The United States IS a Christian Nation

Read the writings of the men who wrote the developed our nation. They all claim that there can be no democracy without the tenets of Christianity, and freedom and human rights come from God.

Nice try, but no banana.

No they didn't.

And where in the bible does it say anything about Christianity?

Where in the Bible are the bill of rights mentioned? I don't recall anything in the Bible about freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, right to a trial by your peers, due process, or no cruel and unusual punishment. Much less freedom of religion, quite the contrary.

To the contrary the Bible has all this stuff about stoning people for ridiculous infractions.

If you can bring yourself to actually read the Bible, you'll find reference to the disciples of Christ first being call Christians. The passage is found in the New Testament. ACTS 11:26

And later in 1st Peter 4:16 there is a reference to Christians being proud of their beliefs.

And while there is quite a bit of violence and death in the Bible, if you take the time to read more than the parts that other anti-believers tell you about, then you might find the parts that our fore fathers were trying to establish and preserve.

The christians that Peter referred to were accused and persecuted and killed for their beliefs. Sounds like a pretty significant struggle for freedom of speech to me. Let's keep in mind that the ones who were doing the stoning in some of these cases were stoning christians because they claimed a belief in Christ. And here we sit today...defending that same right. Today, Christians don't live in fear of being stoned or beheaded...at least not here in America...but they still face the same ridicule and persecution by non believers.

peter spoke out against rebellion, as all authority is given by god. That is why slaves should shutup and be good slaves

therefore, to rebel against the kind was to rebel against god- for the king's authority came from god (paul = 'diving right of kings')

the FF defied the law of god to found America

Read the writings of the men who wrote the developed our nation. They all claim that there can be no democracy without the tenets of Christianity, and freedom and human rights come from God.

Bullshit. I'd like to see you support your statement. You can't.

peter spoke out against rebellion, as all authority is given by god. That is why slaves should shutup and be good slaves

therefore, to rebel against the kind was to rebel against god- for the king's authority came from god (paul = 'diving right of kings')

the FF defied the law of god to found America

you seem to understand so little.... :confused:

Tell me JB, if this were the case and set in gold, then why did God encourage rebellion by the jewish slaves of the Egyptians with Moses as their leader out of this bondage????

Picking and choosing passages without knowing the full context of the Bible can lead you astray in your understanding of it...be careful....

Tell me JB, if this were the case and set in gold, then why did God encourage rebellion by the jewish slaves of the Egyptians with Moses as their leader out of this bondage????

because it's a racist religion full of contradictions and preaching the Jewish Superman as the superior race and chosen people of god, who are commanded by their evil god to commit genocide (judges and Joshua, for starters) and take the land from its inhabitants, slaying many woman and screaming child, slaying the cattle, destroying the crops, and taking the virgin girls ans sex slaves

because it's a racist religion full of contradictions and preaching the Jewish Superman as the superior race and chosen people of god, who are commanded by their evil god to commit genocide (judges and Joshua, for starters) and take the land from its inhabitants, slaying many woman and screaming child, slaying the cattle, destroying the crops, and taking the virgin girls ans sex slaves

Because it is "situational", it is NOT set in stone for every different situational event but works within the circumstances....intent is critical, logic is critical, circumstance is critical etc...

Just as the 10 commandments says thou shall not steal...

there is also a law of compassion that states NO strange Man eating the fruit from your field, in your field, to feed himself shall be punished...but YOU would probably call that a contradiction from the 10 commandments of not stealing and see the man eating the fruit in your own field that you labored on, as a thief or as stealing your fruit...thus calling it another "contradiction", but it is not a contradiction, it is YOU who just does not understand it, because you have NOT spent enough time, trying to understand it...

Regardless, I am not asking you to do such, to study more, that's simply up to you and is your choice...not mine to judge or call...just a suggestion, simply that, since you seem to have INTEREST in the topic...

Care

Last edited:
The United States IS a Christian Nation ... that waterboards.

Jesus would be proud.

crying-baby-2.gif

care, the NT can't even agree with itself on whether jesus was sent to save non-jews. your religion's a joke, get over it

what's it to ya?

why do you care?

why is it sooooooooo important to you to disparage what i believe?

to justify your own stance? what? :confused:

are you so self centered that you can not give courtesy to what others personally believe regarding their own religion or non religious beliefs?

I hope you are not claiming to be a liberal, because you are so far from it, imo.

care

26Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.

27And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

28And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

care, the NT can't even agree with itself on whether jesus was sent to save non-jews. your religion's a joke, get over it

both,

his first coming was to save the jews that recognized that he was the messiah, and also for the gentiles that were grafted in to the tree of life once they accepted him, is my understanding of his first coming.

what's it to ya?

care
considering you people want to hijack our nation, destroy the republic, and abolish the very basis of the law- it's important for everyone

both,

his first coming was to save the jews that recognized that he was the messiah, and also for the gentiles that were grafted in to the tree of life once they accepted him, is my understanding of his first coming.

'grafted into the tree of life' :cuckoo:

Jesus said:
I came only to save the lost sheep of israel

Mat 10:5 Jesus sent these twelve out, charging them, saying: Do not go into the way of the nations, and do not go into a Samaritan city.
Mat 10:6 But rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

then, after realizing he'd screwed up again, youe bible says your god changes its mind yet again
Mat 28:19 Then having gone, disciple all nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

not so interesting as a time-traveling jesus and the unimportance of a virgin birth, though

{T}he Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion
-First Treaty of Tripoli (Article 11), written under George Washington and signed by John Adams

This was settled long ago. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar and/or a fool- do not trust them, for they are fundamentally dishonest at their very core

furthermore

To talk of immaterial existences is to talk of nothings. To say that the human soul, angels, god, are immaterial, is to say they are nothings, or that there is no god, no angels, no soul. I cannot reason otherwise: but I believe I am supported in my creed of materialism by Locke, Tracy, and Stewart... I am satisfied, and sufficiently occupied with the things which are, without tormenting or troubling myself about those which may indeed be, but of which I have no evidence

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Adams, Aug. 15, 1820
Jefferson=agnostic; a shame the word was not available to him...

Jefferson later said in a letter to Peter Carr (Jefferson's nephew)

Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of God; because if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.

and, of course- since the dishonest anti-freedomists and would-betheocratic tyrants insist on taking the FF's private comments as 'evidence' when it is shown that their evil god appears nowhere in the Constitution... sayth, TJ:
Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man

Last edited:
Jefferson later said in a letter to Peter Carr (Jefferson's nephew)

Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of God; because if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.

obsession-ad.jpg

More Adams:
As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation.
But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been
blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the
most bloody religion that ever existed?"

[letter to F.A. Van der Kamp, Dec. 27, 1816]

Jews, Christians, and mulsims- all are enemies of the Republic, and of freedom.All patriots who love liberty should oppose them at all times and turns, for only when they are destroyed completely and retired to the pages of history, serving, like gods past,m as merely the literary material of the coming generations- that liberty may be secure

The United States was Christian nation...but the government was always secular. Now you have people that follow Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism...and various other religions, and Atheism too.

Just let religions be...and don't let religion get too far into politics. If history is any guide...if any one religion or belief system takes power it represses or imposes on the other. This is why the founders of the United States established secularism...to stop a single faith from controlling the united states...and there are tons of faiths...why should one denomination of Christianity control the rest (aka why should a Catholic control a Protestant) or why should another faith control another. Its just wrong. This is why the United States will always be secular.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back