Zone1 The Value of Links?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to place great value of "links" on this forum as if they represent some unbiased verification of factual events. In many cases they are far from reliable information. So why do we place "journalists" on such a pedestal of credibility? Do you consider them to be some sort of geniuses who are certified to instruct the masses? I certainly don't.

It seems to me that "Clean Debate" should primarily consist of a statement of proposed facts and logical conclusions. If any of these facts or conclusions are disputed, then contrary facts and logical conclusions should be stated with their objective sources if necessary. But referring to the mere opinions of others in order to bolster one's own arguments is an intellectual cop-out.
I think that is fine, and no links would be needed. I think where links are called for is when make a about something specific like so and so did or said this.

You got him THIS time.

indeed.

LMAO How's that Hunter doing?

hunter committed some crimes & should be held accountable. but thanx for the false equation ... since that's all you've got. :heehee:

Veggie Joe isn't far behind

:auiqs.jpg: is that a fact jack? where's them there 17 tapes that are SUPPOSTA string dark brandon up? :laughing0301:

and unlike Trump, Hunter has been found guilty as charged.

:popcorn:

We are mostly old. That's the problem.

Demanding links is an old practice of the old internet, when having three or four tabs opened would crash everything and Googling would slow your connection.

People here like Golfing Gator who demand links all the time are either ancient or purposely clogging up the works. Unless the information I'm presenting is quite obscure, links should not be required. A microsecond internet search should verify for anyone.
While I (yuck) agree we are mostly old…I don’t think it is unreasonable to ask for links when so e makes an assertion like ..polls say blah blah blah.

So how do you account for your failures?

how do you account for yers?

Do you blame Trump for making you post fake narratives?

lol ...

special.gif

like ^^^ that ^^^ ?:auiqs.jpg:

i can only speak for myself & don't use huffpo, daily kos, & the like... nor gateway pundit or brietbart.

if i can, i try to use aggregates & sources such as RUETERS & AP. occasionally i'll use a youtube from MSNBC, CNN, or FOX if a story has been reported widely across various news agencies. there's not much differance between NYT, WaPo, or the WSJ when it comes to reporting facts. the only difference lies within their OP/EDs.
Tragedy is that every one of those is Fake . And it is as though you have deliberately picked the worst — most obviously under CIA control . I rest my case as nobody likes to be told that they are pawns in the Matrix .

Do you think overall that academia is “unbiased”?

It’s arguably the most radical institution in our country

How to Find Credible Sources for Research​

How can you find credible sources for research and avoid misinformation? Your instructor likely recommends avoiding general web content or Wikipedia.

Finding the most reliable websites for research starts with evaluating the website itself. Sites run by academic or government organizations rank high in reliability. Databases and specialized search engines can also provide good research sources.

Next, make sure you understand the source of the information and the process used to publish it. Scholarly articles and books that undergo peer review make for the best academic resources.
10 Best Online Websites and Resources for Academic Research | BestColleges

Alternative_Facts.jpg

Facts are facts! There are no alternatives.

Defintion of "fact" from Merriam-Webster's Dictionary:

• the quality of being actual
  • something that has actual existence; an actual occurrence
What_is_Fake_News__Guide3.png

Though this term has been politicized, fake news is a real problem and represents information that is completely fabricated. There may be bias in mainstream news sources, but this is not the same as intentionally presenting false information.

Usually this takes the form of sites that purport to be major news sites, but are not. For example, abc.co.uk instead of abc.com. Sometimes newer, fringe news organizations rise in popularity and share overwhelmingly biased sources. Some of these will combine false information alongside facts presented in an extremely biased manner.
LibGuides: Evaluating Information: Vetting Your Sources: Hot Topics: What is Fake News?

' Libguides' is short for Library guides ' NOT 'liberal guides '

& for the love of god - WIKI, facebook, twitter & 'truth' social ARE NOT legit sources.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back