2012 Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Glad to see the far righty fakies like bigrebnc and CaliGirl whining here.

I want MR to win in such a way that he can shake you folks loose afterwards.

He is not going to win it by hiding away.

And the mental midgets like you do not help him with your lies.

Then give us some. Specific examples.

A Romney supporter wouldn't be asking such a question

No, but a member of the ObamaNation's borg would. Jokey shows his true colors. Biden lied, intelligent people know this. And... better still... his agressive asshole facade did not play well with the undecideds... and both sides really need those undecideds.

Nah, you are being intellectually lazy again to share your "homework" with us.

You are merely sharing your "feelings".

Hey, it is your right, but don't hide it behind "homework" cause there isn't any.

Then it is your opinion, without value, as usual.

Do you own homework, Jake, just like I did, it's not that hard. It's there, you just need to Google it.

No, it's not my opinion, it was from my homework on it, Jake.
Just don't blow it off because your too lazy to look for yourself, it's there and it's not my opinion.

Now that there is time to go back and review the points made by Biden and Ryan under all of Biden's rude and disrespectful theatrics, even the leftwing media doing fact checking this time seem to have a whole lot more problems with the veracity or accuracy of a whole bunch more of what Biden said than with what Ryan said.

I haven't scored it point by point, but I think Ryan won based on points made even if you take away all of Biden's boorishness.

Biden did what he had to do, and you yell at him for it.

Remember our side's disgraceful performances in the Town Hall meetings in 2009?

Glad to see the far righty fakies like bigrebnc and CaliGirl whining here.

I want MR to win in such a way that he can shake you folks loose afterwards.

He is not going to win it by hiding away.

And the mental midgets like you do not help him with your lies.

A Romney supporter wouldn't be asking such a question

No, but a member of the ObamaNation's borg would. Jokey shows his true colors. Biden lied, intelligent people know this. And... better still... his agressive asshole facade did not play well with the undecideds... and both sides really need those undecideds.
I wasn't whining I was pointing out that a Romney supporter would not ask another Romney supporter the question that you asked.

BIDEN: TKO. Romney looked ill in a picture of him in front of the TV, he didn't expect to watch Biden demolish the Ryan boy.

Interesting. While I disagree with many of Ryan's policies, I felt he came off as a professional and confident leader, while Biden acted clownish and at times, ridiculous...and embarrassing. Who laughs that much when discussing some of the most serious issues our country faces? Anyway, I disagree with your assessment.

Do you remember the brouhaha that was made because liberals said Romney "smirked" as he left stage when commenting on what happened in Libya? One brief facial expression that could have just been relief to be done with the speech or seeing someone he liked and that was blown into this huge thing by progressive "smear artists" like Lakhota and his gang.

But now you've got Joe Biden laughing his ass off for much of an hour and a half as some very serious issues are being discussed but THAT isn't seen as a problem by the left at all. I seriously have to shake my head in disbelief sometimes at the double standard that conservatives find themselves operating under.

I am question the whining and two-sided, unethical behavior of two-sided, unethical whiners like bigrebnc and his ilk.

After MR wins, we are going to replace you parasites with conservative democrats.

Biden did what he had to do, and you yell at him for it.

Remember our side's disgraceful performances in the Town Hall meetings in 2009?

Jake defending biden and questioning Romney supporters, Does that sound like a Romney supporter too anyone?

I believe Jake is paid by somebody to derail threads like this. The best remedy for Jake is to completely ignore his comments and don't allow him to derail it or start the food fights he is attempting to start. Sufficiently ignore him and he eventually goes away. Continue to comment on his posts and it just encourages more of the same.

Biden was an ass and used a LOT of misinformation in between his crude and boorish behavior. Oldstyle is correct that Romney was accused of a 'smirk' in one point in the last debate. If you watch the playback, it is damn hard to find, but I suppose it is possible to see pretty much what you want to see when you go into the process already convinced you don't like somebody.

I honestly don't know how anybody with any sense of character or fair play could defend Biden's behavior in Thursday night's debate though.

Foxfyre, you are sounding weirder all the time, and that is a shame.

I am paid by no one. I said before the debate that Biden would be over the top, because he had to be to put a stop to that type of narrative. He succeeded.

The best remedy for your silliness is that you wake up and stare reality in the eyes.

Most Americans despise the far right and libertarians' philosophies.

You don't like it? Take your own advice. But you won't. However, work for a Romney victory without your libertarian weirdness.

Last edited:
Thus, they were excused in advance to what you weren't going to like about Biden three years later?

The shoe either fits both feet or neither feet.

543375_509811502372128_1154577867_n.jpg

Now that there is time to go back and review the points made by Biden and Ryan under all of Biden's rude and disrespectful theatrics, even the leftwing media doing fact checking this time seem to have a whole lot more problems with the veracity or accuracy of a whole bunch more of what Biden said than with what Ryan said.

I haven't scored it point by point, but I think Ryan won based on points made even if you take away all of Biden's boorishness.

y4296.gif

It is quite funny to see libs and similarly irrational people desperately wanting to believe that the hideous performance by Joe Smirks Biden was somehow a "win."

To even make that claim one has to get down to TderpM's level of cred.

It is quite funny to see libs and similarly irrational people desperately wanting to believe that the hideous performance by Joe Smirks Biden was somehow a "win."

To even make that claim one has to get down to TderpM's level of cred.

Or yours.

By Matt Taibbi

I've never thought much of Joe Biden. But man, did he get it right in last night's debate, and not just because he walloped sniveling little Paul Ryan on the facts. What he got absolutely right, despite what you might read this morning (many outlets are criticizing Biden's dramatic excesses), was his tone. Biden did absolutely roll his eyes, snort, laugh derisively and throw his hands up in the air whenever Ryan trotted out his little beady-eyed BS-isms.

But he should have! He was absolutely right to be doing it. We all should be doing it. That includes all of us in the media, and not just paid obnoxious-opinion-merchants like me, but so-called "objective" news reporters as well. We should all be rolling our eyes, and scoffing and saying, "Come back when you're serious."

The load of balls that both Romney and Ryan have been pushing out there for this whole election season is simply not intellectually serious. Most of their platform isn't even a real platform, it's a fourth-rate parlor trick designed to paper over the real agenda – cutting taxes even more for super-rich dickheads like Mitt Romney, and getting everyone else to pay the bill.

The essence of the whole campaign for me was crystalized in the debate exchange over Romney's 20 percent tax-cut plan. ABC's Martha Raddatz turned the questioning to Ryan:

More: The Vice Presidential Debate: Joe Biden Was Right to Laugh | Matt Taibbi | Rolling Stone

Joe Biden Was Right to Laugh

I've never thought much of Joe Biden. But man, did he get it right in [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3roG09O6T4"]last night's debate[/ame], and not just because he walloped sniveling little Paul Ryan on the facts. What he got absolutely right, despite what you might read this morning (many outlets are criticizing Biden's dramatic excesses), was his tone. Biden did absolutely roll his eyes, snort, laugh derisively and throw his hands up in the air whenever Ryan trotted out his little beady-eyed BS-isms.

But he should have! He was absolutely right to be doing it. We all should be doing it. That includes all of us in the media, and not just paid obnoxious-opinion-merchants like me, but so-called "objective" news reporters as well. We should all be rolling our eyes, and scoffing and saying, "Come back when you're serious."

The load of balls that both Romney and Ryan have been pushing out there for this whole election season is simply not intellectually serious. Most of their platform isn't even a real platform, it's a fourth-rate parlor trick designed to paper over the real agenda – cutting taxes even more for super-rich dickheads like Mitt Romney, and getting everyone else to pay the bill.

The essence of the whole campaign for me was crystalized in the debate exchange over Romney's 20 percent tax-cut plan. ABC's Martha Raddatz turned the questioning to Ryan:

MS. RADDATZ: Well, let's talk about this 20 percent.

VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN: Well – (chuckles) –

MS. RADDATZ: You have refused yet again to offer specifics on how you pay for that 20 percent across-the-board tax cut. Do you actually have the specifics, or are you still working on it, and that's why you won't tell voters?
Here Ryan is presented with a simple yes-or-no answer. Since he doesn't have the answer, he immediately starts slithering and equivocating:

REP. RYAN: Different than this administration, we actually want to have big bipartisan agreements. You see, I understand the –

"We want to have bipartisan agreements?" This coming from a Republican congressman? These guys would stall a bill to name a post office after Shirley Temple. Biden, absolutely properly, chuckled and said, "That'd be a first for a Republican congress." Then Raddatz did exactly what any self-respecting journalist should do in that situation: she objected to being lied to, and yanked on the leash, forcing Ryan back to the question.

I'm convinced Raddatz wouldn't have pounced on Ryan if he hadn't trotted out this preposterous line about bipartisanism. Where does Ryan think we've all been living, Mars? It's one thing to pull that on some crowd of unsuspecting voters that hasn't followed politics that much and doesn't know the history. But any professional political journalist knows enough to know the abject comedy of that line. Still, Ryan was banking on the moderator not getting in the way and just letting him dump his trash on audiences. Instead, she aggressively grabbed Ryan by his puppy-scruff and pushed him back into the mess of his own proposal:

MS. RADDATZ: Do you have the specifics? Do you have the math? Do you know exactly what you're doing?

So now the ball is in Ryan's court. The answer he gives is astounding:

REP. RYAN: Look – look at what Mitt – look at what Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neill did. They worked together out of a framework to lower tax rates and broaden the base, and they worked together to fix that. What we're saying is here's our framework: Lower tax rates 20 percent – we raise about $1.2 trillion through income taxes. We forgo about 1.1 trillion [dollars] in loopholes and deductions. And so what we're saying is deny those loopholes and deductions to higher-income taxpayers so that more of their income is taxed, which has a broader base of taxation –

Three things about this answer:

1) Ryan again here refuses to answer Raddatz's yes-or-no question about specifics. So now we know the answer: there are no specifics.

2) In lieu of those nonexistent specifics, what Ryan basically says is that he and Romney will set the framework – "Lower taxes by 20 percent" – and then they'll work out the specifics of how to get there with the Democrats in bipartisan fashion.

3) So essentially, Ryan has just admitted on national television that the Romney tax plan will be worked out after the election with the same Democrats from whom they are now, before the election, hiding any and all details.

MORE at the link.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back