The wall will never be built for a variety of reasons, but even if it miraculously got built...

...then what?

Do republicans just have this delusion that it will turn America into some magical utopia? Let’s take the fantasy further and pretend that the wall would reduce illegal immigration from Mexico to 0% and we magically deported all undocumented immigrants. Then what? What the fuck do republicans expect to happen? More jobs? The unemployment rate is what, 4% now? Why would businesses nationwide collectively say “well all those illegals that I chose to hire to begin with are gone. I guess I’ll start paying my employees more out out of the kindness of my own heart. My profit margins are of course less important than that.”

It’s amazing what simple reasoning will get you.

Of course, we know the wall won’t be built. Hell, Trump had two years to do that with a republican Congress and his dumbass still failed.

1. Illegal immigration drops enormously. Agents and money is transferred from the border to finding illegals inside the country.

2. As labor oversupply dries up, employers are forced to increase wages due to supply and demand, not the "Goodness of their hearts".

3. Crime drops. Communities flourish as resources are spent on AMERICANS, instead of Mexicans.

4. You can shove your spin up your ass.

For me, it’s not about stopping Mexicans from coming here. We need them and they are welcome, but we need to have a prescribed path for entry, documentation and citizenship. An open border where anybody can wander across is worse than a wall.

There are simple ways of increasing boarder security with out one monolithic wall which will expensive to build and expensive to maintain... Yes Barriers are needed in populated areas but in desserts electronic surveillance is more effective.

A wall will actually increase the amount undocumented in US. The wall will be like a tax for undocumented workers.

The best way to control this is to control demand.

I don't have a problem with what you have proposed. I actually agree with you. The only real difference is the open nature of the guest worker program. It should be tied to a U.S. employer requesting seasonal work or limited types of work.

You would agree that the highest traffic area is South Texas, right? That area is 500 miles closer to Guatemala and the other Central American Countries than any other part. We have almost NO barrier and that is not rough terrain. At least that area should have a strong, continuous barrier.

Also, Mexico could be a better neighbor, but I agree that we should make a better effort to help them, IF that help is reciprocated.

If an illegal immigrant really wants in and makes the however far trip to make the attempt, then a wall isn't going to stop them. However, a wall will slow down and re-direct many to a point of entry. To do nothing and keep the status quo isn't working.
and we can at least start with this area:
View attachment 275562
look how close that is to the central America shit holes.

And roger.
Went to South Tx at the first of the month. Padre Island, and a few other places checking on old friends, did some fishing and bought some shrimp. While I was at a store waiting to checkout the guy behind me, with a very heavy mexican accent, was giving the illegals hell. He, apparently, immigrated the right way and even stated that a 50 foot wall needs to be built "right down de middle of de Rio Grande."
When your own people hate when you cheat, then something is wrong.

For me, it’s not about stopping Mexicans from coming here. We need them and they are welcome, but we need to have a prescribed path for entry, documentation and citizenship. An open border where anybody can wander across is worse than a wall.

There are simple ways of increasing boarder security with out one monolithic wall which will expensive to build and expensive to maintain... Yes Barriers are needed in populated areas but in desserts electronic surveillance is more effective.

A wall will actually increase the amount undocumented in US. The wall will be like a tax for undocumented workers.

I don't have a problem with what you have proposed. I actually agree with you. The only real difference is the open nature of the guest worker program. It should be tied to a U.S. employer requesting seasonal work or limited types of work.

You would agree that the highest traffic area is South Texas, right? That area is 500 miles closer to Guatemala and the other Central American Countries than any other part. We have almost NO barrier and that is not rough terrain. At least that area should have a strong, continuous barrier.

Also, Mexico could be a better neighbor, but I agree that we should make a better effort to help them, IF that help is reciprocated.

I'm curious as to what more the United States can do in order to make a better effort to assist our neighbors to the south.
Only recently has the Mexican government done any type of migrant control, and that was after President Trump threatened them with tariffs. It seems to me to be a little to late. How many illegal immigrants are here already? I know the number 11 million has been batted around for the last decade or so???

Some 20k are arrested at the border every month but how many actually get through? I bet its a much higher number than 20k .... How many went back on their own? Bet its not near as many coming north.

...then what?

Do republicans just have this delusion that it will turn America into some magical utopia? Let’s take the fantasy further and pretend that the wall would reduce illegal immigration from Mexico to 0% and we magically deported all undocumented immigrants. Then what? What the fuck do republicans expect to happen? More jobs? The unemployment rate is what, 4% now? Why would businesses nationwide collectively say “well all those illegals that I chose to hire to begin with are gone. I guess I’ll start paying my employees more out out of the kindness of my own heart. My profit margins are of course less important than that.”

Of course, we know the wall won’t be built. Hell, Trump had two years to do that with a republican Congress and his dumbass still failed.

1. Illegal immigration drops enormously. Agents and money is transferred from the border to finding illegals inside the country.

2. As labor oversupply dries up, employers are forced to increase wages due to supply and demand, not the "Goodness of their hearts".

3. Crime drops. Communities flourish as resources are spent on AMERICANS, instead of Mexicans.

Lol um it would still cost billions to be able to round them up and it of course wouldn’t be paid for with any revenue.

What the fuck are you talking about? You’re just saying crap that sounds good but lacks any actual relevance. How would any of that happen just because illegals were gone?

Crime among illegals is a much lower rate than the general population. Why? Because any crime they commit exposes their status. Also, what are you even basing that on? What resources?

All you bleeding heart cheap bastard liberals would demand a wall if the money to support illegals was coming out of your pockets.
Why do you assume liberals don’t pay taxes? Of course we do. Luckily for the illegals, businesses give them jobs. Where is your outrage over that?

and we can at least start with this area:
look how close that is to the central America shit holes.
Unfortunately that won't be enough. The Hispanics are breeding like rabbits and that will still make whites a minority in America. We really need to castrate the Hispanics, but Dems will fight against that.

...then what?

Lol um it would still cost billions to be able to round them up and it of course wouldn’t be paid for with any revenue.

What the fuck are you talking about? You’re just saying crap that sounds good but lacks any actual relevance. How would any of that happen just because illegals were gone?

Crime among illegals is a much lower rate than the general population. Why? Because any crime they commit exposes their status. Also, what are you even basing that on? What resources?

1. Money well spent. INdeed, better spent than anything else the government is doing.

2. Because of supply and demand. Less supply of labor, leads to an increase is price, ie wages.

3. Yeah, I call bullshit.

...then what?

1. Money well spent. INdeed, better spent than anything else the government is doing.

2. Because of supply and demand. Less supply of labor, leads to an increase is price, ie wages.

Um no because the unemployment rate is still 4%.

...then what?

And finally, the lower end wages are starting to rise.

Let's keep doing more of that. For the next 50 years.

...then what?

And finally, the lower end wages are starting to rise.

Let's keep doing more of that. For the next 50 years.
Um yeah barely. They are still way behind on the cost living.

No doubt there is a better way to secure the border. But a wall is Trump’s way. The problem has been swelling for years. Obama, Bush and Clinton all acknowledged the problem, they just didn’t solve it.

...then what?

And Trump will never win. :auiqs.jpg:

Are you not smart enough to realize they didn't have enough votes to do anything? You are, but you're being purposely disingenuous.

...then what?

Are you not smart enough to realize they didn't have enough votes to do anything? You are, but you're being purposely disingenuous.
So the measure of a good president isn’t about congressional support huh? How convenient you have this philosophy now and not when Obama was president.

...then what?

So the measure of a good president isn’t about congressional support huh? How convenient you have this philosophy now and not when Obama was president.

The TDS is getting progressively worse with you.

All you bleeding heart cheap bastard liberals would demand a wall if the money to support illegals was coming out of your pockets.
Why do you assume liberals don’t pay taxes? Of course we do. Luckily for the illegals, businesses give them jobs. Where is your outrage over that?
You're not a liberal. Quit misappropriating my moniker, commie.

...then what?

The measure of a good president is many things. The first, and immediately disqualifying if failed, is NOT BEING A FUCKING COMMIE!

Obama failed the first measure.

Forum List

Back