The “update” now allows ads? Even for those of us who have paid for using this site?

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!
Last edited:
Last edited:
Wtf?

It is (granted) not a huge problem. But it’s still worth noting.

After your recent server update, I am now subject to an ad.

Why? I don’t want to see your marketing shit.
I saw that little banner. My system does not allow much of that, as I suspect yours might not.
I have noticed a small one on the right column before. If I turn system and software protections off, as I have to on occasion to actually see what is posted that somebody objects to, I also see significantly more add work, that I had no idea was here, until this year, previously having no reason to be on the site without my system and software protections.
As you said, it is a little thing, yet noticeable and actually only more noticeable due to moving. I think of things like that, similar to Lowes moving things around in an aisle or department, specifically so they will be noticed and increase traffic or interest in the item or sign advert.
Like most of us, I shop with that bunch repeatedly, but would not link there from here in a million years, so pay it no mind. I don't. There is a business model involved here, as anywhere else you can discuss things on the internet.

Wtf?

I saw that little banner. My system does not allow much of that, as I suspect yours might not.
I have noticed a small one on the right column before. If I turn system and software protections off, as I have to on occasion to actually see what is posted that somebody objects to, I also see significantly more add work, that I had no idea was here, until this year, previously having no reason to be on the site without my system and software protections.
As you said, it is a little thing, yet noticeable and actually only more noticeable due to moving. I think of things like that, similar to Lowes moving things around in an aisle or department, specifically so they will be noticed and increase traffic or interest in the item or sign advert.
Like most of us, I shop with that bunch repeatedly, but would not link there from here in a million years, so pay it no mind. I don't. There is a business model involved here, as anywhere else you can discuss things on the internet.

The company, Amazon, has some issues. On the other hand, it delivers a pretty good service. I am not claiming to care about Amazon.

I’m just wondering how and why a server update ends up making me see anything I’ve basically agreed to pay not to see.

Management is breaching its deal with the paying members.

Wtf?

It even circumvents my ad blockers... all three of them.

But it's the same ad you're seeing. I suspect some sort of paid sponsorship...? Maybe the board is hosted on Amazon servers?

The company, A mazon, has some issues. On the other hand, it delivers a pretty good service. I am not claiming to care about A mazon.

I’m just wondering how and why a server update ends up making me see anything I’ve basically agreed to pay not to see.

Management is breaching its deal with the paying members.
Looks like it's an embedded URL, not a traditional ad.....I'm breaking up the name, so as to not create the link.

I learned long ago that "management" doesn't give a flying fuck about propriety.

The supporting membership gives you fewer ads, not NO ads. I use a couple of ad blockers and don't really see any.

1688834582452.png

Wtf?

Forum List

Back