The “update” now allows ads? Even for those of us who have paid for using this site?

I see the amazon one..small banner at the top. No biggie. I don't see other ads. I use adblock.

Wtf?

It is (granted) not a huge problem. But it’s still worth noting.

After your recent server update, I am now subject to an ad.

Why? I don’t want to see your marketing shit.

Edit. I revised the post in this thread and put the revised version in the proper forum.

Nobody pays to use this site other than the advertisers. None of us posting at USMB pay to use this site. Some of us donate yes because we deeply appreciate a forum that allows us to vent, express our opinions, complain, bitch, discuss re events and issues at a level it just isn't practical to do on any other type site. And for me I appreciate the mods extra effort to keep our 13-year-old thread "The USMB COFFEE SHOP" cleaned up and dedicated to the purpose it is intended.

So I elect not to use my ad blocker here because advertising plus some donations is what makes this site free for me.

All I see is an annoying little link for A mazon....That's it.
So far.
I normally don't complain about the small stuff but these days it rarely STAYS small. It's like the camel's nose under the tent.

Nobody pays to use this site other than the advertisers. None of us posting at USMB pay to use this site. Some of us donate yes because we deeply appreciate a forum that allows us to vent, express our opinions, complain, bitch, discuss re events and issues at a level it just isn't practical to do on any other type site. And for me I appreciate the mods extra effort to keep our 13-year-old thread "The USMB COFFEE SHOP" cleaned up and dedicated to the purpose it is intended.

So I elect not to use my ad blocker here because advertising plus some donations is what makes this site free for me.
I pay to avoid the ads primarily. So, the distinction you make pat the outset doesn’t mean that much to me.

If the site goes broke due to the way it’s run, so be it.

But I have elected to evade the damn ads by contributing. As someone else noted, I guess I’d have to pay even more for the avoidance of all ads. I’m paying for “fewer.”

Forum List

Back