The United States is a nation of immigrants

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
Whether one considers it a "melting pot" of cultures blended together in an ever-changing stew or a mosaic of unique identities that form an evolving portrait, America is continually enriched by new arrivals to its shores.

Of course, getting there is not always easy.

Most UK citizens can travel freely under the Visa Waiver Program for brief visits, but not all; for extended visits, business ventures, job postings, and permanent resettlement, you need the proper visa--and that means a visit to the US Embassy in London or the Consulate in Belfast.

And, if you happen to be among those whom the US government considers "inadmissible," you are going to need a waiver, too.

US Immigration Lawyer

We are no longer a nation of immigrants. We are a nation of Americans. Our citizen population way outnumbers our immigrant population. Just because we still allow immigrants in does not make us a nation of immigrants. Other countries take in immigrants also. Time to shed that stupid label that intends to keep us as a mutt nation rather than a nation of American citizens today. Most of our ancestors have been here for decades and even hundreds of years and many if not most of them were born here so neither they nor their descendants are immigrants.

The Lipton Soup Locomotion

How does/has immigration affected global economics (i.e., differentiations between First World and Third World markets)?

Is Chinatown, San Francisco the 'Orient of the West?'

I remember hearing stories in the society journals about JFK, Jr. dating Hollywood (USA) movie actress Darryl Hannah, and I thought about how modern age media has become ingrained into American culture (perhaps since the days of consumerism-crystallizing Reaganomics).

Why does Hollywood (USA) make movies such as "Coming to America" (1988)?

When you read Christian psalms about the proverbial harlot of Babylon who supposedly reigns during the days of the ominous apocalypse, do you think about how modern-era airline stewardesses possibly entangled in international narcotics-smuggling operations are new age 'diplomats' of 'consumerism/traffic gold-digging?'

I don't find it surprising that Hollywood (USA) is not embarrassed making culture self-evaluation films such as "Mail Order Bride" (1964).

:afro:

Airport 1975 (Film)

dd.jpg

Forum List

Back