The Wall

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
Besides Bohemian Rhapsody..........The Wall is probably the most notible piece of rock music of the 20th century.

I'm no Deadhead, Stoner, or Headbanger...........I prefer dance music on the disco/techno side of things.
But this..........I've never been able to get enough of this song.

The only other rock song that tops this for me, is Comfortably Numb. Gawd.......what that song does to me...........

When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse
out of the corner of my eye.

I turned too look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now...the child is grown, the dream is gone.

The Wall was about Roger Water's contempt for the audience.
Waters fired the keyboardist Richard Wright after the album was finished.
Eventually Gilmore, Mason and Wright kicked Waters out of the band.
It is one of the worst band feuds ever.

Besides Bohemian Rhapsody..........The Wall is probably the most notible piece of rock music of the 20th century.

I'm no Deadhead, Stoner, or Headbanger...........I prefer dance music on the disco/techno side of things.
But this..........I've never been able to get enough of this song.

The only other rock song that tops this for me, is Comfortably Numb. Gawd.......what that song does to me...........

You got to be fucking shitting me! The Wall wasn't half of what Dark Side was.

My Top 5 concerts of alltime:
  1. 1980 Bruce Springsteen River tour
  2. 1975 Led Zeppelin at the LB Arena
  3. 1976 Black Sabbath at the LB Arena
  4. 1975 Emerson, Lake and Palmer
  5. 1978 J Gail's Band at the Sports Arena.

The Wall was about Roger Water's contempt for the audience.
Waters fired the keyboardist Richard Wright after the album was finished.
Eventually Gilmore, Mason and Wright kicked Waters out of the band.
It is one of the worst band feuds ever.

I think you got some of that wrong.

According to "A Saucer Full of Secrets" by Nicholas Schaffer, the band was on agreement on firing Richard Wright during the Wall production, because at that point, the guy was so fucking high on drugs he couldn't work.

The line in "Nobody Home" - "I've got nicotine stains on my fingers, I have a silver spoon on a chain, I have a grand piano to prop up my mortal remains" was a direct reference to Wright's drug issues. And this wasn't a small thing to Waters and Gilmour, Syd Barrett had pretty much self destructed due to his drug issues. (Barrett would die in 2006 and Wright in 2008).

Mason and Gilmour didn't kick Waters out of the band, they all split up to pursue solo products. But then Gilmour realized he couldn't sell anything without the Pink Floyd label on it. So they sued Waters over the use of the name.

And frankly, anything they did without Waters was kind of crap.

Forum List

Back