trying to stop individuals from displaying nativity scenes on their own private property while ignoring individuals who display menorahs, I don't think you would find a single person in this thread who wouldn't speak out against it.

You can disagree with the lengths to which the ACLU is trying to banish all things religious from all public places (as I do, I think they have gone to extremes) but no one has yet been able to convince me that the ACLU is specifically picking on Christians. There are more examples of Christians being affected by the ACLU's efforts to banish religion only because there are so many more examples of Christian displays in public places. Your link above shows that Judaism certainly isn't safe from the ACLU but that hardly means that the ACLU has a war out specifically against the Jews.

The war is against religion and Chistianity is taking most of the hits because its the one most practiced and tolerated (NOT ENDORSED ). I have NEVER heard any elected official tell me what religion I have to be and if I did , I would ignore him as an idiot. The ACLU is not stupid--If they were to take on ALL religions at the same time they would be met with mich more resistance. They like the divide and conquer method better. All communists have always attacked all religions.

Bullypulpit said:
I already did.

Really? I went through the entire thread and found where you supposedly answered the question:

This is what you said:
"Since the conspiracy theory in question is now nearly 50 years old, no it doesn't."

Before that you said:
(Here I paraphrase): That is not an issue here.

Those two posts were how you "addressed" the question. It seems that you are avoiding answering his question as you may not be as educated on the subject as you hope to portray by posting one silly article then making sarcastic and caustic little remarks throughout.

The question was posed to you three times now.

What is the current attitude of the UN toward Christianity?

If you don't have the knowledge to converse on a subject whose natural progress would return us to the present and begin conversation about the UN and Christianity then why did you begin the conversation?

bullypulit said:
PR's..., ... he's on my "ignore" list.

Well I'll be... a Christmas present from the USMessageBoard. :dance:

Thank God for small favors.

bullypulit said:
Clearly, the excrement backed up in your colon has reached the point that your eyes are brown.

And pulit, your comments are SOOOO much more... INTELLIGENT, than my "inane, puerile remarks"... :rotflmao:

And it's spelled "puerile" pulit. Your "intelligence" must have slipped there... LMFAO!

no1tovote4 said:
Those two posts were how you "addressed" the question. It seems that you are avoiding answering his question as you may not be as educated on the subject as you hope to portray by posting one silly article then making sarcastic and caustic little remarks throughout.

Oh gee no1tovote4... pulit making sarcastic remarks? REALLY? He doesn't do that does he? :rotflmao:

If this board was to name a person our micheal moore, pulit would be it. They're both ultra liberal zealots, and they both bloviate and lie.

New Topics

Forum List

Back