The upside to the Scott Brown win

Screaming Eagle

Oct 8, 2009
Liberalism is dead. The Democrats are finished. They're leaderless, their party is in shambles, they're doooooomed. hahahahaha

Ok, that was just a joke. The good news is that this election was about ObamaCare. Exit polls show it, common sense shows it, the fact that Massachusetts has had their own style of Obamacare and are extremely unhappy with it lends even more credence to the obvious. This election was a referendum, nay, mandate to stop Obamacare. Let's hope it's successful.

Not so fast. You sound like one of the munchkins when they saw the house land on the witch. There are other witches. And they are just resting in their castle with their flying monkeys waiting for you to get complacent.

Not so fast. You sound like one of the munchkins when they saw the house land on the witch. There are other witches. And they are just resting in their castle with their flying monkeys waiting for you to get complacent.

Yeah, and one of them just got elected this evening.

Stop looking at politics as just the Democrats being the evil witches.

Liberalism is dead. The Democrats are finished. They're leaderless, their party is in shambles, they're doooooomed. hahahahaha

Ok, that was just a joke. The good news is that this election was about ObamaCare. Exit polls show it, common sense shows it, the fact that Massachusetts has had their own style of Obamacare and are extremely unhappy with it lends even more credence to the obvious. This election was a referendum, nay, mandate to stop Obamacare. Let's hope it's successful.

Uh, You forgot something.

Brown was elected out of fear of my party's health care reform bill. If the house votes in favor of the senate bill, the bill goes straight to the White House without the need of a senate vote.

In short, President Obama still wins because the GOP rejects both the house and senate versions of the bill.

All this tells me was something I knew all along. "opt out" will not part of health care reform for now. However, the senate bill does lay the ground work for an "opt out" vote down the road.

Food for thought

Last edited:

Yeah, and one of them just got elected this evening.

Puh-leeze... The far left wing of the democratics is what's wrong with the party...

As for your reaction to Scott Brown's win: Need a tissue?

Those shockingly diminutive little teenie tiny itsy bitsy coattails worn by President Obama got exposed tonight. >>>.<<<

The gift from the majority of voters in Massachusetts today is one which will keep on giving.

Puh-leeze... The far left wing of the democratics is what's wrong with the party...

As for your reaction to Scott Brown's win: Need a tissue?

You seem to be saying that Republicans have nobody wrong in their party. I'm saying they do.

As for my reaction to Scott Brown's win, I was more classy about it than anyone I like to think. That's not to say others weren't, but I gave a well-earned congrats to Scott and Republicans here on USMB and here in Mass.

Don't know what's wrong with you. Though you're not very House like when your partisanship is showing. You guys won tonight, no need to act bitter about it.

pelosi-photo.jpg

If only she'd melt...

The younger more attractive candidate who is a MUCH better public speaker won in a district which kept a Kennedy in office. Go figure.

Uh, You forgot something.

Brown was elected out of fear of my party's health care reform bill. If the house votes in favor of the senate bill, the bill goes straight to the White House without the need of a senate vote.

In short, President Obama still wins because the GOP rejects both the house and senate versions of the bill.

All this tells me was something I knew all along. "opt out" will not part of health care reform for now. However, the senate bill does lay the ground work for an "opt out" vote down the road.

Food for thought

I don't think it was just healthcare. I think it was his failiure to keep his promises. The fact that his open and transparant Govt just ain't there. The no more lobbyists and earmarks I also think the sleazy backroom deals, i.e. The Louisian Purchase, the Cornhusker Kickback and all the rest had a lot to do with it. The fact that the Dems had to bribe their own party members to even get the clusterfuck of a healthcare bill the the floor.

This man campaigned on change. I think most who voted for him thought he meant he would clean up DC and the way DC operates. I don't think they were thinking about a Govt run healthcare program. Crap and Trade and climate change. No. I think they took OL'BO at his word and are now seeing what he's really all about.

I think BO can pull it out if he takes a lesson from Bill Clinton. Move to the center and start governing. Start looking for ways to create jobs and forget about his left wing agenda. It just ain't gonna fly. Jobs and the economy is whats on everyones mind, not his clusterfuck of a healthcare bill. The man is smart. He needs to use his brain and put his ideology aside.

Forum List

Back