The United States of Hysteria

'
GETTING BACK TO THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD :

Well I certainly agree that the American Revolution was as much about what the ELITE in the Colonies wanted than it was fighting for freedom, justice or relief from oppressive taxes.

Doubt that?

Shay's Whiskey rebellion

That started DURING the revolutionary war.

Then too let us see what the one of the first military actions was AFTER USA was free shall we?

The Whiskey Rebellion, or Whiskey Insurrection, was a tax protest in the United States beginning in 1791, during the presidency of George Washington.

Oh yes, those Founding Fathers..really lovers of the common man and justice for all ...(rich people)

They were basically nothing but the new bosses replacing the old bosses.
There were no oppressive taxes. That is just a red herring that thoughtless people blindly believe.

You are certainly right about "new bosses replacing the old bosses" -- and, as usual in these violent, chaotic overturnings of government, the new bosses were much worse than the old bosses.

My favorite swindle by the Founding Terrorists was the one about "honoring" the debts of the Criminal Uprising of 1776.

When the Constitution was framed, The Founding Wolves came into their own as the guardians of the sheep. The looting of America began.

The first act of pillage was enshrined in the Constitution. During the Terrorist Insurrection, and later during the period of the Articles of Confederation, the rebel regime forced people to take worthless paper money as payment for their mounting, war-profiteering debts. People knew that they had been cheated by the rebels and sold off the junk money to speculators for pennies on the dollar.

Surprise! Surprise! The speculators turned out to be the "noble and wise Founding Fathers" and their henchmen, and they carefully wrote into the Constitution itself [Article VI, section 1] that the junk money was to be redeemed by the new federal government at full face value! What a clever scheme of double taxation!

That will show those British oppressors!
donald-duck-laughing1.jpg

Last edited:
'
As I mentioned on the previous page, I think that an ignorant and meretricious press -- and later, even worse and more corrupt organs of mass media brainwashing -- have played a great part in making Americans unusually prone to hysteria and paranoia.

Consider the words of the great writer, Alexis de Tocqueville, in his pioneering work analyzing the early American society, Democracy in America, [1830] :

"I shall not deny that in democratic countries newspapers frequently lead the citizens to launch together into very ill-digested schemes....
I confess that I do not entertain that firm and complete attachment to the liberty of the press which is wont to be excited by things that are supremely good in their very nature. I approve of it from a consideration more of the evils it prevents than of the advantages it ensures....

"Many persons in France think that the violence of the press originates in the instability of the social state, in our political passions and the general feeling of uneasiness that consequently prevails; and it is therefore supposed that as soon as society has resumed a certain degree of composure, the press will abandon its present vehemence. For my own part, I would willingly attribute to these causes the extraordinary ascendancy which the press has acquired over the nation; but I do not think that they exercise much influence on its language. The periodical press appears to me to have passions and instincts of its own, independent of the circumstances in which it is placed; and the present condition of America corroborates this opinion.

"America is perhaps, at this moment, the country of the whole world that contains the fewest germs of revolution; but the press is not less destructive in its principles there than in France, and it displays the same violence without the same reasons for indignation. In America as in France it constitutes a singular power, so strangely composed of mingled good and evil....

"The journalists of the United States are generally in a very humble position, with a scanty education and a vulgar turn of mind....The characteristics of the American journalist consist in an open and coarse appeal to the passions of his readers; he abandons principles to assail the characters of individuals, to track them into private life and disclose all their weaknesses and vices.
Nothing can be more deplorable than this abuse of the powers of thought....

"When many organs of the press adopt the same line of conduct, their influence in the long run becomes irresistible, and public opinion, perpetually assailed from the same side, eventually yields to the attack....THE OPINIONS established in the United States under the influence of the liberty of the press are frequently more firmly rooted than those which are formed elsewhere under the sanction of a censor....

"IN the United States democracy perpetually brings new men to the conduct of public affairs, and the administration consequently seldom preserves consistency or order in its measures. But the general principles of the government are more stable and the chief opinions which regulate society are more durable there than in many other countries. When once the Americans have taken up an idea, whether it be well or ill founded, nothing is more difficult than to eradicate it from their minds. The same tenacity of opinion has been observed in England, where for the last century greater freedom of thought and more invincible prejudices have existed than in any other country of Europe. I attribute this to a cause that may at first sight appear to have an opposite tendency: namely, to the liberty of the press."

[emphases added]

Let me see... reviewing all the boogiemen that this nation has feared in my lifetime?

I remember the Red Menace hysteria, the Blacks hysteria, the Hippies hysteria, the Feminists hysteria, The Liberals hysteria, the Immigrants and the Terrorist hysteria.

Manufactured Hysteria is a wonderful way to keep people fearful of their neighbors, isn' it?

It clearly works on a lot of folks here.

The only one of these listed I see that was without grounds would be the "terrorist" hysteria.

I agree. THAT one is blown way out of proportion.

"The refusal of King George III to allow the colonies to operate an honest money system, which freed the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators was probably the prime cause of the revolution."

Benjamin Franklin

Let me see... reviewing all the boogiemen that this nation has feared in my lifetime?

I remember the Red Menace hysteria, the Blacks hysteria, the Hippies hysteria, the Feminists hysteria, The Liberals hysteria, the Immigrants and the Terrorist hysteria.

Manufactured Hysteria is a wonderful way to keep people fearful of their neighbors, isn' it?

It clearly works on a lot of folks here.

Too bad the ignorant union educated left can't tell the difference between the real menaces to freedom and liberty and the "global warming" hysteria which is designed to drain the US economy.

'
GETTING BACK TO THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD :

Well I certainly agree that the American Revolution was as much about what the ELITE in the Colonies wanted than it was fighting for freedom, justice or relief from oppressive taxes.

Doubt that?

Shay's Whiskey rebellion

That started DURING the revolutionary war.

Then too let us see what the one of the first military actions was AFTER USA was free shall we?

The Whiskey Rebellion, or Whiskey Insurrection, was a tax protest in the United States beginning in 1791, during the presidency of George Washington.

Oh yes, those Founding Fathers..really lovers of the common man and justice for all ...(rich people)

They were basically nothing but the new bosses replacing the old bosses.
There were no oppressive taxes. That is just a red herring that thoughtless people blindly believe.

Quite unlike today where there really ARE oppressive taxes!

'

You are certainly right about "new bosses replacing the old bosses" -- and, as usual in these violent, chaotic overturnings of government, the new bosses were much worse than the old bosses.

My favorite swindle by the Founding Terrorists was the one about "honoring" the debts of the Criminal Uprising of 1776.

When the Constitution was framed, The Founding Wolves came into their own as the guardians of the sheep. The looting of America began.

The first act of pillage was enshrined in the Constitution. During the Terrorist Insurrection, and later during the period of the Articles of Confederation, the rebel regime forced people to take worthless paper money as payment for their mounting, war-profiteering debts. People knew that they had been cheated by the rebels and sold off the junk money to speculators for pennies on the dollar.

Surprise! Surprise! The speculators turned out to be the "noble and wise Founding Fathers" and their henchmen, and they carefully wrote into the Constitution itself [Article VI, section 1] that the junk money was to be redeemed by the new federal government at full face value! What a clever scheme of double taxation!

donald-duck-laughing1.jpg

Here's something else you can debunk.

USA Patriotism! ... Founding Fathers > Signers of the Declaration of Independence

While you're at it, debunk the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and the Zionist regime who hijacked the last one.

Hello numan
Are these your words?
If you are quoting an article, please link it.
If they are original to you, that is quite the introductory post. :clap2:

It's very easy to find that out. I just take a long-enough snippet to be unique, say, <Leaving aside the hysteria of the Terrorist Uprising of 1776, there was the hysteria associated with the Alien and Sedition> and drop that phrase into Google. If it's plagiarized it'll always show up in other links.

In this case the only place it showed up was another message board where it was posted by the same poster with the same name and the same avatar, ergo conclusion: original.

And I agree, nice work. :clap2:

'
The Terrorist Insurrection of 1776 was treason and rebellion. It was a vicious, terrorist attack upon good government and orderly administration that unleashed horrors all out of proportion to the trivial matters which supposedly were the "cause" of the Insurrection. Civil society was thrown into chaos and tremendous suffering ensued. It is well known that a majority of the population never supported the Insurrection -- why would they? It meant nothing but hardship and disruption to their lives. Just look at the vast number of Loyalists and ordinary citizens who had their property destroyed by the terrorists, who were threatened and even lost their lives, all those refugees who were forced to flee their native land by the actions of the insensate insurrectionists!

Thank you for your link. I am pleased that some, at least, of the traitors suffered for their evil actions. Alas, all too many of them lived on to enjoy the fruits of their wicked crimes. I know this all too well, since one of my ancestors was a Revolutionary colonel in the Rebellion. As was very often the case, he avoided the fighting and bent all his energies on graft and corruption.

It is a sorrow to me that my daughters could not only be members of the Daughters of the American Revolution, but also members of the far more exclusive Dorcas Society [limited to descendants of officers in the Terrorist Insurrection].

Of course, in the very unlikely event that they could so far forget their honor as to join such unworthy associations, I would certainly disown them!!

Except that Prexy Eisenhower, despite his MIC warnings, installed the Dulles brothers @ State Dept. & DCIA - who went on a rampage of black ops & coups, with Ike's blessing. & Ike himself chose nukes over building up conventional forces - as nukes were cheaper in a purely bugetary way, & Ike also hinted @ the possibility of using nukes whenever foriegn policy was balked by the the Communists - right up until the USSR managed to demonstrate a nuke of their own.
Yes, Eisenhower was certainly no flaming radical, which fact makes it all the more striking that he he warned so strongly against the dangers of the Military-Industrial Complex. He was an old-school principled conservative. Unlike modern totalitarian Neo-Conservatives like Dick Cheney, who famously claimed that "deficits don't matter," he worked hard to keep government from wasting money -- and of course, the Military and its penumbra of running-dogs are Government-Waste Central.

Vietnam was not so much hysteria as the governing system's crackup - the military, traditional MSM, organized religions, government, unions -- they all subscribed to business as usual, as if that were the Spanish-American War in 1898 -- right up until the VC refused to knuckle under, & supporting "our" Vietnamese cost more & more $ & lives & material support. The political costs finally overran any possible "gain" from "winning" the war - whatever that might have meant.
You are skirting around the central problem.
I am continually struck with wonder that most Americans are blocked by their brainwashing from asking, in relation to America's recent wars, the obvious question that is asked at any crime scene -- cui bono -- "who benefits."

These wars have nothing to do with "benefiting America" -- whatever that may mean! -- and everything to do with war profiteers who will stop at nothing to enrich themselves and their allies by manufacturing war materiel and then destroying it (and destroying American soldiers who get in the way, or whose deaths may increase profits) so that they may manufacture more profitable military waste -- and so on, continuing the bilking and ruin of the American people and government and resources for the limited profit of a few sociopathic exploiters.

Why is it, when these criminal wars get started, that it is so hard to stop them, when it is clear that they are so harmful? Obviouslly, there are a host of vested interests who are determined to use their control and influence over government and the media in order to keep their obscene profits rolling in, no matter how much America and its people are being harmed.

For heaven's sake, people, use a little common sense!
I continue to cling to the hope that there are a least a few Americans who can still think realistically.

Interesting posts. Welcome to the board - & your Baptism by Fire, as you've probably noticed. "Some say the world will end in fire. Some say in ice ..."
Yes, Robert Frost (along with fellow New Englander, Emily Dickinson) is my favorite American poet. Its too bad more Americans cannot escape from their brainwashing and emulate a real American like Frost, and his solid realism and good sense.

Where y'all from neuman? The country formerly known as England that still supports a degenerate pseudo monarchy and the favorite first name of male chillen in the capital is Mohammed? They loved the USA while we were secretly arming them before the war and saving their asses during it. Don't make us save your DNA again.

Ironic, isn't it? · · · :cranky:

So you would admit that there is actually more provocation and hence justification for a similar rebellion today that there was then.

You're not kin to Nathanial Hawthorne are you?

My Kinsman, Major Molineux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nathaniel Hawthorne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was born in 1804 in Salem, Massachusetts to Nathaniel Hathorne and the former Elizabeth Clarke Manning. His ancestors include John Hathorne, the only judge involved in the Salem witch trials who never repented of his actions.

So you would admit that there is actually more provocation and hence justification for a similar rebellion today that there was then.

You're not kin to Nathanial Hawthorne are you?
There was no true provocation, and certainly no justification, for rebellion in 1776.

There is vastly more provocation for rebellion today, but certainly no justification for rebellion, since it would end in failure and simply make a bad situation worse.

Where one is surrounded by forces of evil vastly more more powerful than oneself, one must work with wisdom rather than violence, deviousness rather than openness, co-operation rather than bull-headedness, and technical skill rather than crudity.

My roots are in colonial Virginia, and I am no kin to Nathaniel Hawthorne, but I have always agreed with this gem of wisdom from him:

"The United States are suited for many admirable purposes, but not to live in."

[Notice the "are". Rather a nice period touch, don't you think?]

Newman won't say where he is posting from. My guess is a safe house in Beruit. The Hawking icon is just a (not so) clever dodge.

'

Dream on, oh sibling of chaos, dream on.

Newman won't say where he is posting from. My guess is a safe house in Beruit. The Hawking icon is just a (not so) clever dodge.

Oh there are plenty in the US who think just like him though it's more likely that he would be in some place like Tel Aviv.
My guess is some place like New York City, Massachusetts, Miami Florida, Atlanta, Hollywood, or some other bastion of "liberality".

There was no true provocation, and certainly no justification, for rebellion in 1776.

There is vastly more provocation for rebellion today, but certainly no justification for rebellion, since it would end in failure and simply make a bad situation worse.

Where one is surrounded by forces of evil vastly more more powerful than oneself, one must work with wisdom rather than violence, deviousness rather than openness, co-operation rather than bull-headedness, and technical skill rather than crudity.

My roots are in colonial Virginia, and I am no kin to Nathaniel Hawthorne, but I have always agreed with this gem of wisdom from him:

"The United States are suited for many admirable purposes, but not to live in."

[Notice the "are". Rather a nice period touch, don't you think?]

Oh I agree. This is exactly the sort of message I have been trying to get across to my stupid Goy brethren. They are hung up on the idea that wars are only fought with weapons that directly produce blood and gore.

It hasn't occurred to many of them that if they could control the purse strings of the country they could produce all the blood and guts they wanted without even having to soil their own hands.

But economics, law, psychology, publishing, mass media, and public relations stuff isn't near as glamorous as tanks, and jets, machine guns, bullets and bombs, not to mention all the adoration that can be had from being brave enough (or foolhardy enough, depending on ones outlook) to spend the time, money, and effort to build big muscles and practice martial arts so one can become a fabulous cage fighter.

Yes the women love it. But they love money even better.

Maybe too many konks on the head caused them to miss the connection.

During the early and mid 1960's, we had hysteria from the left, that was coexisting with the Weathermen, the anti-war movement, and certain elements of the civil rights movement. Then, around 1970, the right wing hard hats took over the hysteria, and have not relinquished it since. In fact, they have elevated it into a permenant art form, with people like Beck, Coulter, and Rush making a handsome living out of it. Then, the libertarians all discovered that they were better attorneys than the Supreme Court justices, and have joined hands with conservatives, the religious nuts and the tea party. All the meterors that we have been seeing lately is a result of some sort of vortex affecting the cosmos from the Right, by their never ending, "The sky is falling!!!" mantra.

The fledgling little Country that called it self "The United States of America" created the first government in history "of the people, by the people and for the people" and socialists have never forgiven the Founding Fathers for it. While the so-called "cradle of civilization" in the Mid-East stayed mired in dirt and filth for centuries the 200 year old relatively new Republic became a world super-power. During the bloody 20th century the US sacrificed half a million of it's finest and bravest to save the ungrateful DNA of the stupid jerks who use the word "hysteria" without knowing what the hell they are talking about. The "Greatest Generation" should be rolling over in their graves.

The fledgling little Country that called it self "The United States of America" created the first government in history "of the people, by the people and for the people" and socialists have never forgiven the Founding Fathers for it. While the so-called "cradle of civilization" in the Mid-East stayed mired in dirt and filth for centuries the 200 year old relatively new Republic became a world super-power. During the bloody 20th century the US sacrificed half a million of it's finest and bravest to save the ungrateful DNA of the stupid jerks who use the word "hysteria" without knowing what the hell they are talking about. The "Greatest Generation" should be rolling over in their graves.

Those 1770 era socialists were the worst kind, and were notoriously unforgiving of the founding fathers. Washington and Adams recieved threatening telephone calls in the middle of the night for decades!

Forum List

Back