The unsustainability of "green" energy

World oil production is over 90 million barrels a day.
How much of that falls under your "federal lease give away" scenario?

Most of it in this country. Other sweetheart deals in other countries.

Most? How many barrels?

around 2 million barrels per day

Fact check: Oil and natural gas production under Obama - CNNPolitics.com

So 2 million out of over 90 million is the only reason oil is so cheap?
Your math is weak.

I see that oil from federal lands accounts for 21% of total production

https://www.eia.gov/analysis/requests/federallands/pdf/eia-federallandsales.pdf

touche.

651 million barrels in 2014. And these barrels were "given away"? How?
Less than 2 million barrels a day. Versus over 90 million barrels worldwide
Like I said, your math is weak.

You stated that you have to spend a million dollars to get the equivalent of an AAA battery.

Ever heard of portable solar panels? They sell them in the stores, and here in Amarillo, one of those stores is called Battery Joe's.

The panels cost about 25 or 30 bucks, will last for several years, and are capable of fully charging a cell phone or tablet in a few hours.

Some people run their whole house off the grid from solar and wind power, and they usually don't spend more than 10,000 on equipment that they can use for years.

I don't think your argument holds water.
Dude....$25 or $30 to charge your cell phone? I can charge my cell phone off of the nuclear powered electrical grid for abut $0.02.

What a completely nonsensical comment. You literally just proved my point. Most solar panels for home power cost $10,000 and you need FOUR (that's right - four of them) to provide the 22kw - 27kw of a normal home. So $40,000 to power my home?!?! I've lived my entire life and have not spent $40,000 on every electric bill I've ever had in my life totaled together.

So once again - THANK YOU for proving my point! You pay a mind-boggling fortune and get no energy in return. A $10k solar panel isn't enough to run half a home. Only enough to run 1/4th of a home. That is insane.

Green energy works when it's owned by the individual. If you can live off the solar panels on your roof then it works.

My property in San Diego (Coronado) receives 93% of electricity (including my car) used via solar. Still have 21 years on the warranty.

According to Republicans in Nevada, solar should only be for the rich.

In a word. Bullshit. You would have to have over an acre of solar panels to attain that percentage. My wifes family is from La Jolla, we know the area well. You are simply full of crap.

Fossil fuels are cheap to produce because much of it is practically given away to the companies through federal leases.

No, they are cheap to produce because they are cheap to produce. They are also efficient as hell. Take a look at Branson and his effort to push bio jet fuel. It costs 38 bucks a gallon compared to 5 bucks for regular jet fuel. Only a moron would think it is smart to spend that much on fuel. Especially when it is realized that MORE fossil fuel was expended in producing that bio fuel, than is being replaced by that bio fuel.

No, they are cheap to produce because they are cheap to produce. They are also efficient as hell. Take a look at Branson and his effort to push bio jet fuel. It costs 38 bucks a gallon compared to 5 bucks for regular jet fuel. Only a moron would think it is smart to spend that much on fuel. Especially when it is realized that MORE fossil fuel was expended in producing that bio fuel, than is being replaced by that bio fuel.

How much will it cost when mass produced?

Even more than fossil fuels. I guess you missed the part where it takes fossil fuel (vast amounts of it) to MAKE bio fuel. How can you miss that part?

Fossil fuels are cheap to produce because much of it is practically given away to the companies through federal leases.
Nothing could be further from the truth. For every fossil fuel subsidy, there are several thousand green energy subsidies and for every fossil fuel subsidy, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of very costly "environmental" regulations. And still fossil fuels and nuclear power create exponentially more energy for a fraction of the price of "green" technologies.

World oil production is over 90 million barrels a day.
How much of that falls under your "federal lease give away" scenario?

Most? How many barrels?

Your math is weak.

Your math is weak.

Oil is weak because investors made it cheap.

Wrong, it is weak because there is tons of it. And it is cheap to produce. At least 50% of the cost of a barrel of oil is due to speculators. Investors RAISE the price, not decrease it.

Green energy works when it's owned by the individual. If you can live off the solar panels on your roof then it works.

My property in San Diego (Coronado) receives 93% of electricity (including my car) used via solar. Still have 21 years on the warranty.

In a word. Bullshit. You would have to have over an acre of solar panels to attain that percentage. My wifes family is from La Jolla, we know the area well. You are simply full of crap.

Then you should have the numbers so why don't you post them.

Last edited:

Even more than fossil fuels. I guess you missed the part where it takes fossil fuel (vast amounts of it) to MAKE bio fuel. How can you miss that part?

How much more? Let's see the numbers.

Obviously it takes some to extract and refine fuels of any sort. But would be interesting to see how they compare... if anyone has that data.

Most? How many barrels?

Your math is weak.

Your math is weak.

Wrong, it is weak because there is tons of it. And it is cheap to produce. At least 50% of the cost of a barrel of oil is due to speculators. Investors RAISE the price, not decrease it.

There's difference between investors and speculators? Really? I'll alert the media!

Buy low, sell high. It doesn't really matter how it gets low....does it? Market manipulation, especially in commodities is an ever present norm.

Look at natural gas. Players manipulate lower prices to squeeze out competitive fuel sources (coal), blame the EPA, then raise the prices for higher return.

Then you should have the numbers so why don't you post them.

You just responded to them silly boy.

Poor silly man. You really do not know a damned thing do you....

Food for fuel: The price of ethanol | NECSI
Study: Ethanol Production Consumes Six Units Of Energy To Produce Just One

Study: Ethanol Production Consumes Six Units Of Energy To Produce Just One

Your math is weak.

Your math is weak.

There's difference between investors and speculators? Really? I'll alert the media!

Buy low, sell high. It doesn't really matter how it gets low....does it? Market manipulation, especially in commodities is an ever present norm.

Look at natural gas. Players manipulate lower prices to squeeze out competitive fuel sources (coal), blame the EPA, then raise the prices for higher return.

Natural gas is cheap because they recently found bazillions of tons of it. It is ridiculously cheap to produce, and transport, and it is thermally efficient. None of which bio fuels are. Like I said skippy, you don't the slightest bit about what you speak.

Your math is weak.

Your math is weak.

Natural gas is cheap because they recently found bazillions of tons of it. It is ridiculously cheap to produce, and transport, and it is thermally efficient. None of which bio fuels are. Like I said skippy, you don't the slightest bit about what you speak.

He is a moron.

Your math is weak.

Your math is weak.

He is a moron.
Yeah? Well he's a moron with two Teslas, bitch. :slap:

Your math is weak.

He is a moron.
Yeah? Well he's a moron with two Teslas, bitch. :slap:

And he pays a single digit tax rate on his millions.

Face it. You are all fucked without hydrocarbons. All this "green" and "alternative" bullshit isn't going anywhere without the input of either crude oil or natural gas as feedstock to your folly.

Fuck you, motherfuckers. :fu:

Forum List

Back