Does the USA really have an immigration problem?

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
Forgive my political ignorance, I'm young. It's just that, since the dawn of time, 'immigrants are stealing our jobs!' and the variants have been spouted off by every media outlet, even though that's most likely not true and I've always chalked it up to more of an overexposure issue rather than a feasible reality. But then there's been this whole the DHS business. And one of their leading policies is about reducing immigration which makes me believe that there's more truth in that than I thought. Does anyone have a somewhat nuanced answer on the reality of immigration here?
welcomeimmigrantsbuttonthumb.png

Forgive my political ignorance, I'm young. It's just that, since the dawn of time, 'immigrants are stealing our jobs!' and the variants have been spouted off by every media outlet, even though that's most likely not true and I've always chalked it up to more of an overexposure issue rather than a feasible reality. But then there's been this whole the DHS business. And one of their leading policies is about reducing immigration which makes me believe that there's more truth in that than I thought. Does anyone have a somewhat nuanced answer on the reality of immigration here?

Legal immigration needs to be more limited until every able bodied, willing American is working. Illegal immigration is totally unacceptable as they are taking jobs from Americans by working for less. Even most new jobs are being taken by "immigrants". We need to put our own citizens first.

Wait. You are now young, but you have a gay son, right?

Legal immigration needs to be more limited until every able bodied, willing American is working.

Utter nonsense that is NOT going to happen.

Where do you live, Never never land? Legal controlled immigration, that is one thing, but this uncontrolled free-for-all pathetic excuse called immigration has become a joke, pandering to illegal aliens or excusing them has done plenty of harm. Since you are well out of that orbit and already jumped to conclusions, what is the point arguing? . Most of you don't know all the facts and already have your minds made up.

Last edited:

Wait. You are now young, but you have a gay son, right?
Haha, you are funny my friend. He is an adopted son. For you to know.
you happen to be fond of Jews and Jewish rule in the world.
I am sorry but we are speaking about immigration issue here.

I've got no problem with immigrants going through the proper process and coming to this country LEGALLY. people who sneak into lorries and hang off their backs near El Paso trying to break into the country piss me off. YES WE HAVE.

Forum List

Back