The violence Beck caused

he shota democrat on purpose.

He railed against the government.

He talked of the gold standard and disliked our current monitary system.

He talked about people not speaking english where he lived.

He lived is a state that has had massive poltical upheaval surrounding immigrants of latino desent.

To pretend there was nothing political about his insane rants is just not honest.

So, you're saying Obama lied?

I so did not see that coming.

The poor sick kid ranted things from very right wing proponents.

I am not saying any sane and reasonable right leaning people added to this madness, I am saying ther is plenty of evidence the fringe right wing zealots contributed to this with their constant hate spew.

You claim you want 'civil' debate. Why the hell do you constantly ignore any questions or facts that do not suit you?

Why does your title blame Beck when the links you provide state very clearly that he listened to a lot of right wing radio?

Why did you lie about Beck?

You do you constantly lie about being honest?

No I am not saying Obama lied.

Where does that reasoning come from?

I am not saying any sane and reasonable right leaning people added to this madness, I am saying ther is plenty of evidence the fringe right wing zealots contributed to this with their constant hate spew.

Try left wing.

There is only one side that is anti government

There is only one side who talks of the gold standard needing to return.

There is only one side who thinks we should ban spanish laguage in our country.

There is only one side that talks about arming up to protect these ideas.

There is only one side that is anti government

There is only one side who talks of the gold standard needing to return.

There is only one side who thinks we should ban spanish laguage in our country.

There is only one side that talks about arming up to protect these ideas.

The right are not anti government. We are anti big government. There is a difference. This is why I have issues with you. It is why I label you a liar. The claims you make about us are simply not true.

If one were to follow your premise TDM then by all rights we should be chest deep in the bodies of the slain.

After all there are loads of people who listen to Rush, Beck, Ingram, Malkin. Levin and any other right wing talk show host you want to name.

Kinda funny. The only people doing the killing seem to be the Mentally Disturbed.

From what I understand Lauder didn't watch TV or listen to the radio. He did however read Marxist books.

Kinda throws your theory out the window there TDM.

This violence can be stopped to some extent.

If we ALL keep our discussion of the facts Free of violent imagery and use FACTS to build our cases for what we believe.

Let your arguement win the day and do not try to use intimidaing launguge to win the day.

If your arguement can stand on its own you need no threats implied.

The insistance on the right to refuse to temper their debate with logic and facts in place of this imagery tells me even they dont think their logic and facts are enough for their ideas to prevail.

Last edited:

He lived is a state that has had massive poltical upheaval surrounding immigrants of latino desent.

To pretend there was nothing political about his insane rants is just not honest.

I only see one question cali.

This violence can be stops to some extent.

If we ALL keep our discussion of the facts Free of violent imagery and use FACTS to build our cases for what we believe.

Let your arguement win the day and do not try to use intimidaing launguge to win the day.

If your arguement can stand on its own you need no threats implied.

The insistance on the right to refuse to temper their debate with logic and facts in place of this imagery tells me even they dont think their logic and facts are enough for their ideas to prevail.

Given your "vision", how do your comments in this and other threads support it?

Don't bother answering - it's a rhetorical question.

I only see one question cali.

I see that you have selective blindness.

I've written more than one post in this thread.... and most of them include questions. Perhaps you should read, comprehend and respond.... then people wouldn't be so pissed at you. You only ever respond to the questions that suit you. I am not stupid. I see how you dodge questions you don't like. I find that disingenuous.

I dont know , I have never listened to him

And therein lies your problem. You don't listen to anyone that you don't agree with. Apparently, you don't fear them, so why won't you ever listen to another viewpoint?

For starters, you entitled this thread 'The Violence Beck Caused'. The article you linked to said this guy listened to Beck and named several other right wing sources that he allegedly listened to. How then do you know it was Beck that 'caused' the violence? I referanced the article titleWhy not one of the others?I referance the article titile Why not a general accusation against right wing rhetoric? I referanced the article titileNo. You deliberately focused on one. Why? Why Beck?

I referanced the article titile

Extremism.... is not right wing. Extremism is on both sides. I could say much the same thing about you. Your constant inability to see any other view than your own is mindnumbingly frustrating. You refuse to deal with any facts that don't fit your view. You refuse to see your own 'lies'.

Supposed, for the sake of argument, you drove one of the left wing posters on here over the edge with your constant bullshit. And that poster went and got a gun and shot someone.... then they told the world that you were responsible. Would you be responsible? I would say no. You would have to say 'yes'.

If I referance violent action I would bear some responsibility.

I dont

Extremism.... is not right wing. Extremism is on both sides. I could say much the same thing about you. Your constant inability to see any other view than your own is mindnumbingly frustrating. You refuse to deal with any facts that don't fit your view. You refuse to see your own 'lies'.

Supposed, for the sake of argument, you drove one of the left wing posters on here over the edge with your constant bullshit. And that poster went and got a gun and shot someone.... then they told the world that you were responsible. Would you be responsible? I would say no. You would have to say 'yes'.

If I referance violent action I would bear some responsibility.

I dont

And, exactly where, in context, does Beck advocate violent action? And I do not mean one sentence. I mean a regular drip feed of encouraging people to commit violence? I'll wait. I want proof of a regular factual incitement to violence. Because that is what incitement means. That is what hate speech is. It is a regular, continual, constant push for violence.

And... again... Why do you single out Beck? The article states a variety of sources but you accuse Beck alone. Why?

What bothers me is to the degree you blame Beck, you excuse Loughner. He made his own decions and did his own thing independtly even if Beck were calling for Jihad against all unbelievers of the Beck Gospel. Which given his usual attitude of comic opera is silly. Beck spends most of his time lampooning self inflated messiahs.

In the course of discussion on all kinds of matters, metaphor and hyperbole are normal. Automatic pistols are not.

The guy didn't read much or listen much to TV or radio. There is no sign he listend to Beck or Schultz or Rhodes or Rush or Levin or Lykis. It was not the public discourse which set him off, but his own demons in his own weak head.

Forum List

Back