The Wall Comes Crashing Down - GOP insiders predicting Obama Victory

like what?

Like the banking system for one, but really the whole damned set of paradigms currently passing as smart economics.

Oh, I know that currently the insiders are planning on bailing out the banks in the hopes that the band will play on while they find some safe harbors for their cash, but there really are no safe harbors, so that strategy is not going to work much longer.

Sooner or later the insiders (worldwide) are going to come to realize that they cannot continue getting richer and richer by dominating governments and raping the working classes.

Eventually they're recognize, as their grandfathers did in the last great worldwide depression, that there has to be a balance between what the working class makes and what the master class are making.

Sooner or later some clever economist is going to prove that there is a direct connection between profits on Wall Street and a healthy economy on Maine street.

Sooner or later some clever economist is going to prove that over inflated stock prices (or real estate prices, or bond prices or any prices of investments of any kind) are just as disruptive (and inflationary) to a healthy economy as the cost of labor climbing too quickly.

Sooner or later somebody is going to realize that just as we need capital ready willing and able to invest in new projects and new industries, so too do we need a healthy and well educated and basically happy working class ready willing and able to become part of the new economies that are going to become a continuous development of this highly technical and rapidly changing world.

We keep stop applying the rules of scarcity to our economy when in fact our economy is more often screwed up by abundance than by scarcity.

This is the 21st century, not the 15th and the cooner we recognize that fact, the sooner we can rethink the social contract which is a tad outdated and cuasing us these boom and bust cycles.

Time to rethink nearly everything we think we know about economics.

the answers to our problem will NOT be found by studying the economic thoughts of people like Adam Smith, folks.

He was right for his time and his economy, but there is damned little economic similarity between his 18th century and our 21st.

Last edited:
Yes. I'm talking about 2010.

Obama is a very weak politician. He's the most inexperience politicians in more than a hundred years to run for President. Furthermore, he flip-flops on major issues to get votes. He should be easily manipulated if he wins.

A weak politician? Really? He is somehow the "most inexperienced politician to run in more than a hundred years", but is going to win anyway, and that makes him weak? That makes him damned skilled at what he does.

The Clinton machine, as you call it, only works if there is a spoiler candidate like Ross Perot.

So who exactly was the spoiler candidate in 1996 when Clinton won with 49.24% of the vote?

:clap2:

A weak politician? Really? He is somehow the "most inexperienced politician to run in more than a hundred years", but is going to win anyway, and that makes him weak? That makes him damned skilled at what he does.

So who exactly was the spoiler candidate in 1996 when Clinton won with 49.24% of the vote?

:clap2:

Obama is at the right place at the right time, just like he was when he ran for Senator. GWB has made a mess of things and the economy is suffering. Frankly, I'm surprised the election has been so close. However, I fully expect a one-sided victory for Obama. Maybe he truly is the Messiah:

Is Barack Obama the Messiah?

The spoiler candidate in 1996 was - Ross Perot! Of course, you knew that, but for some reason you think that Bill Clinton won it all on his own. He didn't even get 50% of the vote.

Obama is at the right place at the right time, just like he was when he ran for Senator. GWB has made a mess of things and the economy is suffering. Frankly, I'm surprised the election has been so close. However, I fully expect a one-sided victory for Obama. Maybe he truly is the Messiah:

Actually even before the economy was tanking, Obama was winning. And the economy tanking has nothing to do with Obama coming from behind to beat Hillary in the primaries.

And no. The only people saying Obama is the messiah seem to be Republicans.

The spoiler candidate in 1996 was - Ross Perot! Of course, you knew that, but for some reason you think that Bill Clinton won it all on his own. He didn't even get 50% of the vote.

So Ross Perot was a spoiler candidate...but yet if you added up Perot's total votes and Doles total votes, they still wouldn't have added up to Clintons.

So explain to me, please, how he spoiled anything? Even if (and this is a HUGE if) all of Perots votes had gone to Dole, Clinton still would have won.

Forum List

Back