The Very Definition of Cognitive Dissonance...

It's not "heart string tugging". It's how I feel and think when I see the Syrian refugees.

Yeah, like I said, heartstring-tugging. It's pretty obvious that for you, "feel" and "think" are exactly the same activity, and conducted entirely by your glands.
My heart and mind are one. It's a great way to live.

No, it's a stupid, juvenile way to live. Nature gave you glands AND a brain because you're expected to use them both for their intended purposes, not just shut off the brain and think with your hormones.
Heart and mind are one word in Tibetan. When I see human suffering, I'm moved to relieve it.

While I appreciate that, I have to ask if you ever engage your brain and think about whether or not your "movement" is at all sensible and effective, or if it just makes you feel all warm and snuggly and like a good person while having a net destructive effect? Does that ever come up?

I hate to break it to you, hon, but Tibet is wrong. The heart and the mind are very different things . . . for a very good reason.
No. Youre wrong. Its long been a scientific fact that emotions occur in the brain. Its all in the mind and regulated by chemicals in the mind.

It's not "heart string tugging". It's how I feel and think when I see the Syrian refugees.

Yeah, like I said, heartstring-tugging. It's pretty obvious that for you, "feel" and "think" are exactly the same activity, and conducted entirely by your glands.

No, it's a stupid, juvenile way to live. Nature gave you glands AND a brain because you're expected to use them both for their intended purposes, not just shut off the brain and think with your hormones.
Heart and mind are one word in Tibetan. When I see human suffering, I'm moved to relieve it.

While I appreciate that, I have to ask if you ever engage your brain and think about whether or not your "movement" is at all sensible and effective, or if it just makes you feel all warm and snuggly and like a good person while having a net destructive effect? Does that ever come up?

I hate to break it to you, hon, but Tibet is wrong. The heart and the mind are very different things . . . for a very good reason.
I am not in a "movement". The heart/mind is one thing and it isn't the brain or the heart organ. It is thought/ feelings and consciousness.

It's ok, we aren't going to see eye to eye on this. We just see things differently. Have a good day.

Be well.

Last edited:

No. Youre wrong. Its long been a scientific fact that emotions occur in the brain. Its all in the mind and regulated by chemicals in the mind.
It's a point of view I have. It's not "wrong". It's how I see things. When I encounter human suffering, I feel moved to respond kindly.

It's a point of view I have. It's not "wrong". It's how I see things. When I encounter human suffering, I feel moved to respond kindly.
I was talking to Cecilie

I didn't say "the brain". And in this context, the brain and the mind are not the same thing. Nice try at conflating physiological with philosophical, but retard arguments only work on other retards.

I didn't say "the brain". And in this context, the brain and the mind are not the same thing. Nice try at conflating physiological with philosophical, but retard arguments only work on other retards.
There is no context where brain and mind are not the same thing. Thats why brain and mind are synonyms. If there is such a context please point it out.

I am not in a "movement". The heart/mind is one thing and it isn't the brain or the heart organ. It is thought/ feelings and consciousness.

It's ok, we aren't going to see eye to eye on this. We just see things differently. Have a good day.

Be well.

Oh, my God, I thought Asclepias was the most clueless, obtuse person here, but you just surpassed him.

Ignorance really is bliss, apparently.

Good day, be well, move along to someone who's willing to waste words on the functionally illiterate.

Be well.

Oh, my God, I thought Asclepias was the most clueless, obtuse person here, but you just surpassed him.

Good day, be well, move along to someone who's willing to waste words on the functionally illiterate.
Obviously you represent what clueless and obtuse means. You are the one that claimed mind and brain were different things.

There is no context where brain and mind are not the same thing. Thats why brain and mind are synonyms. If there is such a context please point it out.

Holy crap on toast.

Okay, lemme get out my cyber-Crayons and draw you a picture, Oh Sultan of Fucktardery.

The brain is a physiological organ, which controls the rest of the body and processes information.

The mind, on the other hand, is a philosophical concept with a multitude of shifting definitions depending on who's using it and in what context. In THIS context, it denotes cognitive abilities, ie. logic and reason, as differentiated from emotion and feeling. This can be readily understood by the use of the words "heart and mind", since physiologically speaking, the heart is an organ which pumps blood and has no direct correlation to emotion at all.

Which makes your post a conflation of physiology and philosophy for the purposes of obfuscation.

Brain and mind are not synonyms, precisely because, as you said, the brain controls BOTH cognition and emotion. So clearly, the brain cannot be synonymous with something which is only a part of the whole.

Speaking of cognitive dissonance:

LIBTARD: Guns just killed some more people. We must ban them.

RUBE: Cars kill a lot more people than guns. So I guess we should ban them, too, right? Right? Right?

FOX NEWS: Some more Muslims just killed some more people. Every time any Muslim anywhere kills someone, we will be right here to tell you all about it, with doom music.

RUBE: WE MUST BAN MUSLIMS!!!

Other moments of cognitive dissonance:

1) When a rube claims Obama wasn't "vetted" during the campaign.

2) Murdering 50 million fetuses and then claiming you are saving lives by selling the healthy organs you harvested from the corpses you just murdered.

3) Saying the "KKK is Democrat" as though the KKK would support the modern day Democratic platform of affirmative action, ObamaCare, gay marriage, labor unions, higher taxes, and bigger government!

4) Defending the Confederacy one day, and condemning the Southern slavers as Democrats the next day.

I got a million of 'em.

Be well.

Obviously you represent what clueless and obtuse means. You are the one that claimed mind and brain were different things.

Because they are. This is why precision in choosing words is important: because words mean things.

Holy crap on toast.

Okay, lemme get out my cyber-Crayons and draw you a picture, Oh Sultan of Fucktardery.

The brain is a physiological organ, which controls the rest of the body and processes information.

The mind, on the other hand, is a philosophical concept with a multitude of shifting definitions depending on who's using it and in what context. In THIS context, it denotes cognitive abilities, ie. logic and reason, as differentiated from emotion and feeling. This can be readily understood by the use of the words "heart and mind", since physiologically speaking, the heart is an organ which pumps blood and has no direct correlation to emotion at all.

Which makes your post a conflation of physiology and philosophy for the purposes of obfuscation.

Brain and mind are not synonyms, precisely because, as you said, the brain controls BOTH cognition and emotion. So clearly, the brain cannot be synonymous with something which is only a part of the whole.
The time you spent typing that could have been better served looking the word up. Why do you illiterates always argue without checking first? :laugh:

mind
mīnd/
noun
  1. 1.
    the element of a person that enables them to be aware of the world and their experiences, to think, and to feel; the faculty of consciousness and thought.
    "as the thoughts ran through his mind, he came to a conclusion"
    synonyms: brain, intelligence, intellect, intellectual capabilities, brains,brainpower, wits, understanding, reasoning, judgment, sense, head;More

2. 2.
    a person's intellect.
    "his keen mind"
    synonyms: brain, intelligence, intellect, intellectual capabilities, brains,brainpower, wits, understanding, reasoning, judgment, sense, head;

Do you really call me an illiterate after explaining to you where I'm coming from? My goodness!

We're definitely not seeing eye to eye. It's ok. Life is too short to spend it arguing.

Be well.

Because they are. This is why precision in choosing words is important: because words mean things.
No they arent. Thats why they are synonyms.

Do you really call me an illiterate after explaining to you where I'm coming from? My goodness!

No, I called you illiterate after you "duuhhh-ed" out on the connection between the word "movement" and your own word, "moved", to which it responded. Do they not believe in conjugating words in Tibet, either?

We're definitely not seeing eye to eye. It's ok. Life is too short to spend it arguing.
No. I called Cecille illiterate.....are you ok?

She was TALKING to me, dumbass. Conceited much? Or just trying to get lucky?

Did you really just ask her if she was "okay" over an Internet post? :rolleyes-41:

In the 1940s, Americans stormed beaches and overthrew evil dictators. In 2015, Americans need safe spaces and antidepressants, because words. :eusa_wall:

Did you really just ask her if she was "okay" over an Internet post? :rolleyes-41:

In the 1940s, Americans stormed beaches and overthrew evil dictators. In 2015, Americans need safe spaces and antidepressants, because words. :eusa_wall:
She was talking to you? I called you an illiterate and she posted under me. Why would I think she was talking to you?

No, I called you illiterate after you "duuhhh-ed" out on the connection between the word "movement" and your own word, "moved", to which it responded. Do they not believe in conjugating words in Tibet, either?
I give up. I don't hang out with name callers.

Have a nice day!

Last edited:

She was talking to you? I called you an illiterate and she posted under me. Why would I think she was talking to you?

Possibly because she and I were conversing, and I called her illiterate. Hence her phrase ". . . after explaining to you where I'm coming from?"

Wow, it's like reading, comprehending, and remembering are ACTUALLY USEFUL!

Idiot.

Forum List

Back