The USA is the greatest country in the history of the world !

Oh by the way, great American: I try to remember since some time the name of an important blind U.S.-American musician, who had died on hunger in the early 20th century in your country. Do you know his name?
Blind Melon Chitlin

I thought about a single blind musician with negroid skin, who had died in the 1920ies, when he was relativelly old. He died on hunger. As far as I remember he was poor, he lived alone and no one cared about him.

Would that be Blind Lemon Jefferson?

Very good answer. I looked for a man in his quality. I'm not sure now. Could be. Perhaps I had a wrong mystic story. Blind Lemon Jefferson was important for the country-blues. Perhaps exists a second man in his quality and time who was important for ... another direction in music . Whatever. "Country blues" is good answer now for me. Thank you very much.

Oh by the way, great American: I try to remember since some time the name of an important blind U.S.-American musician, who had died on hunger in the early 20th century in your country. Do you know his name?
Blind Melon Chitlin

I thought about a single blind musician with negroid skin, who had died in the 1920ies, when he was relativelly old. He died on hunger. As far as I remember he was poor, he lived alone and no one cared about him.

Would that be Blind Lemon Jefferson?

Very good answer. I looked for a man in his quality. I'm not sure now. Could be. Perhaps I had a wrong mystic story. Blind Lemon Jefferson was important for the country-blues. Perhaps exists a second man in his quality and time who was important for ... another direction in music . Whatever. "Country blues" is good answer now for me. Thank you very much.

You're welcome.

the United States has freed ,fed,defended and offered more aid and cured more disease's than any other country on earth ! no matter what the left says the USA has done more for man kind than any other nation in history !
The USA is EASILY the best country in the world. If you're American and don't agree with this, PLEASE LEAVE. Venezuela or any country in the Middle East would be more suitable for you. You're welcome.

Thank you Founding Fathers.
There is NO credit, ZERO, directed to trumpstain, for Making America Great.

the United States has freed ,fed,defended and offered more aid and cured more disease's than any other country on earth ! no matter what the left says the USA has done more for man kind than any other nation in history !

We have done some amazingly good things for the world, that is beyond question.

We have also done some amazingly evil things along the way.
nearly every country has! why is it so hard for people like you to admit that this is the greatest country in the world ?

I think we are a great country, my favorite one by far and I have been to more than 2 dozen.

Saying we are the greatest is like declaring that Rocky Road ice cream is the greatest ever...well you might think so but other disagree and like cookie dough. It is a subjective thing and not everyone will agree.
Careful, you will be labelled a communist!

Based on the criteria in the OP I would say it is doubtful. Where are all these people that have been set free ?

THe US is still the greatest nation, despite all the criminal dems.
If great is decided by gdp, prison population, military strength. The US doesn't do so well in categories like quality of life, national happiness, perceived corruption, migrant acceptance, etc., etc..

Migrant acceptance? Why would that be a metric to measure greatness? Sounds stupid.

National happiness? Compared to who?

Quality of life? That seems reasonable. Who beats US there?

Seems a lot of people based upon whom you ask...

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/quality-of-life-rankings

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/standard-of-living-by-country/

Name one.

Migrant acceptance? Why would that be a metric to measure greatness? Sounds stupid.
Well of course it does sound stupid if one's metrics are gdp, size of prison population and military strength.

edit...And your post is also a hint as to why the US doesn't do so well at it.

Migrants are not inherently good. Accepting bad migrants is not a plus. Counting acceptance of itt as a metric of "greatness" is stupid.

You find my reasoning simplistic? Take a second to compare it to yours. Or your complete lack there of.

If great is decided by gdp, prison population, military strength. The US doesn't do so well in categories like quality of life, national happiness, perceived corruption, migrant acceptance, etc., etc..

Name one.

Did you not click on the links provided? Did they confuse you?

Name one.

Did you not click on the links provided? Did they confuse you?

Links are to support points, not make them.

Posting a link, without comment, is bullshit.

The US is the greatest nation ever. For many of the reasons you cite before the moronic lie about the left. Liberals saw to it that we did great things.

Strange you support a blob who wants to see us do none of the things you highlight. Hell even American citizens in Puerto Rico were shunned by the blob.

Links are to support points, not make them.

Posting a link, without comment, is bullshit.

Quality of life is a purely subjective measure, thus arguing about it is like arguing about the best flavor of ice cream.

I'm not the one that brought it up. NOr posted a link to support it.

But if you offered even a subjective example, we could take a look at it, and see if it is really better, and perhaps what we could learn from them, if anything.

Be warned, I would probably point out, that without the protection provided by the US, that any such example would have to completely redo their government budgets, and reintroduce the draft.

But if you offered even a subjective example, we could take a look at it, and see if it is really better, and perhaps what we could learn from them, if anything.

Be warned, I would probably point out, that without the protection provided by the US, that any such example would have to completely redo their government budgets, and reintroduce the draft.

Sure, let's play your game...Norway has a better quality of life than the US...if you ask the people in Norway.

As for the tripe about the "protection" of the US, unless you can prove that we stopped invading armies then it is nothing but an American wet dream.

Sure, let's play your game...Norway has a better quality of life than the US...if you ask the people in Norway.

As for the tripe about the "protection" of the US, unless you can prove that we stopped invading armies then it is nothing but an American wet dream.

Why? The money they don't have to spend on their military or the men they don't have to keep under arms, to ensure their safety, why is that not a factor to be considered?

Why? The money they don't have to spend on their military or the men they don't have to keep under arms, to ensure their safety, why is that not a factor to be considered?

You are assuming there is a threat that we are saving them from, that is not a given. That is like the guy that put cannons in his front yard and then claimed they were keeping the pirates away.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

You are assuming there is a threat that we are saving them from, that is not a given. That is like the guy that put cannons in his front yard and then claimed they were keeping the pirates away.

The Soviet Union is an historical fact. The threat from them was enough to unify the vast majority of the rest of Europe under American leadership for 50 years.

That alone, is reason enough to consider that factor valid.

The Soviet Union is an historical fact. The threat from them was enough to unify the vast majority of the rest of Europe under American leadership for 50 years.

The Soviet Union no longer exist, you might as well argue we are keeping them safe from the Roman Empire.

The Soviet Union no longer exist, you might as well argue we are keeping them safe from the Roman Empire.

Except that their current society is still pretty derivative of that time frame.

And here we have a winner.
The horseshit for brains award.

1) Quality of life. First and foremost that is subjective. What is ideal for one person, is hell for someones else. So perhaps the better way to look at it, is what areas of the world offer the best chances for a wide variety of possibilities. USA has that is spades. Weather wise, we have them all. Paradise tropical islands, to arctic wilderness and everything in between. Economically, for the general population, USA beats virtually everyone. The possibilities are only as limited as your willingness to make it happen.
I could go on. Is it the best place to live in the world, maybe not, depends on your situation and ideals, but it is a damn good one.

2) National happiness. WTF is that anyway? You think there is a nation on the planet where everyone is in Nirvana? Get a grip.

3) Perceived corruption? WTF does that mean? There is corruption or there isn't. And you bet, as far as national government is concerned USA is pretty damn corrupt. But compared to other nations... not that different. You think Canada isn't corrupt? Just as a Canadian. France? Germany? They are all corrupt by globalism/elitism. All of them. And then when you get away from western societies, the corruption multiplies. Again, get a grip.

4) Migrant acceptance? Are you brain dead? America is the most diverse nation on the planet. No one even comes close. It is the only place on the planet where you can get in your car, drive for only 30 minutes and pass 10 different religion churches, pass blacks, latinos, Asians, Caucasians, Middle Easterners...etc. And you know what simpleton? We all get along pretty damn good, Everyday. Except of course on TV and in the Entertainment world they try very hard to convince you we are the most racist, misogynist intolerant country in the world. And for you - obviously it worked easily.

Grow up.

Forum List

Back