The “update” now allows ads? Even for those of us who have paid for using this site?

The company, Amazon, has some issues. On the other hand, it delivers a pretty good service. I am not claiming to care about Amazon.

I’m just wondering how and why a server update ends up making me see anything I’ve basically agreed to pay not to see.

Management may be breaching its deal with the paying members.

All I see is an annoying little link for A mazon....That's it.

That's the first thing I blocked when the web site came back online.

Great thing about the Brave browser.

Right-click the element...scroll to Brave in the popup menu...select block element...click said element...gone.

Have to do it for the little emoji , too.

Took like 5 seconds.

Reason being is not that it was bothersome, per se. And not to purposefully impede any revenue the web site might generate from the affiliate link.

It's just that I don't personally shop on the Amazon platform. Ever. Nor will I ever. So I've no use for it now or in the future.

Last edited:
I have a good ad blocker. And it worked until last night’s server update.

😜
Same here. I refuse to "click on it" and I see it as a "more to come thing." And I won't click on that either. It's a little one-line link to A mazon and the only ad I have ever seen in all my years here. :death:

Last edited:
Same here. I refuse to "click on it" and I see it as a "more to come thing." And I won't click on that either. It's a little one-line link to A mazon and the only ad I have ever seen in all my years here. :death:

It's not really an ad.

It's just an affilliate link.

Looks like they're doing it with eBay too, as any time you type eBay, it automatically links to eBay with an affiliate link.

I do buy things on eBay, though.

In truth..I have some of the most rigorous ad blocking going on..and I see the A mazon blurb. I'm guessing that it's part of the Site header..and thus escapes the screening.
I once came here with all protections turned off..just to see.
Was a horror show of ads and pop-ups..even worse on the phone.
Easy to block most of it.

You can't block that ad because it's hard coded into the site. You'll just have to deal with it. Plus, it's only during Prime time... only comes once a year. Chill.

Wtf?

It is (granted) not a huge problem. But it’s still worth noting.

After your recent server update, I am now subject to an ad.

Why? I don’t want to see your marketing shit.

Edit. I revised the post in this thread and put the revised version in the proper forum.
uBlock Origin. Click the icon on the toolbar, click 'Picker' (the eye-dropper icon). Pick the Amazo-n ad. Click create. All that will be left is the emoji.

I spelled it Amazo-n because otherwise this site automatically links to it.

I do buy things on eBay, though.
I buy on e-Bay but I won't sell there any longer. Too much in commissions and they've given buyers so much protection (which is good) that they have really made it undesirable to sell. They can hold up your money for a long time, and other issues. I used to sell some of my comics and used musical instruments/gear. Now I use Reverb for the gear. Haven't found a replacement for the comics.

You can't block that ad because it's hard coded into the site. You'll just have to deal with it. Plus, it's only during Prime time... only comes once a year. Chill.

I was chill, I was just being nerdy. If it was an eBay link, I probably wouldn't have removed it from view.

I buy on e-Bay but I won't sell there any longer. Too much in commissions and they've given buyers so much protection (which is good) that they have really made it undesirable to sell. They can hold up your money for a long time, and other issues. I used to sell some of my comics and used musical instruments/gear. Now I use Reverb for the gear. Haven't found a replacement for the comics.

I like the new way they do it where you can link your bank account directly.

I don't use PayPal any more. When they started blocking accounts of organizations because of the moral/political foundation of the account holder, I was like pft, screw you guys.

When Proton was being tested, they blocked that drive, for instance. Apparenty PayPal wasnlt sure if the government would approve privacy, so they blocked account. lol.

Forum List

Back